• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

I really love Halo (I'm proud of my 1000g in Reach & ODST <3) but i'm in Europe and i still don't know if there will be lot of Europeans players on Xbox One for MCC :-/.

Oh, and that LASO achievement, my god <3

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll come pack by bags and you can teach me the ropes and I will handle your achievement scripting. Salary 30K/year.

Why you should hire me:
-I'm beautiful
-I'll compliment you no matter what
-I have blue eyes and blonde hair (Aryans FTW?)
-I have an undying love for all things Halo
-You can prank Stinkles and blame it on me
-I'll pick up your lunch every day.
-I'll play test all of the achievements in my spare time.

PM for more info.

In the mean time I'll just continue my normal life:
http://media.giphy.com/media/i1f5NfL0lQaJ2/giphy.gif

Can I put this in the next OT

Defect

^Every game has that, par time means a certain time or score. You will want to get under the par time and over the par score. It is part of the new campaign leader boards feature apperently

5G
Heading to his Destiny
Halo 3: Destined for greatness.

I thought that was an ODST easter egg?

Maybe you get it after watching the legendary ending.

A Halo release without any garbage multiplayer achievements might actually be the actual biggest sign of 343's progress I've seen. That's not a backhanded compliment, I'm legitimately very impressed because of how prolonged that problem has been across such a huge portion of the series' existence.

Emphasizing speedruns and easter eggs over "kill 47 people with only melees to their toe while whistling the Halo theme loud enough to drown out your matchmade teammates' anguish as you lose the game for them!" is an actual big step forward in showing an understanding about how people play the game.

Seriously. I crtl + F for "spend the entire game on a mongoose trying to splatter people while your teammates lose" and couldn't find it.

They're learning you guys

Just looked over the cheevo list. Someone must really like TDKR considering "I Was Wondering What Would Break First[, your body or your spirit]" is the knight-killing achievement. And "Knightbane."

The "complete a CE level without jumping" one is diabolical. Most people probably thought "I can just cheese my way through Pillar of Autumn," but there's a mandatory jump in the first hallway.

The names Mongoose Mowdown, Two for One, and Steppin Razor still sends chills down my spine to this day...

(Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those try-hards that refused to grief with co-conspirators to try to get them on Lone Wolves)
I got Mongoose Mowdown as an accident on the first Halloween playlist in H3. It was hilarious and by far my favorite achievement in the game. Never bothered with any of the others.

Akai__

Just looked over the cheevo list. Someone must really like TDKR considering "I Was Wondering What Would Break First[, your body or your spirit]" is the knight-killing achievement. And "Knightbane."

The "complete a CE level without jumping" one is diabolical. Most people probably thought "I can just cheese my way through Pillar of Autumn," but there's a mandatory jump in the first hallway.

Wow, you are right. lol

That's pretty cool.

You don't have to jump in silent cartographer I'm sure. Just walking and driving.

edit: NVM I derped and missed your point. You're right, that's pretty funny LOL

LMAO you're right, the tutorial stuff at the beginning. Whoops.

Impala26

Wow, that was exactly my plan of attack...

MOTHER OF GOD...

Halo might not be bad. I can't think of any jumps. On easy, running with marines in your warthog, it should be decent.

Impala26

Halo might not be bad. I can't think of any jumps. On easy, running with marines in your warthog, it should be decent.

If Achievement unlocks follow Halo CEA and Halo 4, the EASIEST difficulty you can unlock them is NORMAL. Easy difficulty cannot unlock any achievements save level/campaign completion ones.

Fuchsdh

Wow, that was exactly my plan of attack...

MOTHER OF GOD...

Yeah lol. They are gonna' screw with a lot of people. On the plus side, the jump is right at the beginning so you'll realize pretty quickly you made a tactical error.

Quibble I thought you were going to mention for "First Contact"—how do the aliens and Riker communicate without the combadge's univ. translator?

The achievements I'm not looking forward to repeating are the 3 Crawlers with one hammer hit, and getting the Silent Cartographer skull (Bandana?) Those ones took a realllly long time.

A lot of the easter eggs like Megg and the grunts I've actually never gone for, just seen videos. Will be fun to finally go hunting for them.

Thank god there's no Warthog jump-related ones or T2T.

I think Silent Cartographer might be easiest for no jumping, honestly. As long as it's reading it as jumping button inputs and not freefall time, you can go to the unlocking room first, walk off the cutscene platform in the Zealot hall into the overshield and then exit like usual.

My posts get eaten up and ignored too quickly in the Destiny thread - Do any of my fellow HaloGAF guys play Destiny on the 360? I want people to raid with :(

Fuchsdh

I think Silent Cartographer might be easiest for no jumping, honestly. As long as it's reading it as jumping button inputs and not freefall time, you can go to the unlocking room first, walk off the cutscene platform in the Zealot hall into the overshield and then exit like usual.

Well, what missions can you actually do this on? Pillar of Autumn has the required jump after training, and on 343GS I think you're forced to jump the lip with the Needler crystal ammo under it, so impossible on this one. I can't think of any other required jumps, although certain segments (like the Hunters in T&R) would probably be a total pain without some air.

My posts get eaten up and ignored too quickly in the Destiny thread - Do any of my fellow HaloGAF guys play Destiny on the 360? I want people to raid with :(

giphy.gif

Well, what missions can you actually do this on? Pillar of Autumn has the required jump after training, and on 343GS I think you're forced to jump the lip with the Needler crystal ammo under it, so impossible on this one. I can't think of any other required jumps, although certain segments (like the Hunters in T&R) would probably be a total pain without some air.

Silent cartogropher. No jumping required.

Impala26

Know the feels, the main Destiny GAF thread is pretty horrid for any actual recruiting like that especially for the folks playing on last gen consoles. I actually do play on 360 (the little time I have to play), but I'm nowhere near Raid-ready yet. I'd say feel free to add me as I hope to play the Raid EVENTUALLY.

My GT is the same as my username here, Impala26.

For more expedited help, I'd seek out the the Destiny GAF (make a new thread looking for 360 players) or Destiny 360 groups on the B.net forums. Met a few players that way already.

EDIT: Correction: The Group on B.net is specifically named "Destiny X360".

Impala26

I gotta think that either Halo or Truth & Reconciliation would be the easiest for that Achievement. The only issue I'd see on T&R is dealing with Hunters, and that's why I'd lean to Halo. I feel like attempting it on any Flood level whatsoever would be torturous.

I gotta think that either Halo or Truth & Reconciliation would be the easiest for that Achievement. The only issue I'd see on T&R is dealing with Hunters, and that's why I'd lean to Halo. I feel like attempting it on any Flood level whatsoever would be torturous.

Truth and Reconcilliation is shorter than Halo. The hunters are easy? Pistol rounds aplenty. Heck, you can even just run past them, brah.

Yeah I have no idea what that reaction is supposed to portray.

Threatening look. Was sarcasm.

EDIT: DOH! I meant Silent Cartographer...not T&R

NOKYARD

Whole game can be played without jumping!

Before everyone shouts "There! He jumped there!", all of his tricks have been verified.

Impala26

Truth and Reconcilliation is shorter than Halo. The hunters are easy? Pistol rounds aplenty. Heck, you can even just run past them, brah.

Wait, I thought part of what made T&R difficult was that you start with an AR and Sniper... I thought the God-Pistol wasn't actually present in that level.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
What multiplayer mode/map/settings is everyone looking forward to in MCC?

I'll start it off:

HCE: 2v2 slayer on damnation, AR/pistol start
H2: 4v4 Slayer or 4v4 CTF on Sanctuary, BR start, no secondary, no duels on map.
H2: 4v4 oddball on Middy, BR start, no secondary, no duels on map.

Know the feels, the main Destiny GAF thread is pretty horrid for any actual recruiting like that especially for the folks playing on last gen consoles. I actually do play on 360 (the little time I have to play), but I'm nowhere near Raid-ready yet. I'd say feel free to add me as I hope to play the Raid EVENTUALLY.

My GT is the same as my username here, Impala26.

For more expedited help, I'd seek out the the Destiny GAF (make a new thread looking for 360 players) or Destiny 360 groups on the B.net forums. Met a few players that way already.

EDIT: Correction: The Group on B.net is specifically named "Destiny X360".

I'll check that out and try to remember to friend you when I get off work in couple hours. Thanks.

GamesTM said:
Halo 5 plot...
hunt Master Chief down after he goes rogue following the events of Halo 4. Chief is pursuing the traitorous Dr. Halsey– the women responsible for creating the Spartans and Cortana—in the hopes that she can restore Cortana to her former working parameters (the AI is, after all, modeled on Halsey herself)
Oh man, I hope she stifles a laugh and says "Awh bless".
function f_motto_generator()

if simpler == better then​
generate_first_motto();​

elseif simpler ~= better then​
generate_complex_motto();​
end​

end
I always suspected Halo was written in Matlab.

Achievement list looks grand.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm going to miss the two for one medal. It really felt great when I finally got that achievement a month before Halo 4 was released. Then again I used to make a point of not letting any allies die on Legendary in every game so I'm probably just insane.

I applaud the person who actually gets all 4000 gs, they deserve every Halo ever for free for life.
This is gonna be fun

Diabolical

It would be interesting to see a new cortana AI to compete against the new ONI's AI but not the same Cortana even if the plot manages to restore her.
Will the new AI fall in love with Chiefs nipple though? That's the burning question.

You're avatar is no longer a lie

King Leo

Neo Member
I love how they are making all the little tricks & easter eggs into achievements. There's a few missing.. the pelican ride on Metropolis, the invincible hog on Outskirts, Not sid was here, Why am I here, the gargoyle of Backwash, etc. But overall, it is amazing. They have really outdone themselves with this list.

Top Bottom