• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

If it is permanent, at least he went out the way he would've wanted: posting explicit Shakira gifs.

Also: I like Karl's Cortana quote thread title.

I think half of that thread's final pages got banned. Don't worry, they'll be back

ihnFOXYWrHXIm.gif

Hopefully it's better than what I just experienced. Lag, lag everywhere.
We had some lag in our games last night, but it was still fun. I like the fact that the map can change based on what blocks have been destroyed. I wouldn't call it a replacement for Halo (even Reach), but it's definitely a fun way to mix things up until Halo 4 arrives. And it's 3 bucks.

I only got to play on Lockout and the Great Wall. Lockout was good but 20 people with snipers is kind of dumb on it. I guess I have to give it a fair chance though.
If you decide you hate it, I wouldn't blame you. For some the game's flaws will be too much to overlook, and that makes total sense to me.

Hopefully the devs will allow whoever starts the game to limit what weapons are available for each player at spawn.

lilty

We had some lag in our games last night, but it was still fun. I like the fact that the map can change based on what blocks have been destroyed. I wouldn't call it a replacement for Halo (even Reach), but it's definitely a fun way to mix things up until Halo 4 arrives. And it's 3 bucks.

I only got to play on Lockout and the Great Wall. Lockout was good but 20 people with snipers is kind of dumb on it. I guess I have to give it a fair chance though.

CyReN

I...I think you're doing it wrong. We'll get a full dong party for later and you should join!

Also, got rid of some deadweight on my friends list that I never play with so send me those requests scrubs.

It really is, just played games with u4ix, Jazzy, Barrow, Over, Best Man, etc and had a blast for 2 hour. Yes it isn't the most polished game but it's simple fun at it's core.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just create a server with an indestructible Lockout and Hang 'em High and play 8 players max without radar. Awesomeness will ensue.

Korosenai

It really is, just played games with u4ix, Jazzy, Barrow, Over, Best Man, etc and had a blast for 2 hour. Yes it isn't the most polished game but it's simple fun at it's core.

For an indie game, it's amazing. I didn't expect so much from it, especially for $3.

Risen

The only two games I've played so far were in Overdoziz's party on a Euro server and it was entirely playable for me. I mean sure, it wasn't LAN, but with only 8 folks playing on an overseas host was OK for me.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Well this seriously blows. Just got off the phone with XBL support and apparently my purchasing ability was locked due to suspicious account activity. I literally gave them all of my personal information and they still have to do an investigation before I can do anything.

Shit takes 3 to 5 days, what the hell.

willow ve

Well this seriously blows. Just got off the phone with XBL support and apparently my purchasing ability was locked due to suspicious account activity. I literally gave them all of my personal information and they still have to do an investigation before I can do anything.

So can you enter codes that you already have? Would you be able to spend the points that are on your account? Or are those blocked too?

does buying points from amazon work?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Please, Dani. The books are not important to understanding the story of Halo 4. You don't have to read them to understand it. The quote even said it. If you read the books, they will expand your experience. Still they are not necessary for the game.

Important =/= essential or even ncessary.

I'm clearly not implying you have to read anything here to get Halo 4's story. I was just pointing out the benefits of reading the extended fiction.

Don't be putting words into my mouth here, please.

CyReN

The developers sent us a few codes, I could try and get you one if wanted.

Enfinit

Just downloaded and played for a few off your recommendation. Best $3 I've spent on a game. So fun and pure.

Computron

Just played the murder miners demo, what's the big deal? Am I missing something?

Also, no multiplayer in the demo for a multiplayer focused game. That's just sad.

willow ve

Just played the murder miners demo, what's the big deal? Am I missing something?

Also, no multiplayer in the demo for a multiplayer focused game. That's just sad.

I think they said earlier (one of the Dev's is a Junior?) that they had no control over the demo. Which is why it's capped at 8 minutes from the first time you open it. I would put a lot of the demo blame on MS.

Computron

Yes, you're missing something.

Lol yeah. It doesn't help that they don't offer most of the gametyps in the demo as well.

What does it offer that Halo 3/Reach do not? What does it do better?

What is the main gametype people are playing online?
Does it have any cool new gametypes, like invasion or some forge TS hybrid?
Or maybe one where you can drop the flag?

Lol yea. It doesn't help that they don't offer most of the gametyps in the demo as well.

It is a Indie game for three bucks with a gameplay, people like. The important part in this sentence: Three bucks.

I want Murder Miners! Im sure I can muster up the cash sometime soon though, today was my first day of class and it turns out my book is only $20..So thats good. Film making classes <3.

On another note, the Halo 4 OT should be this:

Halo 4 |OT| From Requiem, To Infinity and Beyond

Expertzone came out with their new quiz, nothing really new. Just this basically if anything.

QutGQ.png

Yeah, that was a basic recap of simple info and a cheat sheet of how to sell the game.. Its still interesting because you get to see their strategy a bit.. this slide made me lol a bit:

HefA3.png

Lol yeah. It doesn't help that they don't offer most of the gametyps in the demo as well.

From what I understand it's like Halo CE for $3

Ryaaan14

Banned
Never forget, guys. This very thread gave us a very special gift.

THIS THREAD IS SPONSORED BY A ZOOJOO
AndHereWeGo.gif

I guess you should check his member status then.

I felt a great disturbance in the HaloGAF, as if millions of irrelevant posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something useful has happened.

Unrelated, but zoojoo check your PMs.

lmao heckfu is a gaf noob

edit: lmao zoojoo.

tumblr_m7dh56MSY51qbtry5.gif

zoojoo got tagged!

Zoojoo, I hardly knew Ye

a zoojoo
Banned
(Today, 12:37 AM)

iXPxxSQZcnTZb.gif

IK09u.gif

The ZooJoo Residence tomorrow morning

What about it. The combat is pretty fun.

RIP a zoojoo.

Oh, that was perfect.

I dedicate these lines from Zoo Station, off of U2's masterpiece Achtung, Baby, to the fallen.

Time is a train, it makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station, your face pressed up against the glass​

a zoojoo
Banned

iIsQdRK540QQk.gif

I come back from vacation and this greets me? Oh happy day!

zoojoo...lol

a zoojoo
Banned
(Yesterday, 10:37 PM)

There are those who said this day would never come...

What are they to say now?

RIP zoojoo, may you go softly into the long blah blah blah blah blah.

This place smells better already

feel

They need to mention the killstreaks and the perks, those'll sure make some blood rush to the blockbuster guy's penis.

We get it, you slrp. And no one can have a differing opinion.
Boy, that's some pot callin' the kettle black. I was merely offering my opinion. Shake's write-up was melodramatic, even if you agreed with his sentiments. I never said he was out of line to express it, nor did I say anything about Kyle's right to make the ludicrous assessment of it being filled with "truth-bombs". And saying I "slrp" is a specious accusation ([sensiGAF]and just a reminder, the term is derived from and substituted for derogatory language towards homosexual men[/sensiGAF]), I love traditional Halo as much as the next fellow, and I am also skeptical of 343 Industries' alterations. I take comfort in several facts:

-there will be a classic playlist with traditional settings
-the changes may not be sufficiently detrimental to my game experience
-Destiny in less than a year

Part of what made me kind of roll my eyes at Shake's post was his idea that there was this sacred design philosophy behind traditional Halo, when we know that CE almost didn't have multiplayer, and essentially they just kind of threw players into a box like any other shooter of the day. The beloved all-purpose pistol was a last-minute tweak, hacked in by a single coder. This wasn't an example of perfectly executed philosophy or game theory, it was, in many ways, happenstance, and if you doubt that, see Halo 2, and 3. Larger teams, better planning, more time, and very different results. Halo 4 can't betray philosophies that weren't purposefully created. If anything, its design is similar in that, for better or worse, it is adopting structure from the shooters of the day yet again.

whiffed with this one. try another post.
I packed it with truth-bombs, just for you.

Computron

It is a Indie game for three bucks with a gameplay, people like. The important part in this sentence: Three bucks.

Yea, I see that.
I am just confused why people in this thread are playing it over Halo games they already own.

I kinda want to get it, but I can't tell anything about it from the demo other than it's inspired by Halo, has at least some of it's features and it's lacking polish.

It's compelling and I don't know why. like early Minecraft.
KuGsj.gif

Computron

WTF:

lqMMS.png

How did this shit turn itself on, and how long has it been that way?

Did they change something in the last week or so? Anyone else get this?

Top Bottom