• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

That game looks like it could have been a xbox 360 launch title.
The graphics are so extremely horrific, it hurts my eyes.

Halo needs to finish what Battlefield started and stomp that franchise into the ground.

EW! Sure there is some blame to the video compression, but still.
C2PaS.png

Trailer did nothing for me, and I really enjoyed the mw2 and bo ones.

Yeah, I haven't liked the games in this series too much, but the previous trailers at least made me reconsider. This just sort of looked ok. I'd like to hear thoughts from people who actually liked the previous CoDs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hahaha, Blops 2 is totally gonna have vehicles in multiplayer.

CoD chasing that Battlefield money chasing that CoD money.

I still don't think Halo 4's going to beat it (even on 360 alone), but Halo 5 will.
Also, that trailer makes no sense. Is the narrator Reznov?

That game looks like it could have been a xbox 360 launch title.
The graphics are so extremely horrific, it hurts my eyes.

Halo needs to finish what Battlefield started and stomp that franchise into the ground.

To be fair, the game is still like 6 months away. That said, I've always preferred Halo's beautiful, flashy, colourful visuals to the looks of other FPS games, but that's because I'm a sci-fi fanboy.

My only question is how will the masses react to CoD: Future Warfare... I wonder if people will just look at the game and say... "hmm, Halo 4 is louder, prettier, and Chiefier... time to hop back on that train".

Probably won't happen, but now we kind of have two in the ring, and Halo does future quite well. Halo releasing a week earlier might make for some interesting comparisons, and decisions amongst the crowd, too. I guess we'll see come November. All I know is that I'll be playing Halo 4 for sure, after seeing that trailer... (not that I was really considering CoD, but it had my interest piqued last night)

Hahaha, Blops 2 is totally gonna have vehicles in multiplayer.

CoD chasing that Battlefield money chasing that CoD money.

I still don't think Halo 4's going to beat it (even on 360 alone), but Halo 5 will.
Also, that trailer makes no sense. Is the narrator Reznov?

Wouldn't be surprised if Halo 4 outsells it on the 360 tbh. MW3's sales aren't doing as well as projected, and with H4 appealing to a wider audience...the stars could align.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't think that trailer is very good at all. Too much fluff with that old man. I like the setting though, reminds me of MGS4. Looking forward to seeing what gameplay changes and shit were made.

Watching a gameplay demo of Halo 4 right after BLOPS 2 at E3 is going to be fucking hilarious. It might even be funnier the other way around, game looks terrible graphically.

feel

Did not find the trailer that bad. Those games look cool when you're actually playing and not analyzing the visuals, specially at 60fps. I dig the near future setting, most interested I've been in a COD since MW1.

Is 343i planning to release some proper footage before e3 where everyone is too overwhelmed by videos of a million other games to care??

Was going to hop on here to "share some impressions" of Super Slayer and to ask if the Halo 4 release could be nudged up a bit, if only for GAFGold members, but you beat me to it.

I have not been enjoying my time with Reach for the last several days. If Squad Slayer still existed I would be able to bounce between Anniversary and that to get my fix, but I'm getting very burned out on Anniversary and Super Slayer is too Armor Locky and Gray. Normally I'd chalk it up to being burnt out on the game, but even now I feel like playing some Halo...I just feel like I don't have a Halo to play.

This post articulates how I've felt about Reach recently. The golden age of Reach, I feel, was having Squad Slayer at 85% bloom to enjoy the stock maps and Anniversary Squad for good 4v4 dmr matches on great Anni maps. Both playlists were retired in the same mm update. In return we received Super Slayer, which I don't enjoy, much like I never enjoyed the Team Slayer playlist in Reach. Anni maps I now have to play the inferior original versions with the wildly inconsistent 3sk magnum.

I have 'discovered' Headlong though. I didn't play it much in Halo 2 and I consider BTB in Reach to be ghastly but this map is amazing. Great encounter spaces and flow, I love it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Is 343i planning to release some proper footage before e3 where everyone is too overwhelmed by videos of a million other games to care??

thought a week or two ago frinkles confirmed we'd see more before e3. could be wrong though. anyone keep track of info from posts?

Overdoziz

Banned
I just want it locked.
I'm not just talking personally, but I always see CoD fans complaining about 30fps games feeling slow, and that's not just because of the slower paced gameplay. CoD just feels so much smoother compared to 30fps games, the difference is pretty jarring.

Thanks for sharing that video, Ram. You should be proud of yourself for wanting to get the word out about this horrible disease. Best wishes to you and your family. :)

Now, I have a request for the folks at 343:

Please make the new gametype that your pimping for The Blessed Changes to Firefight the first option in Doubles. I'm actually kInd of annoyed that I have to even ask that if you, because it should be a no-brainier. However, I will forgo my normal snarky comments for a serious critique for a change.

That said, when I finally got to play the new gametype, I liked it A LOT.

Tashi

I'm not just talking personally, but I always see CoD fans complaining about 30fps games feeling slow, and that's not just because of the slower paced gameplay. CoD just feels so much smoother compared to 30fps games, the difference is pretty jarring.

That may be but I still think 30 fps games are valid and in fact totally fine.

From the trailer thread:
itUIOcaImPoMF.gif

What is this, Cowboys and Aliens?

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Tell that to RAGE.

RAGE took like 6 years to develop and the genius of Carmack. It also wasn't perfect, the resolution dropped to lower than COD at times to keep the framerate at 60fps and suffered some texture pop-ins, all important aspects of graphics.

But RAGE is definitely an amazing looking game regardless of framerate.

Yeah I remember the BC2 Beta, a lot of them were saying that, a lot of COD players are casuals and don't understand that what they probably were talking about is the framerate. When you play something that is 60fps for so long, going to a 30fps game feels weird and takes some getting used to, especially if it's a competitive game and not single player. Also vice versa when you play so many 30fps games playing a 60fps has this weird feeling.

I am a PC gamer mostly so I get all types of fucking framerates, 30, 40, 50, 60, don't give a shit.

I don't think most people even know what 60fps even is. They just play the game their friends play.

Ughh I hate this argument. You can still appreciate the greatness of 60fps by just PLAYING. Just because you or someone can't name the feature doesn't discount it's greatness.

Think of it like in the opposite direction. If the game ran at 5fps. Sure as FUCK they will be wondering whats wrong with the game and go looking it up.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Ughh I hate this argument. You can still appreciate the greatness of 60fps by just PLAYING. Just because you or someone can't name the feature doesn't discount it's greatness.

Think of it like in the opposite direction. If the game ran at 5fps. Sure as FUCK they will be wondering whats wrong with the game and go looking it up.

Back in the day on my old PC I used to play Rise of Nations and it got to 5fps at times... surprising how I didn't give a shit in the heat of the moment.

Tashi

60fps isn't as amazing as 5fps is fucking unplayable. I see what you're trying to say though.

kylej

Banned
Reposting from another thread,

Hey guys, May is Cystic Fibrosis awareness month, so if you could maybe take 3 minutes out of your day to watch this video, and see what my kid and many others go through every day it would mean a lot to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHHOJJYA0U

CF is a terrible illness. I'm always amazed by the stoicism people with physical conditions show. The will to live is never seen nor appreciated more than by those who understand the fragility of life.

Top Bottom