• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Swarmerr

no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

Oh god please no, I absolutely despised that map. Would rather have Orbital remade.

What does everyone see in that pathetic excuse for a map? Or are they just joking when they say they want it remade?

Sorry but orbital has to be the worst map made in halo history, ever. Even reach couldn't top that sorry excuse for a map.

There is no route on that map besides the hallway given to you... Map flow at its worst.

Sorry but orbital has to be the worst map made in halo history, ever. Even reach couldn't top that sorry excuse for a map.

There is no route on that map besides the hallway given to you... Map flow at its worst.

i'd rather play orbital all day then have to play uncaged or swordbase. not to mention spire, paradiso, boneyard.

Oh yea remember Orbital? Man H3 had some pretty garbage maps. Can't believe The Pit got released. Seems like Bungie was red lighting any good material out of the game saying "no we cant have our fans having good maps theyll just want more" "lets release ghost town, its impossible to walk on because theres rocks and geometry everywhere. Enjoy your labrynth of shit rats.

GhaleonEB

Exploring Halo 4's e-sports side with Frank O'Connor

Not sure if posted yet, but looks like no Valhalla or Pit.

The big difference is that the Covenant are tactical, while the Prometheans are more strategic in a sense that they can enforce and multiply when least expected. Since the Covenant and Prometheans are working together, there can be a situation when you're fighting a Covenant squad when all of a sudden a Promethean launcher shows up to turn the tide of battle. Also, hiding behind cover may not work when fighting them, because their crawlers can climb over cover and flush you out.
A Promethean launcher? What is that? I know Knights can spawn Watchers who can spawn Crawlers and reanimate falled Prometheans. Is that the Knight the launcher?

Oh god please no, I absolutely despised that map. Would rather have Orbital remade.

What does everyone see in that pathetic excuse for a map? Or are they just joking when they say they want it remade?

Sandtrap was just awful, awful. I remember back when I lurked here somebody (Chinner, maybe) described it as 'like playing cancer'. Seems about right.

Eww High Grounds? That map wasnt even good before it was stolen from Unreal Tournament.

Worst map in Halo 3 (based on the fact I played it hundreds of times in slayer gametypes).

Sandtrap was just awful, awful. I remember back when I lurked here somebody (Chinner, maybe) described it as 'like playing cancer'. Seems about right.

Worst map in Halo 3 (based on the fact I played it hundreds of times in slayer gametypes).

i dunno, i could tolerate high grounds in social but would get pissed if i got it in ranked

Sandtrap with a DMR would be sooo sexy. Think of all those lucky bastards who got behind walls or into those bunkers because the BR cant hit for shit long range and was practically a nerf paint gun swinging around hoping for the best cause the game was garbage with a terrible framerate and shitty netcode and ran at 10 fps and the main gun has spread and leading and shitty maps like Epitaph Guardian (Inferior lockout) Isolation (Inferior upside down Beaver Creek) and shit like Heretic (Inferior Midship) and Epitaph OMG Epitaph..and SNOWBOUND WITH SHIELD DOORS LOL. And the AR was retardedly powerful and let bad kids ar melee you with bleedthrough trading kills. Never again would they get away.

Jesus the only good thing about that game was the ranking system.

Kill it with fire.

Oh yea remember Orbital? Man H3 had some pretty garbage maps. Can't believe The Pit got released. Seems like Bungie was red lighting any good material out of the game saying "no we cant have our fans having good maps theyll just want more" "lets release ghost town, its impossible to walk on because theres rocks and geometry everywhere. Enjoy your labrynth of shit rats.
Tell us how you really feel, Juices.

Edit: Are we sure they're not talking about the Incinerator Cannon when they say Promethean Launcher? The Promethean rocket launcher?

About the remake, anyone not saying Death Island is flat out wrong. It's Silent Cartographer scaled down into a multiplayer map with a base on each side of the island.

Talents

Banned
Did anyone else like Narrows? It was one of my favourite H3 maps, I just loved spawn killing noobs in social slayer then getting sent messages saying they reported me for cheating because I knew where they spawned.

A Promethean launcher? What is that? I know Knights can spawn Watchers who can spawn Crawlers and reanimate falled Prometheans. Is that the Knight the launcher?
Covie and Proms working together? I viewed the two factions being a conflict within almost every encounter. So is it confirmed that they'll cooperate as a mixed faction of enemies against you later on in Halo 4?
Edit: Wouldn't make any sense if they did.

Fotos

I feel like a remade Death Island would be perfect with all the new additions since Halo 1. I would really like that remade.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Did anyone else like Narrows? It was one of my favourite H3 maps, I just loved spawn killing noobs in social slayer then getting sent messages saying they reported me for cheating because I knew where they spawned.

And then Bungie was like, "ehhh that's enough of that, let's fuck up the spawns"

Cold storage? Assembly? Isolation? Orbital?

Those maps are absolute shit compared to high ground

I prefer all of those to High Ground.

Cold Storage: good remake of a great map. Works well for FFA.

Assembly: Average map, better at slayer than HG.

Isolation: Symmetrical, plenty of BR's on the map to mitigate the horror of AR starts, a below average map but not as bad as people make out.

Orbital: Good one-bomb map if you enjoy how that map and gametype played; a war of attrition and persistence to move the bomb from one side to the other, through a relentless hail of nades, rockets, bubbleshields, powerdrains and maulers. But oh boy was it sweet when you planted successfully. Plus sniping from rockets for triple kills was GOAT.

High Ground was a fucking disgusting map that appeared about 70% of the time in Slayer and Snipes, constant spawns behind you, favoured the team that spawned on the high ground (dur) for power-ups/weapons and had too many nooks and hovels for shotgun campers. Dirty, dirty map.

High Ground was easily the best map in Halo 3 for one-sided gametypes.

It should have stuck to what it was good at.

Fotos

This past weekend me and a couple of friends were really bored so we decided to speed run the entire Halo 3 campaign on normal. we are alright at it but it was way more fun than i expected. I was thinking of streaming a few runs this weekend on twitch.tv. Doing this reminded me ow much I love the Halo 3 campaign

nillapuddin

I know we dont have fifty maps to comb through, but when clearly OBJ-designed maps start being used in slayer to much...

they either become "broken" and/or "suck"

I hope, future Halo MP maps really carve out their niche so their intended use is clear, not all maps should be jack of all trades

*cough*halo2mapdesign*cough*

Relic, made for 1-Flag
Turf, made for 3-Plot
etc

Talents

Banned
i hope that means a non-shitty arena...if not..

;_;
So, there's nothing major coming in October so that means we won't know what the ranking system is until H4 is released? Vadernooo.jpg
And holy shit, it's 1am and I have to up at 8am for sixth form, I'm gonns die of tiredness.

u4iX

Exploring Halo 4's e-sports side with Frank O'Connor

Not sure if posted yet, but looks like no Valhalla or Pit.

What will Studio 343 announce in terms of pro gamer options and features ala Call of Duty: Black Ops II's recent announcement?

E-sports has always been a big part of the Halo community, even before Halo went online. People were playing Halo: CE back in the day, carrying Xboxes, LAN cables, and routers to people's houses. We take it very seriously; we support this in a variety of ways, like with Halo Waypoint, which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support, come November.

We take it very seriously; we support this in a variety of ways, like with Halo Waypoint, which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support, come November.

which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support,

new additions, like stats support,

new additions,

like stats support,

We take it very seriously

A5pV0.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They will never remake the Pit now with sprinting and such. That gem will forever remain the foundation of my favourite multiplayer Halo memories.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
We take it very seriously; we support this in a variety of ways, like with Halo Waypoint, which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support, come November.

which is going to have a relaunch with new additions, like stats support,

new additions, like stats support,

new additions,

like stats support,

We take it very seriously

A5pV0.gif

Polite question and trying to avoid answer = this.

The question was will Halo 4 have spectator mode, the answer is no.

Fotos

I know we dont have fifty maps to comb through, but when clearly OBJ-designed maps start being used in slayer to much...

they either become "broken" and/or "suck"

I hope, future Halo MP maps really carve out their niche so their intended use is clear, not all maps should be jack of all trades

*cough*halo2mapdesign*cough*

Relic, made for 1-Flag
Turf, made for 3-Plot
etc

I also want maps specifically built or BTB like Waterworks.

JackHerer

Covie and Proms working together? I viewed the two factions being a conflict within almost every encounter. So is it confirmed that they'll cooperate as a mixed faction of enemies against you later on in Halo 4?
Edit: Wouldn't make any sense if they did.

This caught my eye as well. Is this just a misquote or something or did Frankie let something slip? I don't believe we have heard about them working together. In fact, in the E3 trailer you see a Promethean vaporize an elite.

u4iX

Polite question and trying to avoid answer = this.

The question was will Halo 4 have spectator mode, the answer is no.

The question could even be stretched to Black Ops 2's ranking system, spectator mode, CoDcast mode, and theater mode, which was answered by saying "we're going to have stats... still."

I'm sure they'll do some new things with stats regarding Waypoint, but it's so... unsatisfying; anticlimactic. We've waited so long to hear about ranks even, that this answer is like finding a water bottle in the sand while you're stranded in the desert, only to pick it up and find out it's filled with a vapid, unsettling, around the bush type answer.

I'm not upset, sad, or mad about the news, or lack thereof, but just come out and say it. No need to badger the competitive community with loose answers again and again.

Top Bottom