• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotos

P3O6Vbtl.jpg

These just keep getting better and better.

First time I watched The Duel I was thrown off by it too. After watching it several times now it's my favorite story, along with The Babysitter. The Arbiter and dynamics between ODST's/Spartans are awesome.

The worst has to be Homecoming though. That art style was like these pics, but in an animated film lol:

Overall, I really liked all of Halo Legends and I'm surprised we haven't seen anything else like it ;\

Babysitter's good. It was initially my favorite but I just love going back and watching all the badass badassery that John/Kelly/Fred wield when rescuing Halsey.

And Prototype was like all of my Gundam fantasies put into the Halo universe.

Homecoming was indeed bad. I liked seeing the stuff about the Spartans as kids but was otherwise extremely bored by it. Especially because all of the flash clones of the kids were supposed to die within a few months of their seizing, yet this one lasted several years? Come on.

The Halo universe is so large and diverse that it lends itself well to short story collections like Legends and Evolutions(the book). I hope we see sequels to them at some point.

Seeing Legends 2 with the studios behind Legend of Korra and Attack on Titan would be cool. And I'd love to see the Toriyama team work on another one that is a bit more serious.

nillapuddin

I really dislike being critical when we actually do get content (regardless the platform) because gaming is my hobby, and Id prefer for it to be positive and carefree experience, but it should be said this comic is definitively poorest quality product in the 343 era, and they should feel bad about it.

Dark Horse/343, tighten your shit up for the next issue.

Babysitter's good. It was initially my favorite but I just love going back and watching all the badass badassery that John/Kelly/Fred wield when rescuing Halsey.

That might be one of my least favorite (not by much since I generally liked all the stories) because of how they killed off 2 Spartan-II's in the blink of an eye. Halsey looked like a little girl too, couldn't look past that.

That being said, the action and animation is something I hope to see again.

And Prototype was like all of my Gundam fantasies put into the Halo universe.

Man.. I can't tell you how much I wanted the Mantis to function like the suit in Prototype. What a shame. I loved how they referenced the Midlothian at the end, from Halo Evolutions.

Origins did a great job depicting the events too.

Seeing Legends 2 with the studios behind Legend of Korra and Attack on Titan would be cool. And I'd love to see the Toriyama team work on another one that is a bit more serious.

Still haven't watched season 2 of The Legend of Korra and I'm waiting on the dub for Attack on Titan. B]

EPIC_BROFIST_by_Stack23.gif

Obligatory RIP CE post. Our numbers may be small, but there are still several of us out there.

Like I implied: it's a catch-22. I think part of the reason people can't get friends together as easily as before is because online has made playing MP much more easier, comparatively. It's devalued on-the-couch MP as a whole and isn't worth the effort.

I remember the day XBL launched was the day my weekly Halo CE gatherings met their maker. Everyone would rather play a game they admitted was inferior, or even awful, just because it was online. It was heartbreaking.

From the RIP OG Xbox thread.

Ataxia

didnt even depict the ugly ass Hazop correctly
ArA2onE.png

Its bad enough that Sad Spartan is center frame, and then the mess up his head anyways

tl;dr
the colorist mixed up which color went where
I like to think that the armour in Halo 4 expresses how the artist was feeling on the day. I can only assume that their dog died the day that they designed this one. Diagnosed with dementia when designing Commando.

I like to think that the armour in Halo 4 expresses how the artist was feeling on the day. I can only assume that their dog died the day that they designed this one. Diagnosed with dementia when designing Commando.

And we're back to woodchipper status. GAF. Full circle. Halo.

Caayn

Why does he talk like Yoda? It's most likely something small and uninteresting why else would you announce it the same day if you're going to announce it at all.

Mabef

Banned
Why does he talk like Yoda?
Something this way comes was part of a song from the Goblet of Fire, I think. Halo / Harry Potter mashup confirmed. Master Chief goes to wizarding school, befriends smart girl and wisecracking boy. Arch nemesis teacher turns out to be a good guy all along, play as teacher in second game.

Edit: Turns out it's from Macbeth. Color me red. So forget what I said; you actually play as Brutus the second game.

u4iX

P3O6Vbtl.jpg

More great art. Such Spartan, many grunt, wow.

Looks like we've got some friendly fire going on, too.

This doesn't even look like a battle scene.

This looks like the Spartan's are performing a dance number at a talent show for an audience of grunts.

m23

A warthog reveal from Halo 5 in Forza 5 would be cool. Similar to what they did with Halo 4 and Forza 4. Although I think it still wouldn't be drivable.

Fuchsdh

"We gave this spartan no visor or face to it"
"wtf why"
"bcuz it has built-in wall hacking armor technology"

You do realize Bungie created the butt-ugly GUNGNIR armor in the first place, right? 343 actually made it look less horrible.

GUNGNIR_helmet.jpg

Why does he talk like Yoda? It's most likely something small and uninteresting why else would you announce it the same day if you're going to announce it at all.

Something this way comes was part of a song from the Goblet of Fire, I think. Halo / Harry Potter mashup confirmed. Master Chief goes to wizarding school, befriends smart girl and wisecracking boy. Arch nemesis teacher turns out to be a good guy all along, play as teacher in second game.

Edit: Turns out it's from Macbeth. Color me red. So forget what I said; you actually play as Brutus the second game.

FFS guys. You could have at least gotten half points if you'd named the Bradbury novella. Do they not teach Macbeth anymore? Basic cultural literacy...

Vico

A warthog reveal from Halo 5 in Forza 5 would be cool. Similar to what they did with Halo 4 and Forza 4. Although I think it still wouldn't be drivable.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought that it would probably be the new model.
Then it actually gets interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom