• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
When I get a car the first thing I'm gonna do is drive up into WA (it's literally a stones throw away now) and just park outside 343 with nocs.

Only enter WA on I-5 if you want to go back to Portland with a cracked windshield or other car damage.

I swear, I've never had my car dinged more times than when I lived in Tacoma.

Vire

OT but nothing else is going on right now, Anyone here see Moonrise Kingdom? Planning on seeing tonight with a special someone. I've heard nice things, but I don't want to fall for hype again (Prometheus). HaloGAF halp.

wwm0nkey

:eek: <3 Dexter! Next season is definitely gonna blow this past season away.. Nothing was better than Trinity IMO

Eh I don't know man the scene they showed where he gets
caught in the act
was kind of like lame.

Though maybe I am taking out my anger at the STUPID advertisements I had to see for it everywhere at SDCC.

Vire

Not to be a downer but I don't think the maps will be as good as Halo 2's launch maps.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Considering we've only seen 3 maps... I'd say it's impossible to tell. But Haven looks amazing. I doubt it would be hard to top Reach or 3 though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's fine, and decently priced ($107 for the double queen bed room I booked). The location is good because you can just hop on the interstate and be at PAX in 15-20 minutes.

Is anyone arriving Thursday night? If Thursday night shenanigans are going down I can come up a day early to join the festivities.

Myself and two friends will be in Seattle Wednesday through Tuesday.

Staying at the Westin.

IHaveIce

Banned
Discussion about open water nearby ?
I live in the north of Germany so I have the North Sea and the Baltic Sea here. Both are not my dream beaches :/

Saw the SpOps video, looked good, but damn I want to see direct feed.

Played today some games with a friend as guest, it was hilarious we were matched up with the worst players in Reach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hanging out in the San Juan islands, taking a break from doing rugged shit and catching up on HaloGAF using some cafe's wifi.

A summary of yesterday's (and today's?) news would be hugely appreciated.

Impressions so far:
- WTF at flag carrier getting a pistol.
- Oddball being throwable sounds okay to me.
- New grenade sounds cool.
- Hyper's getting a hoodie! :-D

I offered David Ellis candy for a Spartan Ops vid but it didn't seem to work.

Shocking.

Domino and I followed David home for more SPOPS details. Unfortunately, he was able to get away.

BzkZk.jpg

wwm0nkey

Considering we've only seen 3 maps... I'd say it's impossible to tell. But Haven looks amazing. I doubt it would be hard to top Reach or 3 though.

Haven was my favorite, Longbow had a very nice flow to it and Adrift was pretty good.

All I know is that we have 3 good maps right now unlike the 1 good one we got with Reach.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
caught in the act
was kind of like lame.

Though maybe I am taking out my anger at the STUPID advertisements I had to see for it everywhere at SDCC.

They even had the colloquial grammar wrong: "Dexter - not that into dating - takes out a lot of people" - that just means he kills a lot of people - should have read : "Takes a lot of people out"

caught in the act
was kind of like lame.

I personally found season 2 to be the best. I'd be willing to look the other way if they just brought doakes back.
blown into a thousand pieces? No biggy.

Haven and Adrift are two of the smaller/competitive-built maps in Halo 4, so that itch might have to be scratched with Forge if you're looking for something smaller.

I think Halo 4 is going to have one of the best launch line-up of maps :]
But reach had the largest maps ever created in boneyard (non forge), spire (height), forge world. Not to mention they had low grav zone (zealot) and the best maps of all, swordbase and cage

heckfu

Banned
OT but nothing else is going on right now, Anyone here see Moonrise Kingdom? Planning on seeing tonight with a special someone. I've heard nice things, but I don't want to fall for hype again (Prometheus). HaloGAF halp.
Seen it twice. Definitely overtly Wes Anderson but in a good way. Currently ranks #2 behind Life Aquatic on my Wes scale.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I wanna be teased the shit out of about future maps.

Frank and Ellis, tell us how much we're gonna love those couple of maps we haven't seen yet.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I would like a travel guide from Frank, David, and SeattleGaf for when I get up there. Was there in 2010 for the first time but we were only there for 3 days. 6 this time. Anything within walking distance from the Westin. I'm from Iowa, so I want as much fresh seafood as I can eat without killing myself. :p

When I get a car the first thing I'm gonna do is drive up into WA (it's literally a stones throw away now) and just park outside 343 with nocs.

Be sure to keep a detailed log of all of Frankie's bathroom breaks. For...research purposes.

By the way, do you know the name of that pretty lady in your avatar?

wwm0nkey

They even had the colloquial grammar wrong: "Dexter - not that into dating - takes out a lot of people" - that just means he kills a lot of people - should have read : "Takes a lot of people out"

Also I have no idea if he was supposed to be Scumbag Dexter or Bad Luck Dexter.

caught in the act
was kind of like lame.

hahah I can see where you're coming from with those ads.. First ad I saw while trying to watch some vid on Waypoint (on XBL) I almost immediately deleted the app.

Haven was my favorite, Longbow had a very nice flow to it and Adrift was pretty good.

All I know is that we have 3 good maps right now unlike the 1 good one we got with Reach.

This. Adrift looks like a way more fun version of Countdown, Haven looks soo clean and smooth to play on, and Longbow <3 (if this is any indication of the rest of the BTB maps then I'm confident Halo 4 will be CRAZY for 8v8's).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I would like a travel guide from Frank, David, and SeattleGaf for when I get up there. Was there in 2010 for the first time but we were only there for 3 days. 6 this time. Anything within walking distance from the Westin. I'm from Iowa, so I want as much fresh seafood as I can eat without killing myself. :p

SeattleGaf thread in OT is amazing resource.

hahah I can see where you're coming from with those ads.. First ad I saw while trying to watch some vid on Waypoint (on XBL) I almost immediately deleted the app.

This. Adrift looks like a way more fun version of Countdown, Haven looks soo clean and smooth to play on, and Longbow <3 (if this is any indication of the rest of the BTB maps then I'm confident Halo 4 will be CRAZY for 8v8's).
A more fun version of countdown is construct

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
SeattleGaf thread in OT is amazing resource.

I've been keeping tabs in there for sure. When we get closer ill copy a bunch down on my notebook for reference. Only place we went last time was the restaraunt in the fish market, and then a random hot dog dude in a park nearby.

Frankie or David, I've been wondering about this since we can throw oddballs now. Can the power of a throw for either grenades or objectives be adjusted, as a player trait? If that's not possible, can player trait zones be tuned to simply affect objects only? i.e. I wanna be able to throw a frag/oddball etc like a Chapman fastball. Would be do awesome to have play Spartan dodgeball.

wwm0nkey

What I LOVE about Longbow is what I loved about Halo 2 BTB maps. Its big but has enough cover thrown in between so you can make an escape if you are good enough but also a few of those spaces where if you are caught you are a dead man. Reach's BTB maps were full of dead man spaces and it just made it un-enjoyable where as Longbow has a great use of space and cover and takes advantage of sprint being a default ability.

Frankie or David, I've been wondering about this since we can throw oddballs now. Can the power of a throw for either grenades or objectives be adjusted, as a player trait? If that's not possible, can player trait zones be tuned to simply affect objects only? i.e. I wanna be able to throw a frag/oddball etc like a Chapman fastball. Would be do awesome to have play Spartan dodgeball.

Hey! My last name is Chapman, we can name oddball throwing after me?! K thanks =)

THIS GUY. I LOVE HIM.

Me too! haha thanks Cyren!

Play OB in Halo 1, then jump and press RT while looking up a little. I'm guessing something along those lines with the passes which is pretty FRIKKIN SWEET!

What I LOVE about Longbow is what I loved about Halo 2 BTB maps. Its big but has enough cover thrown in between so you can make an escape if you are good enough but also a few of those spaces where if you are caught you are a dead man. Reach's BTB maps were full of dead man spaces and it just made it un-enjoyable where as Longbow has a great use of space and cover and takes advantage of sprint being a default ability.

Dude Halo 2 BTB.................... I get chills sometimes just thinking about it honestly lol

Burial Mounds Assault:
---Drive the Hog past the window while the bomb guy gets out and crouches. Distract the enemies with the rest of your team, wait for opening then BOOM!

Halo 4 = Revival of BTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom