• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

ThreeA is hostng an event in Asia right now where they show their new products.
Well yeah, I saw pics from said event on their Facebook page but I didn't see those pics. I wanted to know the source of those pics, which website it was from.

Bugs me when people just post info or new pics without a source.

Mrs. Stinkles was just in Durham and was baffled to discover the phenomenon of rude, surly, unintelligible English people. It was all Mary Poppins and crumpets til Durham. No coincidence the only song about Durham is about GTFO it.

Mr Stinkles needs to bring a Halo 4 build to durham ASAP.

WJD

Mrs. Stinkles was just in Durham and was baffled to discover the phenomenon of rude, surly, unintelligible English people. It was all Mary Poppins and crumpets til Durham. No coincidence the only song about Durham is about GTFO it.

Nice Uni though.

Well yeah, I saw pics from said event on their Facebook page but I didn't see those pics. I wanted to know the source of those pics, which website it was from.

Bugs me when people just post info or new pics without a source.
I'm sorry. I tried to find them but I only found new ones:

Source.

Damn look at the Details... I can not imagine how awesome 4's Master Chief will looks like. If ThreeA is going to make him, you definitely have to stay up late to pre-order him before it is sold out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
iw9oJImvHSUbZ.gif

Is 'dee slurper' anti-hetero if the poster doing said slurping is female? Genuinely curious.

Gaf works, succeeds because polite discourse is encouraged and the reverse is discouraged. That's why this forum is a clean, well lit place for conversation and why it's so popular. When that crumbles, for whatever reason, it's a drag on that discourse.

That particular term is often used to mock people who are optimistic, polite, or enthusiastic. They are no more suckups than salty negative posters are brave freedom fighters. The fact that it can be construed as homophobic or heterophobic is beside the point - it's ad hominem, and that's not helpful to anyone.

There's a spectrum of opinion and we all do well to understand and respect that. I certainly do. Except when someone is super wrong all the time, like Cyren.

Gazzawa

lol i feel sorry for the argentinian children who have to watch that with their parents!
speaking of battle tits
Finished ME3 insanity run last night! I'm all for the "indoctrination theory" now.
Can finally get back to playing what all the madcatz are playin: GR beta and Castlevania...

If anyone needs me i'll be on the normandy

Gui_PT

I've seen one that went far further than that on the same show. I think I still have it saved somewhere. :lol

jack_nicholson_approve_gif.gif

Btw, I had to google jack nicholson nodding gif.

Do not google that if there's people around, the weirdest images show up. It's traumatizing =\

Edit:
Gazzawa, the indoctrination theory is something the desperate diehard fans thought of just so the game wouldn't suck as much.

Everything can be explained by bad writing.

Gaf works, succeeds because polite discourse is encouraged and the reverse is discouraged. That's why this forum is a clean, well lit place for conversation and why it's so popular. When that crumbles, for whatever reason, it's a drag on that discourse.

That particular term is often used to mock people who are optimistic, polite, or enthusiastic. They are no more suckups than salty negative posters are brave freedom fighters. The fact that it can be construed as homophobic or heterophobic is beside the point - it's ad hominem, and that's not helpful to anyone.

There's a spectrum of opinion and we all do well to understand and respect that. I certainly do. Except when someone is super wrong all the time, like Cyren.

You're absolutely right which is why I thought it was kind of ludicrous that some posters brought sexuality into it - dee slurping is a unisex activity that anybody can participate in. The more the merrier, some might say!

Anyway, the polite discourse is the best thing about GAF so that'll be the full stop on it for me.

Cinthia Fernandez

My.God.

IIRC this one went almost all the way, YouTube won't show the full video.

Again, NSFW. God bless Argentina.

I still have the full video. God bless. :lol
But the best parts are in that one.

Gazzawa, the indoctrination theory is something the desperate diehard fans thought of just so the game wouldn't suck as much.

Everything can be explained by bad writing.

The indoctrination theory is bullshit. If it's true, it's shitty writing, because the ending resolves nothing. If it's not true, it's shitty writing, because the ending is, well, shit.

Kuroyume

Banned
I think Letters has taken his whining to a bizarro level so I don't agree with his slurping insult in this particular instance, but I can understand when people attack others who always defend Bungie/343. There are some people on here who can't even tolerate a little criticism whether it be directed at the game or the developers. Are we a little bit nasty regarding how we go about our criticism? Sure, but that's the charming part of GAF for me. I crack up sometimes when people make sarcastic comments regarding anything to do with Halo.

http://clutch.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/clutch/2012/04/jack_nicholson_approve_gif.gif/IMG]

Btw, I had to google jack nicholson nodding gif.

Do not google that if there's people around, the weirdest images show up. It's traumatizing =\[/QUOTE]

I just did. Very 'traumatising'.

[quote="Tha Robbertster, post: 37371336"]Princess Maxima should definitively participate in this show.[/QUOTE]

Btw, my phone ran out of charge, will charge it later.

It's impossible to compare the games directly based on the data Bungie had. That chart has 5 holiday seasons in there for Halo 3 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011), versus 2 for Reach (2010, 2011).

I mean, you can look at whichever numbers to make a case:

article_preview.jpg

1.5ish years into it's run, Reach was already almost halfway to Halo 3's game count that it took 5 years to get to, with a higher per-month average of games than Halo 3.

edit: I just noticed Bungie has exactly 77 months worth of Halo 3 statistics. Heh.

The Halo 3 number is also being divided by a lot more, the last 15 or so months for Halo 3 would have brought the average down for the game considering how everyone moved to Reach. The fact that even with such a long timespan that it kept a good average is testament to the game. It will be interesting to see what the Reach number looks like in another 12 months, it would have probably hemmoraged loads.

Also cant wait for this Spartan Ops reveal, thats one good sounding mode.

kylej

Banned
Ok see we've discussed dee slurper, how about the use of "dropping the dee" and giving someone "the dee stain".

Keep in mind this is v important to me.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ok see we've discussed dee slurper, how about the use of "dropping the dee" and giving someone "the dee stain".

Keep in mind this is v important to me.

I believe those are hygiene rather than romantic issues, so they are fine.

kylej

Banned

Waped is a very sensitive issue to HaloGAF. I have received no less than 2 PMs in the past asking me to stop using that term. Seriously.

However, what about "nublet", "scrublet" (and its father tern "scrublord"), "randy", "garbage" - when used in a sentence "Wow these kids are fucking garbage" - and of course, "BK"?

I'm glad we're having these discussions, and that the vile term Dee Slurper was the one to kick it off. I both say shame on you, and thank you to HaloGAF Poster Letters.

CyReN

Waking up and realizing you are the new Tashi of Halogaf jokes is never a good feeling:(

Top Bottom