• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Oddball throwing sounds like a cool/interesting mechanic. I wonder how far you can throw it.

The flag/pistol in each hand looks kinda cheesy, I really hope the flag isn't a 1-hit kill now that there is a pistol as well.

When will the panel be up on youtube?

kylej

Banned
I'm failing to see how flag + pistol is necessary in any way for a Halo game aside from trying to make it easier for people.

Aggrotek

I'm failing to see how flag + pistol is necessary in any way for a Halo game aside from trying to make it easier for people.

I don't think something has to be a necessity to be in the game.

edit: I also don't think it will make that big of an impact. You are still extremely vulnerable, and it's just a pistol. Not like its a Scattershot or some shit.

It could allow for some pretty heroic flag caps, im kind of looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Then again I miss the days when in Halo 1 I could just drive myself back to base whilst holding the flag, so I kind of know my opinion on Objective is skewed to favouring individuals rather than teamwork, which kind of goes against the mode.

kylej

Banned
I'm failing to see why its a bad thing.

Just a bunch of complaints like 'ugh', and 'I don't like it', with no explanation.

Probably because having to push, slay, trap spawns, and protect a defenseless flag carrier is the foundation of CTF in a Halo game.

daedalius

Probably because having to push, slay, trap spawns, and protect a defenseless flag carrier is the foundation of CTF in a Halo game.

So now you do all that and the flag carrier isn't totally defenseless.

QQ less

You guys all bitch about player empowerment, but when its barely applied to the flag carrier its suddenly not ok. Make up your minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29M_VElHoFI

Non-sequitur: I really like the idea that there are context specific assassinations, like when you had the sword in Halo: Reach. Allowing assassinations while holding objective items also seems to fit with the whole "make people move around more" thing they've been pushing for a while. Me likey.

Bad things announced:

-Having AA's return
-Random weapon spawning mechanism
-Unnecessary white text
-Perks
-No grenade pick up without a certain perk
-Sprint being standard
-Being able to use the pistol while carieng the flag.
-Being able to spawn with the plasma pistol
-Only 10 non forge multiplayer mapps on release.

Good things:
- Spartan Ops sounds fun
-Campaign seems to have an interesting story

That list doesn't really make me hyped.

Aggrotek

It's a pistol. Which from what we've seen is probably as useless as it is in Reach. Not to mention the fact that you probably lose the ability to do this if you have 2 primaries.

Bad things announced:

-Having AA's return
-Random weapon spawning mechanism
-Unnecessary white text
-Perks
-Sprint being standard
-Being able to use the pistol while carieng the flag.
-Being able to spawn with the plasma pistol

Good things:
- Spartan Ops sounds fun
-Campaign seems to have an interesting story

That list doesn't really make me hyped.
Taken the liberty of highlighting the subjective ones.

Striker

I don't think something has to be a necessity to be in the game.

edit: I also don't think it will make that big of an impact. You are still extremely vulnerable, and it's just a pistol. Not like its a Scattershot or some shit.
From the clips, the Pistol still looked like a formidable weapon. Similar to Reach's, I guess, but not enough to take down a BR/Carbine/DMR user. It isn't useless, however, like Halo 3's piece of junk.

Bad things announced:
No grenade pickups off dead bodies isn't bad. It's great. No more grenade spam.

10 maps also isn't that much less than we've gotten in past games. Halo 2 had 12, and Halo 3 had 11. Now if you argue there's going to be 9 DLC which makes it low overall, then I agree.

I think it will be a lot of fun, but yeah potentially at the expense of strategy. I can see it being a bit too powerful in something like MLG. I wonder if it can be turned off? The competitive modes can leave it out whilst the more arcadey modes can keep it. Considering the animations have to be designed around it I doubt it would be toggleable but it would be nice if it was.

a zoojoo

Banned
From the clips, the Pistol still looked like a formidable weapon. Similar to Reach's, I guess, but not enough to take down a BR/Carbine/DMR user. It isn't useless, however, like Halo 3's piece of junk.

I don't even see why Bungie put that popcorn shooter in Halo 3. :/

I'm failing to see why its a bad thing.

Just a bunch of complaints like 'ugh', and 'I don't like it', with no explanation.
That's just how I feel, no in depth explanation here. I find I completely unnecessary to have to have a weapon while carrying the objective; it basically says to me, "you guys can't work together as a team well enough to cap the flag or get time with the ball? That's cool, you can use your pistol to kill people if you make a bad route choice."

The other thing is people saying, "no big deal, it's just the crappy pistol." WHY!? Why is the pistol so bad and why is everyone ok with this? If the goal really is to make it a gimped useless secondary weapon, at least give it a quick draw like every other shooter so it can be used to clean up a kill when you run out of ammo on your primary.

It's a pistol. Which from what we've seen is probably as useless as it is in Reach. Not to mention the fact that you probably lose the ability to do this if you have 2 primaries.

Taken the liberty of highlighting the subjective ones.

the Reach pistol isn't useless. Not even close. The Halo 4 pistol is better than the Halo 3 pistol from what we've seen, and that's all it takes. All you need to do is be able to put shots in people and your teammates will be able to finish them off.

Vire

There's no appeasing some of these people. They just want Halo 2 HD over and over again.

These are same type of people who are ruining Dungeons and Dragons. As a company trying to offer new experiences, you can't listen to the sperg lords.

Havok

There's no appeasing some of these people. They just want Halo 2 HD over and over again.
This is such a lazy way to announce that you're going to ignore someone's opinion based on some fantasy world you're placing them in.

Believe it or not, some of these guys are fine with change that makes sense, just maybe not the particular one they're arguing against.

You don't think he has a point?
I think there's a way to argue against points without putting them in some "they hate everything!" hole to be ignored.

I don't even see why Bungie put that popcorn shooter in Halo 3. :/

I dont see why it gets so much hate on here, the thing is decent, its sad to see the Pistol be so weak, but I can still kill AR users with it and thats the main thing. If im playing against bad players I can usually use it to defend myself against BR users which I cant do with an AR, so as far as im concerned im glad the thing is in the game.

After all the 'crappy' Halo 3 Pistol has the same shots to kill (and im sure time to kill) as the Pistol in Reach. :p

Vire

This is such a lazy way to announce that you're going to ignore someone's opinion based on some fantasy world you're placing them in.

Believe it or not, some of these guys are fine with change that makes sense, just maybe not the particular one they're arguing against.

It's not lazy. What's lazy is saying "UGGHHH THEY ARE RUINNING HAAAAALOOOOOO."

Without offering valid reasons why. I can probably count about 30 of those types of posts in the past 15 pages.

To be fair, I'm not clumping everyone in this category since there are a few who offered decent reasons why.

I dont see why it gets so much hate on here, the thing is decent, its sad to see the Pistol be so weak, but I can still kill AR users with it and thats the main thing. If im playing against bad players I can usually use it to defend myself against BR users which I cant do with an AR, so as far as im concerned im glad the thing is in the game.

After all the 'crappy' Halo 3 Pistol has the same shots to kill (and im sure time to kill) as the Pistol in Reach. :p

I'm sure it would've been a decent weapon if the Halo 3 netcode allowed you to hit more than half of your shots with it.

'Classic' Halo (or Halo)is Halo without anything new. Stripped down. Is it new? Well you better hope it somehow takes away from exiating randomness for a more refined experience.

RIP Halo.

Except that it took about a damn minute in between each shot, there was no scope, and it was absurdly inaccurate. I've never seen a more useless weapon in a game than the H3 Magnum.

I'm sure it would've been a decent weapon if the Halo 3 netcode allowed you to hit more than half of your shots with it.

You could throw the kitchen sink at someone, but if Halo 3's netcode was having a tantrum it would do no damage. :p

I know they're all subjective, but that's why it's my list. Those are all the things I don't like the sound of that are in Halo 4.

Perks and armour abilities co-existing in the same game isnt subjective lol, it sucks. :p

Except that it took about a damn minute in between each shot, there was no scope, and it was absurdly inaccurate. I've never seen a more useless weapon in a game than the H3 Magnum.

Yeah agreed, I still think it was a good tool against AR users though. I mean at range the thing sucked, but close range it allowed me to ignore my AR and stay alive until I found a BR which was nice lol.

wwm0nkey

Has anyone else from SDCC posted about the things we picked up in the Spartan Ops demo? Not too sure since my connection has been shit and I haven't been able to keep up with the thread.

Vire

Has anyone else from SDCC posted about the things we picked up in the Spartan Ops demo? Not too sure since my connection has been shit and I haven't been able to keep up with the thread.

There was a Spartan Ops demo?

Haha, I think that about explains it.

It's not lazy. What's lazy is saying "UGGHHH THEY ARE RUINNING HAAAAALOOOOOO."

Without offering valid reasons why. I can probably count about 30 of those types of posts in the past 15 pages.

To be fair, I'm clumping everyone in this category since there is a few who offered decent reasons why.
I'd rather not just blindly accept change that doesn't demonstrate an obvious improvement to the game. All we can do is wait and try this stuff out, sure, but I've played enough games to get a good sense of what I like in Halo. So maybe instead of trying to pass off a group of people as "haters" you should come to the realization that everyone has a different opinion of what constitutes the perfect halo game.

Blueblur1

Question for you guys: Did 343 ever announce Forward Unto Dawn's media format (included in the Limited Edition of the game)? Is it a download?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Explain?

I still gotta get around to watching Blade Runner since that Sci-Fi binge after you suggested Aliens/Prometheus.

BTW, you ever post impressions for that Frankie?
In Blade Runner the main character basically enhances the shit out of a photo to see a reflection of someone in a photo or something.

Overdoziz

Banned
Next level cleansing:

ibiHeYyEKPLS5L.png

unfrigginbelievable.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom