• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Random17

Even then it's still tough, doubt many will still be able to do it, look how many never even attempted vidmaster for recon.

It's crazy though, this game will revitalize the speedrun community so much.
Yes, but they have been doing a pretty damn good job in the past year. Monopoli's AGDQ run was the beginning of a golden age and the achievement list only bolsters this.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
function f_motto_generator();
;;;;
if simpler == better then​
;
g;;e;nerate_f;irst_;;motto();​
;

elseif s;;im;ler ~= bette; ;hen[/;INDENT]
[IND;NT]gen;erate_comp;lex;_motto;);;
;;;
;end​

;
;;;;;;;
;
;
;;
;
;

You forgot a few semicolons, you're welcome​

Fuchsdh

Didn't realize it, but the par time achievements are pretty much all references to speedrunners. And I believe the LASO references Tyrant and Naked Eli. Very cool shoutouts from 343.

Random17

Didn't realize it, but the par time achievements are pretty much all references to speedrunners. And I believe the LASO references Tyrant and Naked Eli. Very cool shoutouts from 343.

Furthermore:

"Any title marked with an asterisk* denotes an Achievement that ties into Halo: The Master Chief Collection's new Leaderboards system, which 343 tells us they'll reveal new details on soon. "

Sounds like speedrun times are about to become official!

Furthermore:

"Any title marked with an asterisk* denotes an Achievement that ties into Halo: The Master Chief Collection's new Leaderboards system, which 343 tells us they'll reveal new details on soon. "

Cant wait to get top for a few hours before everyone else gets the game.

Fuchsdh

Yup, I'm from NZ as well and I want to take advantage of this.

Also noticed some other funny ones:

"No Smoking
Halo CE: Disapprovingly look at Captain Keyes' abandoned pipe.
"

<lore nerd>

Actually, Keyes never smoked the pipe, it was a family heirloom...

</lore nerd>

Random17

<lore nerd>

Actually, Keyes never smoked the pipe, it was a family heirloom...

</lore nerd>

<lore nerd>

Pretty sure he broke UNSC protocol by doing so...

/<lore nerd>

Edit: I do have one query about the achievements that is worrying me; if we get the Legendary completion achievement, do we get the Easy/Heroic ones as well by default? I don't play Easy difficulty anymore, it's pretty boring.

Edit2: "Skulltaker Halo 2: IWHBYD
Halo 2: Find and claim the IWHBYD Skull."

This is only 5G... does that mean the act of initially picking up the skull unlocks it, or do we have to fight the waves of Ultras to get this achievement? If it is the latter, it is most certainly not worth 5G without Camo!

Edit3: The more I see, the more I like. I know Bungie had a fascination with Chips Dubbo, but he seems to have gotten quite a few mentions in this list! The tradition continues...

Edit4: Halo 2: Collect the Librarian toy in Uprising. HOLY SHIT. How did I miss this one? I don't remember this in Halo 2... new easter egg perhaps? I remember the Master Chief toy, but not this one!

There is a literal goldmine in this achievement list, wow. ->
Toybox
Halo 2: Collect all eight Halo toys.

-Ryn

Banned
Imagine they tied some special set of armor to people who get the LASO achievement. There will be so many people upset, trying to boost or glitch their way through.
All of the frustrated tears... yes... YES!

Seriously though I love actual rewards for incredible feats and I think this is worthy of it. People who are upset they don't have it should learn to deal or somehow do it.

Obviously ... ;)
Oh you

Cow

Imagine they tied some special set of armor to people who get the LASO achievement. There will be so many people upset, trying to boost or glitch their way through.

This needs to happen. A version of Recon in MM for each Halo game. Or warthogs become gold when you drive them.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Furthermore:

That is so awesome.

Mix

These achievements are amazing. The only one I'm not a fan of is the 4 players on one xbox. I'll be able to do it working at Gamestop and all (just check out two controllers, I already have two) and return them afterwords.

I'm so hyped guys seriously.

Mix

I'm going to be crazy and aim for all 4000 gamerscore. I think that if I try hard enough it can be done. Really, the only hard ones are going to be the LASO ones, but even those shouldn't be anything more than time consuming.

Omni

Not even going to bother with the LASO achievements. I have enough trouble getting through Gravemind on vanilla Legendary

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not even going to bother with the LASO achievements. I have enough trouble getting through Gravemind on vanilla Legendary
We've got years to play this, though. It could be fun to go for it every few weeks / months, especially if the co-op net code turns out to be solid.

Still have to mop up a few in Halo 4. Have a lot of work to do in Halo Wars. Haven't even started Spartan Assault.

I've completed every other Halo game including H2V. Hoping to do the same for MCC.

JDHarbs

It comes up in Action Sack. Let me know if you want to try for them sometime.
How often does it show up for voting in Action Sack? I've never tried. I still need the Mission 4 achievement too, but I'm pretty sure that is tough to do solo and co-op lag makes things harder.

FyreWulff

LASO technically makes Halo 2 easier because you can charge to full overshields and give Chief cloak..

Even moreso with the infinite cloak glitch

How often does it show up for voting in Action Sack? I've never tried. I still need the Mission 4 achievement too, but I'm pretty sure that is tough to do solo and co-op lag makes things harder.

I'm not sure. I'm in the same boat with one or two campaign ones left too.

LASO technically makes Halo 2 easier because you can charge to full overshields and give Chief cloak..

Even moreso with the infinite cloak glitch

I expect it to be all "core" skulls such as iron, black eye, etc and not the ones that make things easier. It says LASO playlist so I assume you have to go through the playlist instead of doing it through the traditional lobby.

Welfare

Wait, I just checked Halo 4's playlists on Waypoint, when the hell did Team Objective become available? Is that a rotational playlist, or is it permanent?

FyreWulff

I'm not sure. I'm in the same boat with one or two campaign ones left too.

I expect it to be all "core" skulls such as iron, black eye, etc and not the ones that make things easier. It says LASO playlist so I assume you have to go through the playlist instead of doing it through the traditional lobby.

Black Eye and Envy are the two I mentioned, so they're core.

Madness

I'm not necessarily crazy about the playlists, but I bet they're going to be analyzing the data like crazy, seeing what maps are voted for, what gametypes, what is more popular and switch it up.

Omni

I can't do it. Played a game of Halo 4 and quit half way through.

The combination of the Xbox 360 controller feeling so cheap in contrast to the Xbox One's, lag, camo sniping and that one awful map that I can't remember the name of in CTF... just awful.

I can't do it. Played a game of Halo 4 and quit half way through.

The combination of the Xbox 360 controller feeling so cheap in contrast to the Xbox One's, lag, camo sniping and that one awful map that I can't remember the name of in CTF... just awful.

It's only bad because you're not playing with biggy and me.

I need to pick up a second Xbone before Halo comes out, so that I can play on my monitor so the missus won't complain when I take over the TV every night. Need the cheapest possible deal in the UK?

Anyone know of any going on at the moment?

Madness

I need to pick up a second Xbone before Halo comes out, so that I can play on my monitor so the missus won't complain when I take over the TV every night. Need the cheapest possible deal in the UK?

Don't know what is considered a good deal across the pond for you guys, but this was apparently a hot deal yesterday?

http://www.simplygames.com/search?pid=40015,40001,20513,40029,40030,40031,19959,20622

http://m.hotukdeals.com/tag/xbox-one?mforwarded=true

Alternatively, keep an eye on the second link for deals I guess?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I'm in the same boat actually, except I just don't want to play on my big TV haha.

I think I'm going to get the white Sunset Overdrive bundle, game looks awesome. Two birds, one stone.

Top Bottom