• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

I always liked the Hunters in ODST the most. Different versions and they act much smarter. Caught me off-guard a coupple of times.

@Gandie: The first encounter has a weapon box with Shotguns near them.

-Ryn

Banned
What would a Hunter made of butts look like I wonder...

As a soon to be employee of Verizon, have you considered switching to Verizon FiOS?
I'm sure it's super fast with great customer services, not like those other ISPs.

*cough*
Having actually used Verizon's FiOS internet, its worth checking out if it's in your area and you don't already have a good ISP. The customer service is pretty cool, the speeds are good (great if you're directly connected or living in a house) and the prices aren't half bad.

I used it back when I lived in Gresham and it was nice.

I'd put it right after Halo 3, it's real close for me.

Multiplayer

H2>CE>Reach>H4>H2A>H3

Campaigns (also including FF and other modes)

ODST>H2/H2A>CE>H4>Reach>H3

inb4

bSXGToi.gif

So I have spent over an hour doing the Didact fight this morning. Every time I pull myself up the screen says press RT to fire machine gun but nothing happens. Every video I have looked up online it says press LT to plant gernade after MC pulls himself up. Does anyone know what I can do? I have tried tapping RT, I have tried holding RT, nothing works. I even quit out of the game and restarted. This is the worst.

jem0208

We doing this again?

Incoming:

bSXGToi.gif

Campaigns:

3 > 4 = ODST > CE > 2 > Reach

Multiplayer:

2 > H2A (When bullets register) > CE > 4 > Reach > 3 > H2A (when bullets don't register)

So I have spent over an hour doing the Didact fight this morning. Every time I pull myself up the screen says press RT to fire machine gun but nothing happens. Every video I have looked up online it says press LT to plant gernade after MC pulls himself up. Does anyone know what I can do? I have tried tapping RT, I have tried holding RT, nothing works. I even quit out of the game and restarted. This is the worst.

You need to press LT. The QTE is wrong.

Mix

Do I hold LT the entire time the promt is on the screen? He just slaps it away every time. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen in a game.

I'm pretty sure it's after you crawl to it, you pick it up then get right next to him, I'd hit the Left trigger then.

Karl2177

So, the latest patch reset a coupple of Playlist checkpoints. I have a buddy who was at Halo 4 Composer and on Halo CE Two Betrayals in the LASO playlists and now it shows the 1st missions for him again, with the progress reset to 0. I also saw somebody mentioning it in one of the ODST threads, but I had no clue if it actually was the patch casuing it or a corrupt save file. Anyone else affected?

Pretty frustrating for him, because it took him quite some time to get there. I'm glad I did them in time
, eventhough I cheated.

Edit: Just checked my dummy account and the progress is gone. Except for Halo 3.

Happened to me after the February patch. Whenever they push a new patch out, the only thing it saves for player data appears to be the stuff in the start menu. Any progress made in a Campaign mission or Playlist appears to reset.

Fracas

#fuckonami
ODST is still by far the best Halo game.

Fight me Fracas

I haven't played ODST since like 2009, maybe I'd like it now

Because back then, I didn't really care for anything other than its visual style and hub world

Also Nathan Fillion isn't anything special

Man I'm really going to be pissed if for E3 all we get is something like Spartan Ops and no Campaign or BTB footage. As much potential I think Spartan Ops has, it's definitely not the most exciting thing for me.

HTupolev

What's wrong with the cutscenes?
The animation work was never very refined, but in the original version it can at least give off a sort of "stop motion action figures" vibe.

In the MCC version, the intermediate animation frames bring out or emphasize nuances that shouldn't be there. Everything looks obnoxiously exaggerated in weird ways, especially faces.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Also Nathan Fillion isn't anything special
He can be a damn good voice actor sometime. I haven't really seen him in anything great as an actor, though, but that's not his fault. Also: Buck is a stupid, annoying character, as is most of the ODST cast. The dialogue in that game is so bad.

AlStrong

Make it have real bobble physics when your head gets shot. That Chibi Chief is adorable, but the lack of bobble is, quite frankly, a travesty.

#SprintBobble

On a side note, the beard easter egg in Gears 3 was a riot since even Anya got it. 343i should have a skull that gives everyone sombreros and 'staches!

He can be a damn good voice actor sometime. I haven't really seen him in anything great as an actor, though, but that's not his fault. Also: Buck is a stupid, annoying character, as is most of the ODST cast. The dialogue in that game is so bad.

"Take my advice, Rookie. If you ever fall for a woman, make sure she's got balls."

darthbob

The animation work was never very refined, but in the original version it can at least give off a sort of "stop motion action figures" vibe.

In the MCC version, the intermediate animation frames bring out or emphasize nuances that shouldn't be there. Everything looks obnoxiously exaggerated in weird ways, especially faces.

According to the ODST Developer Commentary all the cutscene animations were keyframed by a single person.

It definitely shows, like you said, but I think that that person did a damn fine job.

Leyasu

Banned
Man that Relic remake is really bad. A awful long loading time and framerate is all over the place.

The framerate is abysmal.

Side note, I think that they have done it now so when the host quits, you don't get a black screen, it just lags all over the place for a few seconds.

Anyone else had that??

HTupolev

According to the ODST Developer Commentary all the cutscene animations were keyframed by a single person.

It definitely shows, like you said, but I think that that person did a damn fine job.
It's not the original work I have a problem with. It's how it looks interpolated in MCC.

Though, I've played a bit more now, and it's not really problematic in places without much closeup facial animation. First cutscene just left me with a really bad first impression; probably didn't help that the brightness curves were wrecking the framing as well (and even turning the bloom into a nasty smear when Buck and Dare are chatting).

Madness

Why is the framerate so poor for Stonetown, Bloodline and Remnant? H2A isn't even that technically beautiful. Halo 5 beta had a solid frame rate, but we never played more than 4v4, is the Xbox One that underpowered where it'll be tough for BTB in Halo 5 as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom