• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

FyreWulff

Glorious day.

I had to play on SD last month on Battle Canyon. That map is waaaay too busy on SD, I couldn't distinguish enemies from distance scenery objects. In HD you can pretty much see other people before they can tell you're shooting them.

edit: I was in HD for most of Halo 3 and Reach, but I only recently in the last few months went to widescreen HD. That was another upgrade in visibility.

Also check your PMs once you're not busy with movin'

edit2: went from playing via VGA on a 20" 4:3 monitor at 1024p to 16:9 1080p LCD 23". I got like 3/4ths of my desk back.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i wonder if there is a waypoint thread linking to some of these posts and laughing

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
iV1ixOTawT9hb.gif

HNNNNG!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
top of the page for the 50ppppeasents, maybe! This is all the same shitty page for us 100ppp Masta Race
Heh, that's a bit of a relief.

I don't want to discuss this shit further in this thread. I mean, I do, but I also don't want to derail. If anyone wants to talk about it, feel free to PM me.

FyreWulff

Obligatory fuck Prisoner post.

Speaking of which, people should check out "Arrested" on my fileshare. It's a new version of Prisoner that I'm planning on submitting. It's the fixed up spawn version of Prisoner I made with a bunch of changes to make getting to the top really fast so that I could actually submit it, since it doesn't seem either Bungie nor 343 were interested in "re spawned" versions of maps alone.

If I set it up right, that version of Prisoner will try to spawn you on the second floor of the map and should only spawn you on the bottom if it really needs to.

Also because nobody else is going to take a whack at Prisoner

Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Link?

Yeah, keep in mind it's an early version in terms of the geometry I added/changed, and the weapon layout is just something I derped in.

Can't link you, no web shares yet. Just do a custom search ingame by name for my gamertag "FyreWulff" and it'll show my fileshare with the map in it.

edit: fixed like 3 times

Speaking of which, people should check out "Arrested" on my fileshare. It's a new version of Prisoner that I'm planning on submitting. It's the fixed up spawn version of Prisoner I made with a bunch of changes to make getting to the top really fast so that I could actually submit it, since it doesn't seem either Bungie nor 343 were interested in "re spawned" versions of maps alone.

If I set it up right, that version of Prisoner will try to spawn you on the second floor of the map and should only spawn you on the bottom if it really needs to.

Sure, I'll give it a shot.

Link?

edit: Ah crap, forgot that you can't access files through the web anymore. Lame.

I just don't understand the goddamn spawns on Prisoner. There's at least three tiers to that map, but it insists on putting you on the bottom CONSTANTLY. WHY!?

Homeboyd

OoooOOoh just saw this:

Freelancing
0 / 23 - 10000 cR
Earn at least 23 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

DOING THIS SHIT SONNNNNNN

Striker

Jesus christ fuck Prisoner.

Just quitting every time it gets voted in.
Now you know my feelings when I get Heavies.

But yes, Prisoner is junk. Also got Battle Canyon in Super Slayer yesterday, AR starts. All the enemies did was camp around the teleport area and have a power weapon in their hand. What a joke that is. At one point there was two Swords on the map, so add that in to Sniper, Rockets, two Shotguns, and two Grenade Launchers.

Three more ThreeA Carter pics-

rtvWM.jpg

(lights!)

scVgv.jpg

cvhQt.jpg

This now makes me happy I never got the Square Enix figures, although I really hope they aren't doing all of Noble Team and will focus on Halo 4.

Havok

Also because nobody else is going to take a whack at Prisoner
Does it behave like the current variants in that Red side spawns are dramatically favored over Blue? That's one of my biggest issues with the current variants, the entire top blue hallway is completely ignored. I have never spawned, or seen anyone spawn, in that room.

Either way, anything would be an improvement over the awful variants in matchmaking, so I hope it makes it in.

Also, god damn at the shitshow this thread turned into.

FyreWulff

Does it behave like the current variants in that Red side spawns are dramatically favored over Blue? That's one of my biggest issues with the current variants, the entire top blue hallway is completely ignored. I have never spawned, or seen anyone spawn, in that room.

Either way, anything would be an improvement over the awful variants in matchmaking, so I hope it makes it in.

Also, god damn at the shitshow this thread turned into.

I think I adjusted that around. (I believe there's a lot more spawns on Red side for Prisoner's base variant) The teams also start inside the second floor hallways of their respective sides, instead of the bottom. So at the start you can decide to immediately go up to the third tier or down to the bottom. I'm playing around with the idea of having the back ramps closed off though for the top, since I want to make hanging around the third tier corners (where the snipers usually spawn) kind of dangerous. Basically if it was a safe spot I stuck more spawns in there, then I weighted all the spawns on the second and third tiers higher than the bottom spawns, but left the bottom spawns there in case every spawn is covered on the upper floors.

Also for the final game of Doubles tonight, me and Devo just played the most stupid team on KotH Zealot. Including such smart moves as hiding around the corner from me.. while i'm standing in the hill. Just gaining time. They tried to play Slayer near the end but even got outslayed by Devo on that front.

Game Link

zlatko

Banned
Played Reach tonight with my boss from work and a few of his real life buddies. Had a fucking great time. They were all solid, everyone coordinated to call shit out, and they were makin some hilarious jokes.

Hit that 26K jackpot earlier tonight too. First jackpot I think I ever got in Reach.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

ElRenoRaven

And then add in the unannounced-but-you-know-they'll-be-on-sale Wii U stuff. Dear lord.

Meh. I'll wait for Bioshock to go on sale on Steam before I buy it. Then for me this fall it's just the WII U probably. Thinking that's going to be my next gen console of course. Well unless Nintendo really does something to screw it up.

Top Bottom