• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, are people talking about throwing or is there like actual baseball-style throwing of the Oddball now?

Throwing the Oddball like a baseball?!? 343 is speaking my language, this changes EVERYTHING!

Edit. Short lobs can still be fun, but it would have been awesome to blast an enemy with a fastball to the chest.

JuanGGZ

Banned
It is already revealed. The map is called Longbow. You can see a lot of footage at youtube from RTX and Comic-Con.

Not sure if it's Longbow after all. Look at the sky and the floor, that's not a snowy environnement.

Or maybe it's an old build, but I'm pretty sure this map is not Longbow.

Hey look, another thing I don't like about Halo 4, what a surprise! I think I'll truly be surprised when 343 announces something that actually sounds good because so far, they've been doing a great job at doing otherwise.

Which video has the oddball lobbing?

The crowds reaction at those assassinations made me laugh, its like the typical dudebro reaction to stuff like curb stomping and chainsawing in gears. Animations do not make the game but people seem to get really hyped by that stuff lol. Gotta say the assassinations where sweet, but im more interested in the fact you have a weapon now while carrying the flag, going to be interesting to see how it works.

Vire

Which video has the oddball lobbing?

The crowds reaction at those assassinations made me laugh, its like the typical dudebro reaction to stuff like curb stomping and chainsawing in gears. Animations do not make the game but people seem to get really hyped by that stuff lol. Gotta say the assassinations where sweet, but im more interested in the fact you have a weapon now while carrying the flag, going to be interesting to see how it works.

The same video you just watched...

Watch it again closely.

Das Kalk

Neo Member
Hey look, another thing I don't like about Halo 4, what a surprise! I think I'll truly be surprised when 343 announces something that actually sounds good because so far, they've been doing a great job at doing otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29M_VElHoFI

Non-sequitur: I really like the idea that there are context specific assassinations, like when you had the sword in Halo: Reach. Allowing assassinations while holding objective items also seems to fit with the whole "make people move around more" thing they've been pushing for a while. Me likey.

Computron

Someone youtube/gif the assasination plz! D:

Christ, you guys don't make this easy:

bpzdO.png

Stabilized and perspective cropped .GIF inbound.

but seriously:

zcmZ1.png

at least on the show floor, where you are allowed.

More like dropping with nade skills.

So cool, I can't wait to see when oddball games get close and a guy tries to throw it to his partner and someone on my team jumps up for the interception to lock in the victory.

+1 343i.. +1

Also, BAM:

Just discussed with this kid from work who loves CoD why he should get Halo 4, he's buying my Standard Edition off me that will come with my console.

So now I'm getting both the LE and Console.. victory!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If anyone is planning on buying Indie Game the Movie (only 5$) beware! The standard 720p file is actually the Team Meat Boy commentary file. It's been a hassle just to watch this movie considering I bought it 45 minutes ago. Also, file sharing from PC to 360 is so dumb. It doesn't display all the files I have sharing. I just wanna watch the fuckin movie lol

If anyone is planning on buying Indie Game the Movie (only 5$) beware! The standard 720p file is actually the Team Meat Boy commentary file. It's been a hassle just to watch this movie considering I bought it 45 minutes ago. Also, file sharing from PC to 360 is so dumb. It doesn't display all the files I have sharing. I just wanna watch the fuckin movie lol
Where did you buy it?

The same video you just watched...

Watch it again closely.

Oh damn that looked crazy, like it was literally a game of catch. I can imagine playing piggy in the middle :p

I actually think footage of a flag carrier going full out and capping the flag while 5 shotting and more clips of the oddball throws would have made for cooler footage than stock assassination animations.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Explain?

I still gotta get around to watching Blade Runner since that Sci-Fi binge after you suggested Aliens/Prometheus.

BTW, you ever post impressions for that Frankie?
Prometheus is incredible iron chef buffet spread but somebody laid it out wrong. There's cheese sauce on the dessert.

I wish 343 would do a better job of giving people who don't go to the conventions a glimpse of stuff. We've barely had any official footage from them.

daedalius

Screw you guys who don't want a gun while carrying the flag.

Worked fine in quake, ut and plenty of others before halo. And hell, its just the crappy pistol anyway

wwm0nkey

Screw you guys who don't want a gun while carrying the flag.

Worked fine in quake, ut and plenty of others before halo. And hell, its just the crappy pistol anyway

I heard the pistol was tweaked but yeah do not expect to get over kills while holding the flag but at least expect to stand a chance and help your team out while carrying the flag.

Vire

So Frankie what did you think of our amazing questions during the Gamespot interview? ;)

Also, Steve and Jen (Master Chief and Cortana) at Comic Con!

617593408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom