• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

In the latest Halo book, set a few years before Halo 5, the
monitor of Installation 00, Tragic Solitude, kills a team sent to Ark after the events of Halo 3. He spares one of the team and uses him to reactivate the Halo firing sequence. This is a plot to force the Ark's portal to Earth to be re-opened, as the monitor wishes to seek revenge against Humanity for damaging the Ark. He plans to sent thousands of Retrievers - Forerunner bots, to harvest Earth for resources, along with the rest of the Sol system, before re-firing the entire Halo array for shits and giggles.

Instead of just keeping the sole survivor alive, TS turns him into a shitty version of Robocop, with knives and blades in his hands. He needed a human to activate the firing sequence, as that's how the system works.

MmayW6rcng-2.png

He also happens to be the brother of the
second team member they send to Ark to stop the array firing. Funny how he always talks about his brother in case you forget that they are brothers. They are related. Brothers. Bros. Family. Brothers. He is brainwashed to kill on command! He defeats Tragic Solitude via his love and humanity. Ugh.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm glad I never bothered with any EU stuff post-Bungie because I'd probably be upset with the crap they're putting out. I'll just keep pretending it doesn't exist.

What's the point of a toggle? If the sequence is playing for one person, that time has to be taken up for all. Do you really want a black screen instead of that intro/outro? Maybe so, but is it worth the effort of a toggle?

I for one didn't like the bro stuff. It's not a ridiculous position.

HaloGAF: would literally want a toggle to have either cool new stuff or a completely featureless black screen

Wow, that's pretty bad. I'm glad I never bothered with any EU stuff post-Bungie because I'd probably be upset with the crap they're putting out. I'll just keep pretending it doesn't exist.

It's not all bad. This was a very meh novel, but the Forerunner and Kilo-Five trilogies are excellent additions to the EU.

Silentium itself (Forerunner trilogy book #3) is just really damn good.

HaloGAF: would literally want a toggle to have either cool new stuff or a completely featureless black screen

everythingisterrible.gif

Are power weapons customizable too?
Like if there's a sniper rifle that you could use the dmr scope to use smart scope instead of zoom?
Just wondering if Warzone weapons and/or Campaign weapons support that type of options.

Akai__

Are power weapons customizable too?
Like if there's a sniper rifle that you could use the dmr scope to use smart scope instead of zoom?
Just wondering if Warzone weapons and/or Campaign weapons support that type of options.

Was customization even confirmed?

Because if I understood correctly it's all just skins and Legendary weapon versions. For example, there's a Linda's Sniper Rifle version, which is a 1 shot kill Sniper, I believe.

Posting gif responses without even reading the other posts in the conversation. Nice shitposting.

I did read the previous posts.

How long does it take to load a map on average? That's a CPU intensive process, right?

Any chance, that there's going to be a toggle for the intro/outro at least? I know it won't kill the time that it will take to load or unload the map, but like I said, I think it got old pretty quick.

What's the point of a toggle? If the sequence is playing for one person, that time has to be taken up for all. Do you really want a black screen instead of that intro/outro? Maybe so, but is it worth the effort of a toggle?

I for one didn't like the bro stuff. It's not a ridiculous position.

I'm not overly fond of the super-bro stuff, personally, but it would be awfully silly to have a toggle as you're going to be looking at a blank screen for 5 seconds while everyone else looks at the animation.

Akai__

I did read the previous posts.

I'm not overly fond of the super-bro stuff, personally, but it would be awfully silly to have a toggle as you're going to be looking at a blank screen for 5 seconds while everyone else looks at the animation.

And why is that exactly a problem to you? Nobody is taking the "cool animations" away from you. It only affects the people who don't want to see them every time. I mean, the feedback was clearly suggesting that people didn't like them as much and they toned them down. Even if that is questionable on it's own

Pre game loading screen should just be octagon snipes/br

RIP in pieces modded 1 second respawn gametype on Octagon.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Halo era Bungie is the best Bungie.

All of these bro pose ideas are making me really hope that 343 makes them customizable. Let both parties win. If someone doesn't want their Spartan doing high fives and them other jams, then whatevs. If they don't want ANY of the Spartans to be able to do that then they can go suck a Grunts carefully sculpted ass.

It's a lovely game. It's main weakness visually is that it's just too desaturated imo.

"poses" were confirmed in the game informer video. but they may be referring to spartan card poses in the UI as in halo 4 rather than end of match celebration poses.

Haruko

I like the new DMR ADS animation. Looks really good imo

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is actually a bug. This popped up during E3:

from /r/halo:

The DMR's inner struggle over which version of ADS to use:
http://i.imgur.com/KG1oXzW.gifv

Personally I think the first one (the current intended one, yeah?) is pretty good, and feels similar enough to the scopes of old.

The second one seems to be the ADS from the beta, but with the actual zoom-in not working.

-Ryn

Banned
"poses" were confirmed in the game informer video. but they may be referring to spartan card poses in the UI as in halo 4 rather than end of match celebration poses.
That's my worry. Is would trade those card poses for brofists in a heartbeat.

No. Bad goat. Bad opinion.

Take your bromance in your goat infinity war games simulator
Go play COD if you want that highschool clique feeling again. Keep it out of Halo.
Since when was Halo the lesser in terms of bromance?

Have you SEEN the community?

Or played and of the games?

Or glanced at a gif?

Halo for a long time was the most colorful, least "serious" shooter around. Its multiplayer success was practically founded on that "highschool clique" feeling.

Everyone was whining about the bro stuff before, and now that its gone so many want it back. I don't get it, maybe people are just more vocal about what they don't like. I say good riddance. A calm badass victory pose is how it should be.

Impala26

The complaints over the celebrations were so overblown.

Ramirez swooping in to drop a TRUTH BOMB.

Definitely think they should've kept them and made them a customizable thing--could've been a great way for everyone to express their own style. All the people that don't like them could've just had their character walk forward MC-style, stop and holster their rifle back up against their shoulder. Or you could have had a simple nod or salute or anything. Totally overblown indeed.

jem0208

Everyone was whining about the bro stuff before, and now that its gone so many want it back. I don't get it, maybe people are just more vocal about what they don't like. I say good riddance. A calm badass victory pose is how it should be.
You see calm and badass, I see posing and cheesy.

They've just won a training simulation match, people generally celebrate after something like that. You don't stand there looking "heroic" after winning a paintball match for example.

jelly

The bro stuff fell in the total cringe side however I've got nothing against some fun poses, even silly ones, I don't mind Team Fortress 2 taunts for example. It's just the one t343 showed was completely awful and is that lame forced bro movement you see people do in real life instead of real emotion. To be honest, a quick end to the match leading to the next match with a scoreboard, some nice static art work in the background is all I want to see. Keep it simple, clear and fast with less button to skip prompts.

I hope they change the gun movement when sprinting seen in the E3 video of campaign, it doesn't look right. Sprinting looks weird, is it the sprint to hyperspace detail or the speed not looking that fast. Seems off.

You see calm and badass, I see posing and cheesy.

They've just won a training simulation match, people generally celebrate after something like that. You don't stand there looking "heroic" after winning a paintball match for example.

Well, it depends if you see Spartans as Top Gun Tom Cruise or Mission Impossible Tom Cruise I guess. To each his/her own I suppose.

-Ryn

Banned
The bro stuff fell in the total cringe side however I've got nothing against some fun poses, even silly ones, I don't mind Team Fortress 2 taunts for example. It's just the one t343 showed was completely awful and is that lame forced bro movement you see people do in real life instead of real emotion. To be honest, a quick end to the match leading to the next match with a scoreboard, some nice static art work in the background is all I want to see. Keep it simple, clear and fast with less button to skip prompts.

I hope they change the gun movement when sprinting seen in the E3 video of campaign, it doesn't look right. Sprinting looks weird, is it the sprint to hyperspace detail or the speed not looking that fast. Seems off.
...wut?

Please elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom