• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yup, the concert was freaking amazing.

I am hoping that we get a PS3 version of the Miku Arcade game, I would buy it in a freaking heartbeat.
That it was! I was really happy to be there and see it in person.

Isn't the arcade game just Dreamy Theater with more songs though?

Sylver said:
Well they rectified, but I don't think the first one was as bad as people said. XD
First US One

Second US One:
Also had this one in the AX Program book thingy:
yiAQvl.jpg

KyteTron said:
Stop unintentionally rubbing it in. :(
Let me do it intentionally then!
KmtBhl.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
InfiniteNine said:

Yes, the concert was amazing. The backup band was godly, easily one of the best concerts I have experienced in my many years of attending Anime Expo.

Yeah, but I want my Miku games in HD. The graphics for the arcade version are so awesome.

InfiniteNine said:
KmtBhl.jpg

I got some of the best seats in the house, I know how you feel.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yes, the concert was amazing. The backup band was godly, easily one of the best concerts I have experienced in my many years of attending Anime Expo.
Yeah it really was a great experience! I didn't think there were much Miku fans actually there from all the people sitting but that didn't bring me down. The performance was just great. <3

Yeah, but I want my Miku games in HD. The graphics for the arcade version are so awesome
Dreamy Theater is HD! It's a Project Diva DLC PSP link-up for the PS3:
5AdUJ.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Luminate said:
Damn, I wanted to see that concert so bad...

Bring Miku to the east coast!

Could've sworn I heard a rumor that Miku may come to NY comic con/anime fest one year.. I'd totally go.

mehdi_san

InfiniteNine said:

Also had this one in the AX Program book thingy:
yiAQvl.jpg

KmtBhl.jpg
I haven't played the arcade version as much as the PSP version, but the gameplay is a bit different between the two. Arcade has multiple-button notes (ex: circle+triangle+square at the same time), which you can't do on the PSP. Also, it doesn't have press and hold notes from PD2. I'm sure songs and costumes are also different.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
KyteTron said:
To the two of you who went, were their enough for them to have her comeback next year? :D

The Mikunopolis concert sold out, being the first concert to completely sell out during Anime Expo. As one of the people behind Anime Expo, I could say with confidence that we could have easily had a second concert that would have sold out.

Crypton, Sega, and Toyota were very pleased with the Miku Concert during Anime Expo.

InfiniteNine said:
Yeah it really was a great experience! I didn't think there were much Miku fans actually there from all the people sitting but that didn't bring me down. The performance was just great. <3

The concert was one of the most energetic ones in a long time. It actually felt like a Japanese concert.

InfiniteNine said:
Dreamy Theater is HD! It's a Project Diva DLC PSP link-up for the PS3:
5AdUJ.jpg

I take that back, the Arcade Version looks miles ahead in terms of graphics.

Here is hoping we get a PS3 version

kiryogi

Banned
It's sad seeing those images of Miku in the promos, but she's so DFC in DT2/Diva2 D:

Hcoregamer00 said:
The Mikunopolis concert sold out, being the first concert to completely sell out during Anime Expo. As one of the people behind Anime Expo, I could say with confidence that we could have easily had a second concert that would have sold out.

Crypton, Sega, and Toyota were very pleased with the Miku Concert during Anime Expo.

That's good to hear! Im still curious what else Crypton has in stored for America.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I take that back, the Arcade Version looks miles ahead in terms of graphics.

Here is hoping we get a PS3 version
Uhh, did you even read the post you were replying to? Dreamy Theater is an add-on that basically runs the game with PSP mechanics, but on the PS3 using assets ripped from Arcade.

KyteTron

Banned
kiryogi said:
It's sad seeing those images of Miku in the promos, but she's so DFC in DT2/Diva2 D:

Her DFC is her charm point. <3

@Hcoregamer00: Sweet! I hope so. My only chance is going next year anyway, lol. Disappointed enough I missed Miyuki Sawashiro. :x

Luigi87

I need a job... I've been playing the demo of 2nd, never playing any of the Miku games before, and now I really wanna pre-order Extend...

I really wish Siliconera would stop calling it a re-release. There's nothing wrong with releasing a music game with a new songlist but an identical gameplay system to the previous entry in the series - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There's enough new stuff announced on Weekly Diva Station that it should at least have the same amount of new songs that 2nd did over the first game.

Wonko_C

I thought Extend was going to be just Project Diva 2nd with the previously released DLC songs added in. Why not call it Project Diva 3rd then? Has Sega released the song list yet?

I was kinda hoping that DT2nd was compatible with Extend but we'll probably see Dreamy Theater Extend next year, though it would be better as an add-on for DT2nd, and released quicker.

Wonko_C said:
I thought Extend was going to be just Project Diva 2nd with the previously released DLC songs added in. Why not call it Project Diva 3rd then? Has Sega released the song list yet?
See the two links I put up earlier. There's been plenty of song announcements, none of which are the currently available DLC.

This is just speculation, but I imagine the original 2.5 came from them wanting to put out more DLC than they did, but they found the load times for DLC started to get ridiculous the more you owned and they probably had to put out another game to optimize the DLC system better (and it doesn't help that the Japanese PS Store stopped existing for two months). It was also a subtle hint that there would be no gameplay system changes like there were between the first game and 2nd. IMO, the 2.5 name was a terrible idea since it has led to a lot of misconceptions, and Extend isn't terribly better in this regard...

Also note the very first post under the 2.5 tag:

&#12360;&#12387;&#65311;&#20309;&#12391;3rd&#12376;&#12419;&#12394;&#12356;&#12398;&#12363;&#12387;&#12390;&#65311;&#65311;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;&#12405;&#12405;&#12405;&#12405;&#12405;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;&#65288;&#65297;&#21495;&#65289;

There's a pre-order bonus CD that you might get if you order it from the right retailer. I hear AmiAmi is a good place to get it from.

Luigi87

Have they mentioned which Project Diva 2nd songs may return in Extend? (there will be some, right?)

I just find Vegetable Juice to be addicting..

KyteTron

Banned
StarCreator said:
There's a pre-order bonus CD that you might get if you order it from the right retailer. I hear AmiAmi is a good place to get it from.

I'm gonna take a guess it's Sekiranun Graffiti. Definitely worth it, thanks.

KyteTron said:
I'm gonna take a guess it's Sekiranun Graffiti. Definitely worth it, thanks.
Not sure, but Sekiranun Graffiti is actually getting released as a single (with Fallin' Fallin' Fallin') later this month. Already have it preordered.

Priz

Damnit, why can't this come out a week earlier? I'm planning on going to Japan from Oct. 28th (well, arrive the 27th, but going to be dead from the flight...) & return on Nov. 5th. I could pick it up for my friend...

I wonder how long after the PS Vita release will it take them to release a Project Diva game. It's the killer app!

I heard a rumor from a friend that the AX concert was due to sell out within the hour, so it caused me to pull the trigger and go to AX. My friends were upset that they got their tickets early Thursday night and got rows around 20-30 while since I couldn't get time off, I didn't get my ticket until Saturday morning and I was in the next section over, row 4.

Let's hope there's some motivation to do more Miku events in other places/during other events (San Francisco, New York, Seattle, etc.).

BTW, in San Francisco the last weekend of this month is the J-Pop Summit.
http://www.newpeopleworld.com/festival-2011/about/

Some of the Vocaloid creators who were also at Anime Expo will be there, and there will be some interesting events. I found out yesterday that someone is providing a Project Diva arcade machine at the event.

KyteTron

Banned
StarCreator said:
Not sure, but Sekiranun Graffiti is actually getting released as a single (with Fallin' Fallin' Fallin') later this month. Already have it preordered.

Oh, really? wonder if it's up on cdjapan.

And more info from that post regarding the Project DIVA 2nd re-release, translated by someone who can actually read it:

miyuki308 said:
Kaitoku edition gonna include all the modules from extend (so some 150 of them?) and some gameplay enchantment or something to make it easier to play. Not sure what they meant by that. There's gonna be an LE of the kaitoku edition that include stuffs to help you started on PJD Arcade (the arcade card, the card holder, some wipe cloth, and headphones) and that one's going for 6k yen.

I want that card holder tbh... Especially if it's not plastic. .-.

Edit: If anyone feel like copypasting that over to GAF, feel free. The admins there decided my ISP email look too junk or something and denied my membership a while ago. >_>

If I'm reading the date right, this new version of Project DIVA 2nd is coming on December 15th. The not-special edition is 3300 yen for the UMD, or 3000 yen for PSN download.

Articalys

Priz said:
BTW, in San Francisco the last weekend of this month is the J-Pop Summit.
http://www.newpeopleworld.com/festival-2011/about/

Some of the Vocaloid creators who were also at Anime Expo will be there, and there will be some interesting events. I found out yesterday that someone is providing a Project Diva arcade machine at the event.
Guess this is the best thread for this then.

rN8Qx.jpg

I was at the J-Pop Festival for both days, and Project Diva Arcade was very popular throughout the weekend -- a tad pricey though, as they were charging $1 per song. I had two rounds at it, both with Melody (normal then hard). I'm a big rhythm game fan (DDR, Beatmania, etc.) so it was a lot of fun. Game menus are really sleek and the graphics look great. Players ranged from complete novices to people that were playing Project Diva 2nd on their PSPs while waiting in line for the machine.

Incidentally, if you live near San Francisco Japantown, the machine will be staying at the New People store for anyone to play for another week or so (hopefully at a more reasonable price point).

A few observations/stories:
- They were stealth recording the age of players (at least for a bit). No idea why.
- They had hooked up a decent size HDTV to mirror the game display so bystanders could watch.
- I wasn't watching it the whole time, but while I was popular song choices included PoPiPo, Melt, Kokoro, Just Be Friends, and Ievan Polka.
- Multiple people in a row tried (and failed) to clear The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku on extreme before someone finally succeeded.
- Someone playing Cantarella swapped out Miku for Meiko and formal dress outfits for both her and Kaito. Someone else managed to swap out Kaito for Miku, turning the video into a duet with herself. On a completely different song (forget which), someone even swapped in catboy Kaito.
- Unfortunately, the cabinet didn't have the August song update, which is a shame since I really wanted to play Magnet.

Man, I wish one of the Bay Area Golflands would import a copy. Of course, it's even more niche than Technika, but still...

so there is no arrows in the arcade machine ?

i wish i could try it .

They were stealth recording the age of players (at least for a bit). No idea why.
To guess if they could expand them i find out what their public is . it seems pointless AM but it could be a good indicator .

Multiple people in a row tried (and failed) to clear The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku on extreme before someone finally succeeded.

i don't get the vid you've posted .. what with the red note during the last parts ? don't tell me i have to hit both notes at the same time ? ( that's EVIL lol )

Articalys

R_thanatos said:
so there is no arrows in the arcade machine ?

i wish i could try it .

To guess if they could expand them i find out what their public is . it seems pointless AM but it could be a good indicator .

i don't get the vid you've posted .. what with the red note during the last parts ? don't tell me i have to hit both notes at the same time ? ( that's EVIL lol )
Yep, those red notes have to be hit at the same time. There's even triples and quadruples. I guess that's a feature unique to the arcade version?

RurouniZel said:
Wait, succeeding is possible? For the life of me I'll never be able to clear that on extreme. >> <<

&#21021;&#38899;&#12511;&#12463;&#12398;&#28608;&#21809; (Hatsune Miku no geki shou ) is my goal on extreme , it doesn't help to see all those red stars when i check teh difficulty and the goddam dificult 3rd part ..

One day!!!! One day!!
for those intrested . ( hell starts at 1m40 )

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
R_thanatos said:
&#21021;&#38899;&#12511;&#12463;&#12398;&#28608;&#21809; (Hatsune Miku no geki shou ) is my goal on extreme , it doesn't help to see all those red stars when i check teh difficulty and the goddam dificult 3rd part ..

One day!!!! One day!!

for those intrested . ( hell starts at 1m40 )

Holy fuck. I'm not even gonna attempt that one! >>

Wonko_C

Articalys said:
- They were stealth recording the age of players (at least for a bit). No idea why.

Maybe they're gauging for a possible release of future Project Diva titles on America? (wishful thinking)

R_thanatos said:
HOW ? How many hand does the person playing has ?there are combo with 3 notes at the same times and i seem to have seen a 4 not combo ?

??? VERY CONFUSED ATM ??

You can hit more than one button with one hand. Same as in pop'n music.

R_thanatos said:
HOW ? How many hand does the person playing has ?there are combo with 3 notes at the same times and i seem to have seen a 4 not combo ?

??? VERY CONFUSED ATM ??
You do realize I linked two videos. The first actually shows the hand movements of the guy playing. I edited to add the second video because A) it was a better performance, B) you can't see or hear nearly as well in the first video.

Top Bottom