• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

heckfu

Banned
maybe
tumblr_m39zf1KJ5G1qg8thq.gif

Not really. I was just trying to cover up my awareness fail :)
I like your avatars too, baby. No need to get sad.

FyreWulff

I've informed 343 via the CC process, but I've seen reports that Spartan Skirmish now goes in reverse for tier unlocks - it gives you the DMR loadouts in the first phase, and then AR/mag in the second. If anyone plays Spartan Skirmish and sees this happen, save the film and upload and holler at me to include it as evidence that something has gone wrong.

I've also seen it reported on Waypoint, so it's not just one community that saw it happen.

GhaleonEB

On that note, you may encounter some rather brutal squads in the current Limited iteration (the NEP game types); that was not by design. I have likewise communicated some recommended fixes to the Cartographers.

FyreWulff

What is a SPartan Skirmish?

Also, did you ever check you pm?

Yes, I checked it. Thanks for the code, but Legacy sticks weren't in the game, so Letters ended up with my code.

Spartan Skirmish is Invasion Slayer but both teams are Spartans, and the game notifies you of what it's about to drop on the bottom center of the screen. Only weapons are dropped, no vehicles, so it shows up on smaller maps. Example youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ufdIg5lQk

There's also Elite Skirmish (both sides are Elites) and Invasion Skirmish (Spartans vs Elites)

edit: video with better resolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIOiqcKTp0

.. does every video of this gametype have commentary?

Karl2177

Goddamn. I really can't catch a break today, can I? Tornado fucking sirens going off, and I could use some sleep. Hopefully there's not severe weather, but as of now I'm too tired to even check.

Dark Knight Rises trailer, crazy fucking BLOPS 2 news, and Avengers at midnight this Thursday. The Frank laying the smacketh down in a Bulletin would make this the best weekend ever.

Guys, I really liked what I saw of Black Ops 2. It really is the end of days.
I like the premise, but I'm reminded this is Treyarch and that gives me pause.

I'm one of those weirdo shooter lovers though, who can appreciate each game for its subtle differences. SO I've got plenty of room for more provided they're got some quality to their craftsmanship.

And then I re-remember this is Treyarch we're talking about. Good with bots, bad with campaigns.

Oh yeah, Halo. Any impressions of the firefight changes? Spent all of my free time putting together a cat tree of all things. She's loving it though, so there's that.

I like the premise, but I'm reminded this is Treyarch and that gives me pause.

I'm one of those weirdo shooter lovers though, who can appreciate each game for its subtle differences. SO I've got plenty of room for more provided they're got some quality to their craftsmanship.

And then I re-remember this is Treyarch we're talking about. Good with bots, bad with campaigns.
I would have more confidence in the changes they're implementing if I didn't know the development cycle was less than 2 years, not to mention Treyarch devoted some resources to making the Wii MW3.

Sorry, we are all waiting for mastrbiggy to post the picture.

I'm almost positive mastrbiggy's picture is some sort of weird Cortana cosplay.

I would have more confidence in the changes they're implementing if I didn't know the development cycle was less than 2 years, not to mention Treyarch devoted some resources to making the Wii MW3.

Well it is a Call of Duty title, so they aren't spending any time working on the engine.
If they focus more time on reassessing gameplay functions instead of simply adding new ones, it might end up being an awesome game.

Thanks for the FB status like! :p

If I could get people to watch & care about that video as much as they post stupid status shuffles, corny pictures, etc. I'd be in business!

Sorry to hear about your boy, I'm going to push this link around, its seems CFF or at least your link to it dosnt have a UK donation option. I'll look around for options when I'm back from work.

Thanks for informing me I never understood CF fully before.

Horse riding?

Going after the untapped 12 year old girl market. Smart.
Or followers of modern day Spec Ops missions.

From 19 to 24 October the Special Forces team operated in a split team manner. One element, Team Alpha, rode on horseback north into the mountains near Keshendeh Bala along with General Dostum to help him plan the attack on Mazar-e Sharif. The other half of the team, the Bravo element, moved south into the nearby Alma Tak Mountains to attack the Taliban in the southern Darya Suf Valley.
Its amazing what you can accomplish with a dozen trained men, GPS, partnered locals, and air support.

heckfu

Banned
Horse riding?

Going after the untapped 12 year old girl market. Smart.

Did you not ever play Red Dead? 12 year old girl, my ass.

edit: and after watching the reveal trailer, a couple thoughts:
-if you have quad copters in a game, you have to show a video of them every 10 seconds to remind people. this rule was followed to a T in the trailer
-the graphics look SO shitty in so many instances
-i will probably get this game. treyarch multiplayer is a ton of fun

TheOddOne

Red Dead is the only game that has done riding horses right. Uncharted 3 version was scripted to hell and back, the Cod one looks the same.

Top Bottom