• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Computron

Jackson's reasoning is sound, but so is the opposition's. Same case with Halo. I myself prefer every other aspect of a game at the expense of fps (as long as it doesn't dip below 30), while others disagree. Take a look at the first Crysis. That game felt smooth as hell even below 30fps because of certain techniques they were using.

Exactly, Halo feels smoother than other 30 fps games for a number of reasons. Especially their attention to input lag.

Ramirez

Really appreciate you sharing, man.

NP, thanks for taking the time to watch it.

CF is a terrible illness. I'm always amazed by the stoicism people with physical conditions show. The will to live is never seen nor appreciated more than by those who understand the fragility of life.

Yup.

I had to blink a lot in that video.

Those kids are pretty inspirational.

Yea, I'm not one to cry a lot, the video got me, and reading replies made me think about it again, which in turn got me again, lol.

Big E33

Neo Member
No, delete Matchmaking instead.

nW7l.png

This makes me haz sad :(

all the games ahead of reach are newer

Im surprised reach is even where it is, I really feel for the Gears of Wars fans, hasnt been out 9 months and is that far back?

H4 to finally break CoD down, even if I dont like how h4 turns out

Beli343

Did you even FUCKIN READ YOUR OWN GODDAMN ARTICLE?

Jackson is saying the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Holy Shit, IDK where to start.
Did you READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE? Look between the lines.
"The key thing to understand is that this process requires both shooting and projecting at 48 fps, rather than the usual 24 fps (films have been shot at 24 frames per second since the late 1920's)," Jackson wrote. "So the result looks like normal speed, but the image has hugely enhanced clarity and smoothness. Looking at 24 frames every second may seem ok - and we've all seen thousands of films like this over the last 90 years - but there is often quite a lot of blur in each frame, during fast movements, and if the camera is moving around quickly, the image can judder or 'strobe.'"
The key thing at 48 fps is often quite a lot of blur and judder.

Computron

Did you READ THE FUCKING ARTICLE? Look between the lines.
The key thing at 48 fps is often quite a lot of blur and judder.

Read that sentence again, he is clearly talking about 24 fps video in the last line.

Looking at 24 frames every second may seem ok [. . .] but there is often quite a lot of blur in each frame, during fast movements, and if the camera is moving around quickly, the image can judder or 'strobe.'"

I.E. 24 fps is the stuttering one.

senador

Banned
I don't care how good a map editor is or could be, I don't want to play on maps created not the game developers. Just not something I want regardless of how good it could be.

Karl2177

*vomits*

Well, that could have been worse. Maybe for a freaking comp sci final we could have used... Computers. That would have been nice to not take a few minutes erasing my entire code because I read it as an interface and not an abstract.

Overdoziz

Banned
Anyway, here's an idea:

Delete Forge: spend the effort on making more high-quality maps, more often. I'm talking 5 map mappacks for 800 Allards, released once every 2 months. Certain Affinity and 343i can work on them every other release.

edit: By delete Forge I mean no Forge World type stuff. Editing weapon placement, etc, is still fine. All Forge maps suck, there: I said it.
What does Forge have to do with mappacks?

senador

Banned
*vomits*

Well, that could have been worse. Maybe for a freaking comp sci final we could have used... Computers. That would have been nice to not take a few minutes erasing my entire code because I read it as an interface and not an abstract.

Nice dude. You going into programming?

*vomits*

That's the spirit!

While you were gone Frankie agreed to come of the bench for the bulletin this week.

What does Forge have to do with mappacks?

I suppose not a whole lot. Forge is awesome, it just sucks. Having it the way it has been in Halo 3 and Reach (despite the improvements) just won't cut it a third time around. Either revolutionize it, or spend the effort on something else.

Aggrotek

I suppose not a whole lot. Forge is awesome, it just sucks. Having it the way it has been in Halo 3 and Reach (despite the improvements) just won't cut it a third time around. Either revolutionize it, or spend the effort on something else.

I really wouldn't mind something like what Timesplitters had... It was so simple but it worked so well.

*vomits*

Programming on paper isn't much fun. From my experience of interfaces, there is usually some abstract functions in them. How'd it go other thaan that?

Karl2177

Programming on paper isn't much fun. From my experience of interfaces, there is usually some abstract functions in them. How'd it go other thaan that?
Pretty well, and the physics test was largely a breeze as well. Tomorrow I have calc 2 and I'm the top of my recitation group for that(which has the second highest mean score of all recitation sections) so I'm not too worried about that. Might kick back with some Halo tonight, Internet stability provided.

kylej

Banned
Watching Snipedown wield a wig stick is still a thing of beauty. Reach kids like Ninja and Formal may be flashy with the auto aim, by Snipedown wapes kids the way a surgeon uses a scalpel. So calm, so confident, such clean blains. You are witnessing elegance.

Snipedown, sign my blu-ray copy of Snipedown: The Movie if you're reading this.

senador

Banned
Declared Software Engineer, possible change to Computer Engineering next year.

Coding on paper is stupid, and so not real world, but I understand why they do it. Many places make you do it when you interview too, bleh. Luckily my current job I started recently didn't make me do that and put me on a 3-month contract that rolls to full time instead (everyone has gotten hired after). I started CS a few years back but quit because I wasn't learning what I wanted and needed to be at the time. I do python/django with some php as well as front end web development now for an ad/branding firm. What kinda work/coding do you guys do or plan to get into?

Top Bottom