• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you talk about the pistol so much as if that is Halo's main problem? There are plenty of other things you could talk about that needs to be changed before worrying about the pistol.

Caayn

I think the more interesting question is if the attack on the Colony planet is canon and what timeline it takes place.
Based on what Frankie just gave away, that it at least one of the inner-colonies and not Earth. I think it is the planet Sigma Octanus IV during the attack on Côte d'Azur. That planet/attack fits what we know so far right?
The interrogator could be someone above ONI based on what he knows and perhaps conspiring to replace the chief. I still have suspicion he's augmented somehow, idk.
I'm guessing a failed Spartan 2 who is now part of the UEG.

BigShow36

Why do you talk about the pistol so much as if that is Halo's main problem? There are plenty of other things you could talk about that needs to be changed before worrying about the pistol.

It's simply what the pistol represents; a faster, more skill-based game. That's what Halo is missing and "the Pistol" epitomizes that.

Just dumping the CE pistol into one of the current Halo sandboxes would be an atrocity because of how sluggish the base gameplay is.

It's simply what the pistol represents; a faster, more skill-based game. That's what Halo is missing and "the Pistol" epitomizes that.

Just dumping the CE pistol into one of the current Halo sandboxes would be an atrocity because of how sluggish the base gameplay is.

image.php

Based on what Frankie just gave away, that it at least one of the inner-colonies and not Earth. I think it is the planet Sigma Octanus IV during the attack on Côte d'Azur. That planet/attack fits what we know so far right?

Wasn't Côte d'Azur the one where the Spartans evacuated those Marines that survived that huge attack by the Covenant on their camp and then the Spartans snuck into the city via the sewers?

I suppose the one portrayed in the cutscene could be that. I just assumed the Spartans would be extremely dirty as a result from the sewers but an oversight like that is to be expected and I can't blame them.

The Halsey interrogation could also be Mal or Vaz interrogating her after Osman and BB told them everything related to the Spartans. But I'm not sure I like thay idea.

Also, I read that Nylund short story on Admiral Cole again the other day. I completely forgot he survived that. Or "probably" survived, according to the author of the report. How badass would it be to have Cole show up in Halo 5 to save the day?

A guy can dream, right?

Wasn't Côte d'Azur the one where the Spartans evacuated those Marines that survived that huge attack by the Covenant on their camp and then the Spartans snuck into the city via the sewers?

I suppose the one portrayed in the cutscene could be that. I just assumed the Spartans would be extremely dirty as a result from the sewers but an oversight like that is to be expected and I can't blame them.

The Halsey interrogation could also be Mal or Vaz interrogating her after Osman and BB told them everything related to the Spartans. But I'm not sure I like thay idea.

Also, I read that Nylund short story on Admiral Cole again the other day. I completely forgot he survived that. Or "probably" survived, according to the author of the report. How badass would it be to have Cole show up in Halo 5 to save the day?

A guy can dream, right?

"Bitch, I wrote the Cole protocol!"

*gasps*

I think it could be a spartan or someone who is connected to chief/halsey.

The question didn't feel formal enough to be just an ONI guy or something.

Can we please get the other Spartan 2s in the next games. Blue team reassemble and be the better noble team.
343 created the S-IVs to replace anything that bungie made, so give up on having any S-IIs show up in the games. hell they've moved away from S-IIs in the books as well.

Then based on that Musa 096 comes up as a choice for the interrogator than he was crippled by the augmentation so a grudge against Halsey is a given really, plus he wanted the Spartans as a separate branch in the UNSC.
Musa was created for the Initiation comic. S-096 never had a name in canon until the Palmer Comic.

What points to it being Sigma Octanus IV?
The UEG is an overarching government, ONI and the UNSC is the military force.

the Pistol is the weapon we need but not the weapon we deserve right now... or how ever the quote goes.

Vico

"Côte d'Azur"

I love that name, but I just can't get to put it in Halo's context. That's where I spend weeks chilling on the beach during summer.

Caayn

The more I think that the intro was the attack on Côte d'Azur the more it makes sense. In the intro we can see atleast 6 Spartan IIs, and in the books there were 12 Spartan IIs present. The only thing that doesn't fit the picture is the shielding and jetpack

A guy can dream, right?
I don't like the idea of the interrogator being Mal or Vaz. Didn't Mal, Vaz and Halsey kinda met each other already when she was arrested? So wouldn't a mastermind such as Halsey recognize Mal or Vaz if it was one of them?

The more I think that the intro was the attack on Côte d'Azur the more it makes sense. In the intro we can see 6 Spartan IIs, and in the books there were also 6 Spartan IIs present. The only thing that doesn't fit the picture is the shielding and jetpack

I don't like the idea of the interrogator being Mal or Vaz. Didn't Mal, Vaz and Halsey kinda met each other already when she was arrested? So wouldn't a mastermind such as Halsey recognize Mal or Vaz if it was one of them?

Ah forgot the interrogater was unknown to her as well. It's been a while.

Yeah like I said I don't really like the idea of Vaz or Mal but who knows. It could kind of make sense. Maybe there is going to be some weird power grab in ONI between Parangosky's reign and Osman's initiation. There could have been a guy in between that interrogated her. But I doubt that's the case.

That actually sounds pretty hilarious.

So what did they do for the Mexicans after that, then? Tell them to just deal with the Spain Spanish and call it a day or what?

Well the Mexican dub was too regionalized for being the standart dub for all the spanish countries in America so they pushed forward for a more neutral spanish dub for the 360 system.

It was a bummer to heard the spain dub in Halo CEA which was also used for the Halo Reach legendary easter egg phrase .

Only Cortana, Jhonson and the Arbiter voices survived to be the oficial Halo voices for Latinamerica. Emo Master chief didnt make it lol

Mistel

Banned
Musa was created for the Initiation comic. S-096 never had a name in canon until the Palmer Comic

the Pistol is the weapon we need but not the weapon we deserve right now... or how ever the quote goes.

I didn't know about Musa being created for initiation so there goes that idea but i recognize the voice actor from somewhere and i cant tell where though.

1. It's a weapon that directly taps into nostalgia, something that Halo needs right now.
  2. So many people love it and it's clearly not forgotten because it frequently appears on those lists of favorite weapons over the years.
  3. It. Can. Be. Further. Balanced. (faster movement, more responsive strafe, a sandbox that isn't watered down/inconsistent, possible default Thrusters, etc.)
  4. 8 shot clip is a crime, make it 12 shots again. And don't dare remove the scope.
  5. One of the most skill-demanding, yet FUN weapons in any Halo game. Fans showing love for it over a decade after its release is proof of that.
  6. It's the perfect spawn weapon we've been wanting, granted the weapons on the map are worth picking up (like a BR with a Red Reticle Range (RRR) of a 3x weapon, but with a 2x zoom (ie: Light Rifle)).
  7. Doesn't take up a big portion of the screen (personal "complaint" about rifles).

I know many people don't respond to these posts, and I think it's because how several people said they don't have the time spent with CE, but I hope that I'm at least making sense here to those who haven't.

The pistol has long been mistreated as a sandbox component (everything has) upsizing the number of round to about 10 to 12 would be nice, along with the inclusion of a 2X scope it would make it a perfect ranged spawn weapon as long as the mid ranged rifles have their place and aren't out performed by it.

For the targeting reticle with the battle rifle landing shots on someone far out of the red range is not too hard as long as center of mass is aimed for. So red reticle surpassing the 2X zoom range means that it is viable at longer ranges but not over dominating at a mid to long range. The DMR and the Light rifle are plagued with this with their over dominance in halo 4 sandbox and create boring game play.

Anniversay settings or bust really it showed that halo doesn't need to be slow to be enjoyable back it up with the right weapons sandbox and creative direction it can be both fun and competitive.

Any of HaloGAF play Battlefield 4? Is it really as broken as people are saying. I'm thinking about picking up a Xbox One soon and I want to play BF4 on consoles with 64 players but I don't like what I'm hearing about the game not working.

heckfu

Banned
Any of HaloGAF play Battlefield 4? Is it really as broken as people are saying. I'm thinking about picking up a Xbox One soon and I want to play BF4 on consoles with 64 players but I don't like what I'm hearing about the game not working.

Yeah theres a good crew from here that plays.

Recent update fixed the majority of problems with it so I'd suggest getting it!

bidguy

Banned

go ahead and buy it the problems are mostly gone

Mistel

Banned
pretty sure my xbox one is dead ;_;

hoping it's just the power brick, but it won't turn on at all ;_;
250px-Memorial_atten_d.PNG

Take it back with proof of purchase to the original source for the product an they should replace/ repair it. Hopefully you get your console fixed soon especially as its under warranty good luck.

I've found more comic art yeah you should finish coloring before printing...
Wargames.png

Its good thing a staff change occurred the guy in green (recon?) armor has no visor, plus everyone looks weird in terrible halo 4 armor. Someone should write i'm blind where the green guy's visor should be.

Caayn

250px-Memorial_atten_d.PNG

Take it back with proof of purchase to the original source for the product an they should replace/ repair it. Hopefully you get your console fixed soon especially as its under warranty good luck.

I've found more comic art yeah...
Wargames.png

Its good thing a staff change occurred the guy in green (recon?) armor has no visor, plus everyone looks weird in terrible halo 4 armor
What... that picture looks terrible. The mention of "invasion" could that be a tease towards invasion returning in future installments? Or am I really grasping with this one?

Edit:
The green spartan in the back isn't only missing his/her visor (s)he also missing most of his/her left arm. And the blue spartan has no fingers on his/her right hand. The lists goes on, there's so many things wrong there.

Mistel

Banned
What... that picture looks terrible. The mention of "invasion" could that be a tease towards invasion returning in future installments? Or am I really grasping with this one?

Edit:
The green spartan in the back isn't only missing his/her visor (s)he also missing most of his/her left arm. And the blue spartan has no fingers on his/her right hand. The lists goes on, there's so many things wrong there.

Lol dat helmet of the brownish spartan.

Looks like one of wahrer's quick doodles

I never noticed that the green one is missing their arm or the missing fingers on the blue one. Palmer's waist and hips look slanted and the brown his or her hand on the right looks like a mitten.

If it where a Wahrer doodle wouldn't there be a giant write up for it at least he or she gives hands to their drawings and has basic anatomy down.

the next fire team jackknife drawing gives everyone hands
640px-Jackknife.png

The recon spartan made their own helmet out of a bucket and the legs on the blue spartan make me think they are female, no idea about that helmet though.

# Hire sub zero for doodles :p

If it where a Wahrer doodle wouldn't there be a giant write up for it at least he or she gives hands to their drawings and has basic anatomy down.

the next fire team jackknife drawing gives everyone hands
640px-Jackknife.png

The recon spartan made their own helmet out of a bucket and the legs on the blue spartan make me think they are female, no idea about that helmet though.

# Hire sub zero for doodles :p

I'm a dude but you just scored major brownie points with kittens.

I think those are unisex legs, my (male) Spartan uses them in 4 iirc.

Is it just me or did the blue and green spartans switch helmets between panels?

just because youre flattered someone drew you doesnt mean they have talent at it.

i'm gonna draw slash of you and biggy porkin' and it'll be your avatar for the rest of your life

Did anyone else notice the Railgun is using a lens flare? Like, a default Photoshop lens flare blended in to the electricity? :lol

Mistel

Banned
just because youre flattered someone drew you doesnt mean they have talent at it.

Looks like we found out who works at quality control for dark horse.

I think those are unisex legs, my (male) Spartan uses them in 4 iirc.

Is it just me or did the blue and green spartans switch helmets between panels?

They are the same helmets as in the first one I think the blue one looks like they have a metal gear ray head. As for the legs the female player model has really thin legs in halo 4 are male Spartans the same as well?

Their necks.. bordering on call back to the stretch bug.

The brown and blue is the most comical one of the bunch they look really confused.

Since when does a Railgun shoot lightning o_O
Are they even the same spartans

Yep they are the same I checked a couple of sources for the second image to be sure before I posted it.

Someone should tell them you can do more with Photoshop than add random glow to shit. Morons.

I mean simply from an art standpoint. I draw as a hobby and I am fairly confident that if I did comic book art as a job I would be able to put out consistently better art than that.

Like, I don't want to shit on the artist's livelihood, because obviously he's skilled to the point of being a professional, but the art that's been posted here has been abysmal. One can go stylistically simple if that's what they want to do as a design decision, but they are obviously trying to show detail with what they do but are utterly failing.

There was a job posting on the microsoft website the other day about a Halo story supervisor who would be in charge of keeping up with the books and comics and presumably the tv show and provide input to make it as canonically pleasing as possible. I have to wonder if they just realized they need someone in that position and have been trying to get by without one(evidently not because look at that Railgun lightning stuff above) or if they already have someone who has not been able to do their job well.

I'm not one to tell others how to do their jobs but at some point I have to wonder.

EDIT:

Somehow missed this. Holy shit I laughed hard.

nillapuddin

I understand that comic book style doesnt lend itself to having pixel perfect details in the background of each panel

But after looking around at other comics on Dark Horse's website, and even comparing to Initiation, I am just baffled on how they can ship it like this

I understand there are deadlines, and money to be made, but did they start sketching and coloring the night of final production?

Its almost like it is intentionally bad

I've found more comic art yeah you should finish coloring before printing...
Wargames.png

Its good thing a staff change occurred the guy in green (recon?) armor has no visor, plus everyone looks weird in terrible halo 4 armor. Someone should write i'm blind where the green guy's visor should be.

Ok, wow. This panel looks really bad. Some have looked fine, but ouch. And seriously, where is his visor and arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom