• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like weapon switching is rather fast in Halo 4. Certainly looks faster than Reach.
Good, always hated that change by Bungie after Halo 2. (Had to handicap the individual player)
Half of Gears 3's playlists have 12 people in them. 12 PEOPLE.
Fixed
H4 should just have h2 playlists. Just gonna requote myself from an earlier thread:

Rumble Pit
Double Team <- make actual small maps this time around
Team Slayer
Team Skirmish <- objective
Team Training <- guests go here
Team Snipers <- stop putting team snipers in other lists and keep it confined to this one
Team Hardcore <- mlg
Big Team Battle <- guests go here too, as much as people don't want dumbass guests in BTB the population would plummet without them
Team SWAT <- people like to play this might as well keep it in
H2 Challenge <- make this community bullshit, griffball/zombies

Pretty good list although considering there are no small maps in Halo 4 (Haven and Adrift are the "small" maps in the game), I don't really see the point of a Doubles playlist at launch.

Of course that video was removed. Ugh this is frustrating, getting Halo 4 info/footage in this manner sucks.

Man that was quick. Glad I watched it ASAP. Was the first time I've gotten to see some actual SpOps gameplay.

Jesus. Give us some official footage if we're not allowed to view the off-screen shit. Ellis even told the guy it was ok to record. Guess posting it to youtube is a different story.
it says removed by user, don't know what that means in terms of being taken down

Vire

Man that was quick. Glad I watched it ASAP. Was the first time I've gotten to see some actual SpOps gameplay.

Jesus. Give us some official footage if we're not allowed to view the off-screen shit. Ellis even told the guy it was ok to record. Guess posting it to youtube is a different story.

tumblr_m69khduAPQ1qmpghb.gif

Didn't get to see it. Any mirrors?

Good, always hated that change by Bungie after Halo 2. (Had to handicap the individual player)

Fixed

Pretty good list although considering there are no small maps in Halo 4 (Haven and Adrift are the "small" maps in the game), I don't really see the point of a Doubles playlist at launch.

Of course that video was removed. Ugh this is frustrating, getting Halo 4 info/footage in this manner sucks.

If they don't have small maps they shouldn't bother with doubles then. No shitty forge pls.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
If they don't have small maps they shouldn't bother with doubles then. No shitty forge pls.

Haven works just fine for 2 on 2. Sprint for everyone. I even played one on one at ComicCon, and it was hardly cat and mouse. WOuldn't work without motion tracker, but the cross-map routes are super fast, as are the vertical paths.

Also, why is it swimsuit time? There is nowhere to swim in the Bay Area that isn't freezing or shark infested.

Not a GAF member

And what?

Was trying to make a clever play on your name in reference to Tosh.0, failed miserably, been up for roughly 27 hours, work overnights saturdays only, fucks my day.

I think he wants to hear the story.

Yeahh, but if it's a touchy subject don't worry about it :)

Haven works just fine for 2 on 2. Sprint for everyone. I even played one on one at ComicCon, and it was hardly cat and mouse. WOuldn't work without motion tracker, but the cross-map routes are super fast, as are the vertical paths.

Promethean Vision is probably super useful for smaller player counts.

I'm hoping you guys are able to make a great doubles playlist, it's my favorite list by far, but Reach butchered it for competitive play IMO.

Posting again because routes like these make maps extremely fun and quick to traverse.

Dee-Ricious. And yeah, I was thinking about how Reach didn't have many nifty routes as compared to older games, because you were more bound by your physical attributes.

Homeboyd

The Spartan Ops video was blurry as hell, you guys didn't miss anything.
It was blurry but it was nice to finally be able to get a feel for what these missions play like. 10 or so minutes of solid gameplay. More than we've seen anywhere else.

Oh, and it did look like a lot of fun.

heckfu

Banned
I'm glad Kiki listened to me and Tashi. I'll take credit for the registration until someone goes out of their way to offend and then i'll just put my hands in my pocket, whistle, and walk away.

Posting again because routes like these make maps extremely fun and quick to traverse.

Then again, I could just jetpack back up :p

Weekend playlists are good cause its not all spreadout. Like when you and your friends have five to ten options on a weekend to do things each one picks different stuff none of the parties are as big and you're not with all your friends and you dont know where you should go.

When you have weeklies its like yea I played Halo all week, I guess I'll hit up that ONE weekly even though its not exactly my favorite thing. Everyones there why not?

I enjoyed Griff and Living Dead more when it came around cause I couldn't play it when it wasn't around. The exclusivity of it made it not get stale for me.

Give me librarian + display and I'll be happy.

Also, question for Frankie/David: what are the lava physics like? The closest thing we've ever had in a game was a smelting pot in Reach's last level and all you did was fall through revealing an empty pot and die. Do you pull a Lord of the Rings and just submerge, or do you stay on the surface and burn to death before sinking, etc...?

TheOddOne

It was blurry but it was nice to finally be able to get a feel for what these missions play like. 10 or so minutes of solid gameplay. More than we've seen anywhere else.

Oh, and it did look like a lot of fun.
We kind of know how the gameplay is going to feel. We just did not see enough of the level was seen to actually pass judgement, because well most of it was blurry. It looks massive though, but that is all about I can say about it.

Enfinit

H4 should just have h2 playlists. Just gonna requote myself from an earlier thread:

Rumble Pit
Double Team <- make actual small maps this time around
Team Slayer
Team Skirmish <- objective
Team Training <- guests go here
Team Snipers <- stop putting team snipers in other lists and keep it confined to this one
Team Hardcore <- mlg
Big Team Battle <- guests go here too, as much as people don't want dumbass guests in BTB the population would plummet without them
Team SWAT <- people like to play this might as well keep it in
H2 Challenge <- make this community bullshit, griffball/zombies

Not a bad list at all. I'd change "Team Hardcore" to just straight up MLG (because that's all it should be).

I love the Action Sack playlist, wish they would just throw Infection and Grifball in there instead of having their own dedicated playlist. Would piss a lot of people off though.

Also, why is it swimsuit time? There is nowhere to swim in the Bay Area that isn't freezing or shark infested.

I'm in Portland. There was a heat wave.

If you want to swim in the bay area you hit up a pool or one of the lakes.

kylej

Banned

damnson-3d2.gif

Anyone up for Halo in a half hour or so? Going to eat dinner then play.

Bring back double exp weekends please, those were way better than super jackpot weekends. The only thing they should change is make it so there are two weekend playlists to choose from. Mostly because i dont ever want to play griffball. Also, bring back fiesta please, that was always my favorite double exp playlist.

wwm0nkey

Weekend playlists are good cause its not all spreadout. Like when you and your friends have five to ten options on a weekend to do things each one picks different stuff none of the parties are as big and you're not with all your friends and you dont know where you should go.

When you have weeklies its like yea I played Halo all week, I guess I'll hit up that ONE weekly even though its not exactly my favorite thing. Everyones there why not?

I enjoyed Griff and Living Dead more when it came around cause I couldn't play it when it wasn't around. The exclusivity of it made it not get stale for me.

My Ideal Halo 4 playlist set up would be (including weekly playlists)

Slayer
FFA
Objective
BTB
Squad
MLG
Weekly: cycles between Infection, Griffball, basketball (you know someone will do that with the new oddball), and Forge Epidemic Mini-game list.

I absolutely do NOT want the clutter like Reach has.

Home :(

This past weekend was one of the greatest experiences I've had. I hope I didn't annoy anyone with my constant bombardment of curiosity. Being around the team felt like my home away from home.

Every single person there put up with me and made me feel welcomed. Unless you all double as good actors.

Stinkles

I'm in Portland. There was a heat wave.

If you want to swim in the bay area you hit up a pool or one of the lakes.

The lakes are freezing or toxic. The only one I regularly swam in was near the Dipsea trail. I can't remember what it was called but it was at the end of the trail, near the ocean and it was freezing. I am guessing the hella East Bay has some lukewarm superfund sites that are swimmable.

Also, not really Bay Area, but Shaver Lake is ultimate swimlake.

The lakes are freezing or toxic. The only one I regularly swam in was near the Dipsea trail. I can't remember what it was called but it was at the end of the trail, near the ocean and it was freezing. I am guessing the hella East Bay has some lukewarm superfund sites that are swimmable.

Also, not really Bay Area, but Shaver Lake is ultimate swimlake.

I used to swim in Lake Anza (in Tilden) when I was younger, also Stinson Beach. Used to cold though, in Yosemite I'd swim in the Merced.

Stinkles

Give me librarian + display and I'll be happy.

Also, question for Frankie/David: what are the lava physics like? The closest thing we've ever had in a game was a smelting pot in Reach's last level and all you did was fall through revealing an empty pot and die. Do you pull a Lord of the Rings and just submerge, or do you stay on the surface and burn to death before sinking, etc...?

The Lava flow looks syrupy and convincing and there is vertical as well as horizontal flow, but the physics are effectively: THE GROUND IS LAVA. i.e., you die. Don't do it.

Stinkles

I used to swim in Lake Anza (in Tilden) when I was younger, also Stinson Beach. Used to cold though, in Yosemite I'd swim in the Merced.

I swam in the Merced - and (frequently) in the aptly named Icicle River in WA. I grew up in Scotland so my temperature tolerance has more to do with expectation than actual temperature. Still, Hawaii FTW.

GhaleonEB

I also enjoyed just having something new(ish) float in over the weekend. I looked forward to the double XP Flagstravaganza and the holiday playlists a great deal, and the double jackpot weekends just are not the same.

Related, I hope the concept of super jackpots go away; I wish for a greater proportion of the reward system to be based on what we earn, rather than a slot machine. And from a motivational standpoint, I like trying for challenges or rewards, but a random chance at such is just not motivating for me.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I swam in the Merced - and (frequently) in the aptly named Icicle River in WA. I grew up in Scotland so my temperature tolerance has more to do with expectation than actual temperature. Still, Hawaii FTW.
With all that MS money get a pool....or use a shovel to dig one you lazy bum.

Stinkles

Tempted to brag about the Gulf waters on Siesta Beach here, but I'll refrain.

(I never even go, really :_\ )

I would. My NUMBER ONE thing to do, period, in life, is to swim in tropical or subtropical waters. Nothing beats it. It immediately and reflexively tells me we descended from aquatic beasts.

And related: I have swam at Siesta Beach, and the Keys (I realize this isn't exactly walking distance) are my favorite part of FL. Which probably isn't unusual.

Vire

I know there are ships in Halo 4 but are there any boats?

Still waiting on this one:

halo-wish-list-16.jpg

:( Someday...

Also, come to South Beach Frankie, we'll party. I live about 5 minutes away from the beach.

It'd be nice if there was some sort of convention here.

Homeboyd

I would. My NUMBER ONE thing to do, period, in life, is to swim in tropical or subtropical waters. Nothing beats it. It immediately and reflexively tells me we descended from aquatic beasts.

And related: I have swam at Siesta Beach, and the Keys are my favorite part of FL. Which probably isn't unusual.
I was at Siesta beach for several days a couple weeks back on my return trip from Borax2.

Love Siesta beach. Lots of good spots around there.

With all this content in Halo 4, I wonder if it'll be two discs similar to H3:ODST when we get our copies at launch. Or it's on a new type of disc format all in one.

Did the majority of players that liked Armor Effects and Voices in Reach might make a return?

What's your opinions GAF?

Ryaaan14

Banned

And related: I have swam at Siesta Beach, and the Keys are my favorite part of FL. Which probably isn't unusual.

It's kind of one of those things that you tell yourself you'll do every weekend when you're planning your move, and once you actually get here all you want to do is spend every day off being a lazy bum playing video games and drinking. Fall and winter are the only times I really make a point to spend time on the beach, the direct sunlight in the summer is absolutely agonizing.

I was at Siesta beach for several days a couple weeks back on my return trip from Borax2.

Love Siesta beach. Lots of good spots around there.

The fuck brah, shoulda hit me up.

Vire

4922411595_7c3a508170.jpg

Here in sunny, (albeit humid) Boca Raton.

Don't let the old people stigma fool you, it's a beautiful city.

The Halo 3 launch here had about 400 people outside Best Buy... ah the good ole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom