• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

• Scattershot changed to function like Unreal's Flak Cannon.
  • Reach Beta Plasma Launcher for anti vehicle.
  • Missile Pod that has 3 shots and you can manually control each shot like Unreal's Redeemer/Strangelove.
  • Grenade Launcher returns, also replacing the Sticky Detonator (Hold RT for Grenade Launcher traits, Press RT for remote activation like Sticky Detonator (press again to detonate))

THIS THIS!

Other stuff is good too.

Awful questions, awful bulletin.

Oh yeah I totaly care which car the masterchief would drive.

Slow news months( for the next 4 months

Wasn't a bulletin.

I barely remember what happened in Thursday War. Fire up another Greg Bear trilogy.

I barely remember what happened in the Greg Bear trilogy.

That entire second book was such a mess. Nothing happened for about 90% of it (Except for "OMG The master Builder is working with Mr. Krabbs!" or something) and then all of a sudden everything happens, 343 Guilty Spark lives, and then game over. Ugh.

The third book was better, but not by a whole lot.

Bear writes well, and he can go on for pages describing the most minute details in the background, but overall the entire trilogy was such a bore to go through.

Trey

I barely remember what happened in the Greg Bear trilogy.

That entire second book was such a mess. Nothing happened for about 90% of it (Except for "OMG The master Builder is working with Mr. Krabbs!" or something) and then all of a sudden everything happens, 343 Guilty Spark lives, and then game over. Ugh.

The third book was better, but not by a whole lot.

Bear writes well, and he can go on for pages describing the most minute details in the background, but overall the entire trilogy was such a bore to go through.

I will agree with you about Primordium. It's a tedious read, but that ending was dope.

Said this in the wishlist thread, but I think Frankie wants to go on a date with me.

http://cullandpistol.com/ - Any time man, I'm in NY and can easily get to any place you will be buddio. Tashi can be our driver as we sip on fine wine and discuss Combat Evolved 2.

Dr. Halsey now has a CE pistol for an arm

And will now be a character in Halo Wars 2. Her special power will be 3-shotting everything on the screen.

Ship it.

Sai-kun

Banned
Human weapons play dubstep when fired, covenant weapons play deep house, and forerunner weapons drop a sick trap beat.

Brb preordering

Dubstep gun in Halo 5? I'll take 10 copies!

image.php

TheOddOne

Flower and Halo 2600 enter Smithsonian
'The Art of Games' exhibition adds two new titles to collection

The Smithsonian has added two new games to its “The Art of Video Games” exhibition: Flower by thatgamecompany and Ed Fries's Halo 2600.

The exhibition opened in 2011 to massive fanfare from the game industry and fans alike, but there are a few questions about how exactly the Smithsonian plans to preserve digital games like Flower to be played in its original form by future generations.

Gamasutra spoke with the Smithsonian's curator of film and media art Michael Mansfield, who explained how the institution plans to rise to the challenge.

"The Smithsonian American Art Museum worked directly with Jenova and Kellee to receive and acquire Flower on a Blu-ray disc. In terms of preservation, the disc provides a physical and verifiable data set which will act as a preservation format," said Mansfield.

The museum also picked up a few PS3s to be used only for playing Flower, which will become exhibit pieces “along with the museum's other electronic artworks.”

Even former Microsoft game publishing vice president Ed Fries's rather unique Halo 2600 – a version of Halo for the Atari 2600 – will get the same treatment.

"Halo 2600 stakes out some very interesting ground identifying the video game as a democratic mode of expression," said Mansfield.

"As a home-brew game – albeit by a recognized brewmaster – authored in the margins, Halo 2600 offers a kind of haiku-like virtual essay on the reach and potential of video game culture, and on the character of human imagination with technology."

The exhibition has been touring for over a year now, and will still be roaming cross-country into 2016.

Caayn

"I bought 10 copies of Halo 5 because I didn't want to keep taking the disc in and out of every system so its on all of them now!"

This is actually believable Speedy logic
Lol that could also just be my kind of logic except I collect them. So for me it depends on the number of editions the next Halo will arrive in :p

If we went to an action based (or "Sonar" based) tracker system

I feel like we would also need "Spotting"

We wouldn't "need" it, but it could definitely help. Basic awareness quickly comes when you play several games without motion tracker. It really doesn't take an extensive amount of skills to be conscious of your surroundings and making informed decisions regarding movement.

It's just that people are so dependent on looking at those red dots instead of focusing on the action around them. Motion tracker is a crutch that hurts all players and the quality of matches, especially when coupled with other issues like easily sprinting away from fights, AA's, etc.

Halo Hoarders.

Basic premise is we find young people who can't fucking control themselves and buy up every needless/pointless money-grabbing device with Halo slapped on it, then repeatedly slap the shit out of their parents for being witless assholes who couldn't teach a rock how to be still.

nillapuddin

We wouldn't "need" it, but it could definitely help. Basic awareness quickly comes when you play several games without motion tracker. It really doesn't take an extensive amount of skills to be conscious of your surroundings and making informed decisions regarding movement.

It's just that people are so dependent on looking at those red dots instead of focusing on the action around them. Motion tracker is a crutch that hurts all players and the quality of matches, especially when coupled with other issues like easily sprinting away from fights, AA's, etc.

I wont say that it in a blanket sense its a crutch, most casual players dont use the tracker appropriately and are killed OFTEN due to incompetence*

and poor word choice, I dont mean "needdddddddd" but I would like it
In BF I feel like spotting promotes teamwork and strategic awareness unlike any other team based action

For me thats just it, I just want the game to naturally adhere to my desire to be a team player, I know alot of ppl like Lone Wolf-ing it', but I do not whatsoever, I want to contribute to the team and when Halo is played right, with my full team capping a flag it feels great**

* observations locally and online of "newbs"
** inb4 1v1mebro, or 4v4 BR Slayer no radar or bust

Caayn

Halo Hoarders.

Basic premise is we find young people who can't fucking control themselves and buy up every needless/pointless money-grabbing device with Halo slapped on it, then repeatedly slap the shit out of their parents for being witless assholes who couldn't teach a rock how to be still.
Such bitterness. So it's wrong for me to spend my money on something that I actually like instead of spending it in on something that the mainstream approves of?

Tawpgun

Such bitterness. So it's wrong for me to spend my money on something that I actually like instead of spending it in on something that the mainstream approves of?

It's more about spending money on something actually practical and useful.

But I guess if you have that much money to kill then whatever
fightmoney.png

nillapuddin

We've been here before, lets not go back

If they get enjoyment/happiness out of having Halo merchandise then good for them, its fun to get engaged in your hobby. Nobody in the MLB thread would be calling me out for getting a Reds themed bobblehead.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Why is it in this Halo 4 live action scene they used the old Mk VI from Halo 2 based on the gauntlets of Chief's armor? Probably not important. Just a bit interesting.

Fuchsdh

ku-xlarge.jpg

Why is it in this Halo 4 live action scene they used the old Mk VI from Halo 2 based on the gauntlets of Chief's armor? Probably not important. Just a bit interesting.
I assume they used the same costume built for FUD, which is the Mark IV that looks like the mark VI from The Package.

Mistel

Banned
ku-xlarge.jpg

That is interesting did mark VI change between 2 and 3? It's probably all they had to use like in forward unto dawn, deliver hope armor recycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom