• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

pacman85

Hey guys my buddy and I tried to sort the achievements by mission on each game on his website. This was quick and dirty and we are not sure some of the achievements are in the right place (would love some input on this) but it is at least interesting to look at just to see how many achievements you can get per mission per game. Also, we left the ones we had no idea about at the bottom of the "Non Mission Specific" section at the end of each game section. What do you all think?
http://default404.com/hmccAchievements.html

-Ryn

Banned
Hey guys my buddy and I tried to sort the achievements by mission on each game on his website. This was quick and dirty and we are not sure some of the achievements are in the right place (would love some input on this) but it is at least interesting to look at just to see how many achievements you can get per mission per game. Also, we left the ones we had no idea about at the bottom of the "Non Mission Specific" section at the end of each game section. What do you all think?
Nice guide.
Very thorough.

HTupolev

It still blows my mind that "how pedestrian" is on the level Halo. AotCR legendary such an obvious choice for that sort of challenge... right now it's an inelegant grenade jump achievement.

although certain segments (like the Hunters in T&R) would probably be a total pain without some air.
Hunters on T&R are always more or less isolated from other enemies. They should be a piece of cake.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the achievements list. Looks awesome. Can't wait for this gammmmeeeeeee

I love you sir. This is what I needed.

klodeckel

Banned
7o0vx7a.png

http://twitter.com/DMC_Ryan/status/520680345189224449

BigShow36

There's no other option lol.

Actually, default slayer settings had you spawning with the PP on Blood Gulch. Knowing Bungie/343, it's a legitimate question. The game is also going to be pretty poor if radar is on, not to mention the only matchmaking option is 4v4.

I'm getting less and less likely to make this purchase, as much as it pains me. All I care about is CE online, at that seems to be the one most prone to failure in terms of netcode, matchmaking playlists and settings.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It might be shocking for your conception of the world, but "english" is not the only spoken language on our planet ;)

Und gerade deswegen kann ich sowohl meine Muttersprache als auch deine Sprache halbwegs flüssig :)
WHAT IS THIS?

WHY MAKE UN-ENGLISH WORDS?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Fuchsdh

I can't believe they actually made their Different Way To Campaign into achievements in MCC.

The Pedestrian (Tsavo Highway and The Ark on foot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYG8u_QQebk&list=PL0B79B0FFD321326D&index=9

I think they did a solid job of putting some of those DWTC challenges into achievements, because for me they're the right kind of ones to have, especially for a "retrospective" game like Master Chief Collection. Something that makes you play a different style, moreso than something that's "challenging" only for being esoteric or relying on luck.

pacman85

Nice guide.
Very thorough.
Thanks, we did this to kinda roadmap out how we are going to play through all of the campaigns and I figured I would share it if anyone else wants to use it. If we get any answers I will have my buddy update his site. (default404.com/hmccAchievements.html). Here are the achievements on each game we weren't sure which mission they applied to (or if they should stay in the non mission specific section, any input is appreciated):

Halo CE
5G My Buddy Chips: Halo CE: Fight alongside Chips Dubbo and listen to his words of wisdom
5G No Smoking: Halo CE: Disapprovingly look at Captain Keyes' abandoned pipe
5G Madrigal Debut: Halo CE: Trigger a hidden music cue in Halo:CE
Halo 2
5G Siege of Ivory Tower: Halo 2: Listen to a hidden music cue in Halo 2
5G THE Chips Dubbo?: Halo 2: Fight alongside the legendary Chips Dubbo and listen to his words
5G HI BEN: Halo 2: Oh, hi!
Halo 3
5G Dirge of Madrigal: Halo 3: Listen to a hidden music cue in Halo 3.
5G Primate: Halo 3: Find your first missing links.
5G Haplorrhini: Halo 3: Find a lonely missing link.
5G Can't Keep Him Down: Halo 3: Fight alongside and listen to The Man. The Legend. Chips Dubbo.
5G Flipyap: Halo 3: Listen to the tale of a young Grunt named Flipyap.
5G Heading to his Destiny: Halo 3: Destined for greatness.
5G Sounds Familiar: Halo 3: This stuff is your history!
5G Missing Link: Halo 3: Watching. Waiting. Plotting.
Halo 4
5G You're No Chips: Halo 4: What do Marines know about sticks?

singhr1

I think they did a solid job of putting some of those DWTC challenges into achievements, because for me they're the right kind of ones to have, especially for a "retrospective" game like Master Chief Collection. Something that makes you play a different style, moreso than something that's "challenging" only for being esoteric or relying on luck.

I know, and I am so excited that I'll get an achievement for doing them this time!

i am so hawt right nao
Actually, default slayer settings had you spawning with the PP on Blood Gulch. Knowing Bungie/343, it's a legitimate question. The game is also going to be pretty poor if radar is on, not to mention the only matchmaking option is 4v4.

I'm getting less and less likely to make this purchase, as much as it pains me. All I care about is CE online, at that seems to be the one most prone to failure in terms of netcode, matchmaking playlists and settings.
Feels like a legit question.

Playlist management of the Halo series has always been a wonder that regularly defies common sense.
Yeah I know about the PP starts, but there's no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that 343 will choose anything but AR/Pistol starts. This won't be a case of the SMG/AR starts during the launch of H2/H3/Reach.
.. hopefully.

This might be the one guarantee we can make about CE playlists.

Yeah it so awesome. They will be great fun solo or with others. I'm so happy they are focusing on achievements for single player. The achievements will hopefully show how diverse and flexible Halo is to those who just blow through them on easy/normal.

I use to hear that Halo was "too linear." Ironically it's one of the most open and dynamic "linear" games out there. That's what makes it special to me.

Yeah I know about the PP starts, but there's no way in H-E-double hockey sticks that 343 will choose anything but AR/Pistol starts. This won't be a case of the SMG/AR starts during the launch of H2/H3/Reach.
.. hopefully.

This might be the one guarantee we can make about CE playlists.
During the launch of those games? There's going to be SMG starts in halo 2 ranked in 2014.

During the launch of those games? There's going to be SMG starts in halo 2 ranked in 2014.
wut. Where the hell have I been?!

Whatever I said, take it back and be worried. Be very worried. Frankie, what the hell is going on..?! If you don't make AR/Pistol starts, Ragnarok Flames will throw 343 into the Sun. Do not get 343 thrown into the Sun.

That is all.

-Ryn

Banned
Guess who is the one to draw you there bro.

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!!!
Well shit... at least I know she's a chick though.
Really though I still don't get what the end of that game meant. So many questions.

Thanks, we did this to kinda roadmap out how we are going to play through all of the campaigns and I figured I would share it if anyone else wants to use it. If we get any answers I will have my buddy update his site. (default404.com/hmccAchievements.html). Here are the achievements on each game we weren't sure which mission they applied to (or if they should stay in the non mission specific section, any input is appreciated):

Halo CE
5G My Buddy Chips: Halo CE: Fight alongside Chips Dubbo and listen to his words of wisdom
Halo 2
5G THE Chips Dubbo?: Halo 2: Fight alongside the legendary Chips Dubbo and listen to his words
Halo 3
5G Can't Keep Him Down: Halo 3: Fight alongside and listen to The Man. The Legend. Chips Dubbo.
Halo 4
The help is appreciated dude. Thanks.

It might be shocking for your conception of the world, but "english" is not the only spoken language on our planet ;)

Und gerade deswegen kann ich sowohl meine Muttersprache als auch deine Sprache halbwegs flüssig :)
Sollte das jetzt lustig sein? Leute wie du typisieren und bestätigen genau die Klischees eines Amerikaners. Stimmt selbstverständlich nicht für alle.
iYHSwMC.gif

You're joking right?

wut. Where the hell have I been?!

Whatever I said, take it back and be worried. Be very worried. Frankie, what the hell is going on..?! If you don't make AR/Pistol starts, Ragnarok Flames will throw 343 into the Sun. Do not get 343 thrown into the Sun.

That is all.
Well Bungie plans on doing it eventually. Maybe they are trying to save them the trouble

Random17

Did I miss the * on the achievements but what are the par times?

This is easily the best set of achievements for any Halo game so far. Some recognition for speedrunning/LASO is always appreciated, but I feel sorry for the 100%ers.

There were plentiful glitches/easter eggs that they could have also added as achievements, for example the aforementioned Control Room set of glitches, or even achievements for "Vacations", e.g. the Outskirts rooftop jumping course. Oh well!

I hope the LASO playlists don't have every level with all skulls on... Just a few...

Wat? :D

Sollte das jetzt lustig sein? Leute wie du typisieren und bestätigen genau die Klischees eines Amerikaners. Stimmt selbstverständlich nicht für alle.
It's funny that you typecasting the typical angry German with that post...

Cow

These achievements are great. Can't believe the amount of content we're getting. It's real and it's only a month away.

Fuchsdh

Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 4

Keyes' pipe is on "Keyes"; Halo 3's Seige of Madrigal is on "Covenant", The Ivory Tower cue is on the multiplayer map; and the Seige of Madrigal in CE is "Assault on the Control Room". Those are the ones I know off the top of my head. Oh, and one of the primates in Halo 3 is "Sierra 117".

Akai__

I wonder if LASO is actually Halo Reach's LASO, which would mean you don't need the Blind Skull?

I'm kinda scared of Halo 2 LASO. I will probably never make it out of the 1st room in the Gravemind mission. That is already difficult enough on Legendary. We'll see how that will work. :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if LASO is actually Halo Reach's LASO, which would mean you don't need the Blind Skull?

I'm kinda scared of Halo 2 LASO. I will probably never make it out of the 1st room in the Gravemind mission. That is already difficult enough on Legendary. We'll see how that will work. :/
Yeah, I don't know if I'll ever get that one. I'm looking forward to trying every so often for the rest of the current console generation, though. :)

Random17

Halo 2 LASO may not be as hard as people think, especially if the permanent invisibility glitch still works.

Even without the glitch 30 skulls might even make the game easier, especially with efficient uses of MC's camo with Envy.

E.g. Catch Skull in Halo 4 makes the Campaign easier because the Prometheans spend less time shooting at you and more time throwing useless Pulse grenades.

Madness

Imagine they tied some special set of armor to people who get the LASO achievement. There will be so many people upset, trying to boost or glitch their way through.

Welfare

If 343 says LASO, it better be ALL skulls. Have 2 different stats on each profile, "Highest numbers of skulls used to complete a mission while on Legendary", and "LASO".

Top Bottom