• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record, I talked to Frank and, Hypertrooper, you're getting a hoodie.
That is really awesome of you all.
cost and demographic - unfortunate thing about special edition consoles.
That really screwed me over when I bought both the Reach Console and Legendary Edition but I completely understand why it is the way it is.

I really wish I could trade that Reach console for this one but I can't spend that much on one game again. I'll pick up the controllers instead. I really hope that the console doesn't have any dlc that the LE/controllers don't have.

Flag pistol is about feeling a shade less helpless. In reality it won't be a good idea to engage, even in a team situation but you'll feel more empowered for the run.

Flag running confirmed.

Vire

Does that mean juggling is in?

I'd imagine you would use LT now since it's in the left hand?

Questions for 343

Is there a specific reason why they turn into fairy dust after being assassinated? Isn't the multiplayer supposed to fit into the story canon? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

2. Was the Oddball assasination on a new map or was that just Adrift?

3. Flag Juggling still in?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd imagine you would use LT now since it's in the left hand?

Questions for 343

Is there a specific reason why they turn into fairy dust after being assassinated? Isn't the multiplayer supposed to fit into the story canon? Doesn't really make a lot of sense.

2. Was the Oddball assasination on a new map or was that just Adrift?

3. Flag Juggling still in?

1. Looks cool and the combat simulation, having witnessed Promethean weaponry, AI appears to agree.
2. I literally don't remember will go look again. Probably revised Adrift skybox.
3. Ball throwing IS in. flag behavior still being fine tuned.

Vire

1. Looks cool and the combat simulation, having witnessed Promethean weaponry, AI appears to agree.
2. I literally don't remember will go look again. Probably revised Adrift skybox.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Love the ball throwing, looks like a neat addition.

That story reason is quite the stretch aye? :lol

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
*Plays BTB, gets shitty Heavies on shitty map (Razu or something)*
*Plays BTB one more time and gets Hemo, teammates don't know what they're doing/get dominated by vehicles*

*plays Anni. FFA, gets a map that emphasizes verticality(High Noon) with a 3 shot bloom pistol and open area on the floor spawns*

Finally I play Boardwalk Snipers and two enemy players quit out despite being in the lead by 7. So two of my teammates decide to drop out as well. Now it's 2v2 Snipes on Boardwalk.

HEYLO REACH

Akai__

Can you throw the ball to people which are in gunfight? Do they have to accept it or can you just randomly throw it to anyone?

I'd like to know why assassination animations were replaced with a "Fighting mode" scenerio in campaign, can 343 assist? or will later reveal that in another time.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd like to know why assassination animations were replaced with a "Fighting mode" scenerio in campaign, can 343 assist? or will later reveal that in another time.
They are just assassinations. There are a couple of interactive cutscenes - punching elite down elevator shaft, but even those play out as melees.

Tawpgun

I wonder if in Forge/customs you can assign a property to an objective allowing you to throw it.

If so, Basketball with bombs is going to be sick.'

The implications for grifball are amazing.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Is pistol/flag default for flag games? I am going to be depressed if so. Kinda ruins the whole risk/reward of pulling the flag. I imagine highly skilled players going in for the flag while the rest of their team plays Slayer, and the flag carrier will just wreck everyone else as well.

I cannot accept the hoodie with nothing in return. A candy package like I sent to GhaleonEB a year ago should be appropriate. Or more candy? Candy overload?

Aggrotek

They love to nerf that weapon.

H3 Beta Carbine =(
NOOOOOOOO

Yup. The emp field stays for a few seconds. The radius is similar to that of a plasma grenade explosion.

• CTF: Knock player down, stab flag through head
  • Oddball: Uppercut with ball
  • Player disintegrates midair afterwards with these.

I just witnessed one player toss the oddball to another and the get an oddball specific assassination.

You can use the pistol while carrying the flag now in ctf.

Holy shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
They are just assassinations. There are a couple of interactive cutscenes - punching elite down elevator shaft, but even those play out as melees.

So basically QTE? Wow so lazy

Lol :p

Yo for real though, flag juggling needs to be in. It's self balancing. Hold flag to walk slow and not be seen or juggle to go faster but you give away your location. Done and done. Ship it

wwm0nkey

Since the GAF guys won't be at SDCC tomorrow I just wanted to give a huge thanks to Mastrbiggy, Domino and Voltron you guys are seriously awesome!

Also if anyone else from 343 reads this you are awesome too!
(Jessica gets extra points though for being a ChromeHounds fan)

Vire

More like short lobs. But yes.

Yeah yeah, you get the point.

Do you hit melee to initiate the lob?

Also for Batman fans: Olly Moss just made this new print up for $40, July 18th from Mondo Posters. (Awesome use of figure-ground with the Batman symbol)

tumblr_m6xzk0jvLc1qeqo31o1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom