• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

R_thanatos said:
RurouniZel said:
R_thanatos said:
初音ミクの激唱 (Hatsune Miku no geki shou ) is my goal on extreme , it doesn't help to see all those red stars when i check teh difficulty and the goddam dificult 3rd part ..

One day!!!! One day!!

for those intrested . ( hell starts at 1m40 )
Holy fuck. I'm not even gonna attempt that one! >>
for info, the guy in that video didn't clear the song .( finished it but not enough fine & cool )
I linked this in the now-locked Project DIVA for PS3 thread already, but one guy already perfected Gekishou on Extreme:

projectdiva2nd1.png

He's probably working on cutting down the number of Fines now.

I've cleared it a couple of times (once on Dualshock 3, once on the arcade style controller) but only with a Standard.

EDIT: Oh hey, Weekly Diva Station update. Two modules for Miku. Second one is pretty cute. :3 Can't remember if it's one of the modules included in Dreamy Theater 2nd.

Luigi87

Ah neat, this is now the general discussion thread of the series.

Seeing the PD2nd re-release coming also makes me want to order that too, but... Financially I cannot.

Happy Birthday, Miku!

More updates from Weekly Diva Station:

An official YouTube channel has been launched here: http://www.youtube.com/user/pjdsega/

A video for Sekiranun Graffiti was posted, but I'm pretty sure it's the same one we saw floating around a month or so ago...

Also, details on the planned BD/DVD/CD release for MIKUNOPOLIS: http://mikunopolis.com/post/en/45/

It says planned for Japan only, but there's a poll on the official Hatsune Miku Facebook page asking if you want it released in your country: http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150779668430637/

If you don't feel like waiting to see if it'll get a release here, import preorders for the BD are up at Amazon.co.jp.

One more Weekly Diva Station update today (hopefully, I'm sick of editing that post above):

Looks like if you preorder the game at specific retailers, you'll get a DLC module of that store's uniform.

7-Eleven:

Lawson:

Family Mart:

Circle K:

Seriously tempted to switch my preorder from AmiAmi to 7-Eleven...

Hum ... i kinda want them but these modules are still simple ( in design ) so i'm not really tempted ..

had those been more agressive design or more complex designs ( like append , or the fox one ) i would be angry about these pre orders ...

Wonko_C

Wish I could learn Japanese faster. 1 and a half year of 3 hour a week lessons and I still feel like I know nothing. (as evidenced by not being able to understand anything from the WDS updates)

On a more positive note: I like this french PD site a lot, I haven't found english (or spanish) speaking sites dedicated to Project Diva like that. They post some cool Edit songs with preview videos on youtube and all that. Much more manageable to me than fumbling around loda.jp

StarCreator said:
Unless Dreamy Theater 2nd bombed horribly I imagine they'd just make a Dreamy Theater Extend down the line. Sega seems to have proven the fanbase will buy just about anything.

Well to be fair this item isn't much .. it's the same as buying a arcade stick for a fighting enthousiast ..what's more the product seemed to be solid and resistant .Having the pleasure of the arcade at home is a feelign i can understand.

For those who have dreamy theater 2nd , i have played more than 39 EDIT songs in PV ..yet i didn't get the trophy.. ( yes i save before i quit )

IS it :
-Because it was in playlist mode ?
-Because i only played 9+18 songs ( twice ) , so only 27 original songs ?
-Because of something else ?

Does anyone have this trophy ?

The Project DIVA controller was definitely an order of magnitude more expensive than an arcade stick - it was double the retail price and certainly cost a great deal more to ship overseas simply because of how large it is. Mine cost me $650, all things considered. In comparison, my imported Hori EX-SE only cost me $220 IIRC.

Playlists are fine for the 39 Edit PV trophy (tis how I earned mine), but it has to be 39 unique edits. If you don't have 39, you might be able to cheat it by playing them all, then copying them from the PSP again (overwriting them).

thanks ... i'll just put more songs into my Dreamy 2nd SET

Wonko_C said:
On a more positive note: I like this french PD site a lot, I haven't found english (or spanish) speaking sites dedicated to Project Diva like that. They post some cool Edit songs with preview videos on youtube and all that. Much more manageable to me than fumbling around loda.jp

the website is very good with accurate information but the EDIt they post are with the mp3.. for example i'm looking at luka
"The Floating Bridge of Dreams"

but i don't have the mp3 they used .. Given that this song exist in a short and long version i'm glad i found some files but i can't use them because i have no idea what is the right mp3 file used with it ... I really feel like these downloads are a wasted effort

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Man, I would kill for a Miku game to be released stateside. Loved the first one, just waiting for Extend to pick up the 2nd.

Luigi87

Would be awesome... Would save on import fees.

... Of course does Toyota actually have a hold on the Miku license, or something here? <.<

Luigi87 said:
Would be awesome... Would save on import fees.

... Of course does Toyota actually have a hold on the Miku license, or something here? <.<

I doubt Toyota would hold the publishing rights to any games. They licensed the likeness of Miku only...and then completely changed it...so what the fuck was the point then Toyota?!

RurouniZel

Unknown Soldier said:
I doubt Toyota would hold the publishing rights to any games. They licensed the likeness of Miku only...and then completely changed it...so what the fuck was the point then Toyota?!

To get otaku college kids to buy a Corolla. Obviously. Actually it was probably to get advertising at the concert or something, frankly the whole Toyota thing's been bizarre since the beginning.

Luigi87

Unknown Soldier said:

I really do find it difficult to think of a stranger ad campaign decision.

The official English Hatsune Miku Facebook page actually posed this question after the initial announcement that the BD/DVD/CD release of MIKUNOPOLIS was planned for Japan only. Like many things, nothing has come of it so far.

The poll is a little ruined by the fact that write-in answers are allowed.

Luigi87

I'm going to assume Zel meant chagrin, which doesn't make sense either, because Zel's wallet is most pleased to fork over funds for Miku's sake.

RurouniZel

Luigi87 said:
I'm going to assume Zel meant chagrin, which doesn't make sense either, because Zel's wallet is most pleased to fork over funds for Miku's sake.

Bah, sorry. I was in a hurry on my iPhone. >> And yes, my wallet likes spending money on Miku, but simultaneously hates being empty all the time. *sob*

Speaking of trophies... I just got the hidden trophy that involves 39 launches... but it's only been 37 days since the game released. Does the trophy not require the launches to be on different dates like it did for the first?

9/12 Weekly Diva Station update. Looks like the accessory set for extend has been announced. As with the previous accessory set, this is something that comes in a separate package and not with the game:

PSP%a5%d5%a5%ed%a5%f3%a5%c8%a5%ab%a5%d0%a1%bc.jpg

UMD%a5%b1%a1%bc%a5%b9.jpg

%b6%d2%c3%e5%a1%ca%c9%bd%a1%cb.jpg

%b6%d2%c3%e5%a1%ca%ce%a2%a1%cb.jpg

Also, looks like they've announced the September Project DIVA Arcade song update...

Poutches ?.. Well why not ?

It's really a shame they don't update dreamy theater the same way rock band updates their roster . the dlc Tab is there ..USE it Crypton !!

Hope they included higher difficulties this time around.

Article link doesn't work (looks like they're having technical issues) but you can still find the article by just going to the front page.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Was on the Sega stream during the Hatsune Miku time slot. There is another one at a later day so maybe we can see something new there.

Deeku

Not sure if I'm getting this yet. I really hated how you had to use points to buy stuff in PD2. Ruined the game for me.

It was the opposite for me - I really hated the first game's "do this and you have a 5% chance of getting this unlock" system. Getting enough points to unlock everything was extremely trivial, especially after transferring over my fully unlocked save from the first game.

The only thing they could do that would make me really happy is to have the Extreme difficulty unlocked for each song right off the bat, instead of forcing me to play through Normal and Hard first.

Deeku

Different strokes for different folks I guess! lol

I preferred the old way because I thought it was more fun/ challenging to do those tasks, and then be rewarded for it. Having to grind songs to accumulate money really put me off. And everything was damn expensive too!

Maybe it's because I play Extreme exclusively, but I never found myself exactly wanting for points... I generally had enough points to unlock stuff as it became available for purchase and I'm somewhere around a 2 million point surplus simply because I ran out of stuff to buy. I think the system does a good job of rewarding players for playing better without the element of randomness the first game relied on.

Deeku

Ohh ok, so you get more points at higher difficulty levels. I stopped playing after my first run through on normal because of the whole points thing, damn I'm an idiot.

Hmm, might get back into PD2 and finally get me some room items!

i farm my point on Hard , about 8k per song , it's more than enough to get what you want given that i already imported my PD1 save ( not many modules to unlock )..

and i also love the PD2 point system PD1 ( do this song 5 times , or get a perfect of hard with this song ) wasn't that appealing when the song is not my favorites

A SEGA Project mirai/Project DIVA extend presentation just wrapped up at TGS. Waiting to see if a recording of it shows up...

segatgs2011-miku1.jpg

Quick highlights - note I tuned in late and my Japanese comprehension is far from perfect, so all of this is unconfirmed:

• A bunch of videos demonstrating the games should be available on PSN starting 9/22.
  • Part of the Project DIVA 2nd opening video was shown, with new voice acting from Fujita/Shimoda/Asakawa added (the recording isn't finished yet). Looks like they want to put the completed video in extend.
  • Near the end of the presentation the producer of IDOLM@STER 2 barged in and showed off a video of the Hatsune Miku collaboration in their game:

segatgs2011-miku2.jpg

• Video was shown with the IDOLM@STER SP modules set to PJD2 DLC and songs from extend. It'll be available in extend without downloading (?)

Weekly Diva Station updates - mostly regurgitating info revealed at TGS:

9/21 Follow-up 1: Song roundup and announcements.
9/22 Follow-up 2: New modules.
9/22 Follow-up 3: The CM. YouTube link.

The song info is best summarized by miyuki:

miyuki308 said:
All DLC songs outside the iM@S ones are confirmed to be in extend.

New? (15)
- Uraomote Lovers / *Hello, Planet / SPiCa / Sekiranun Graffiti / Neko Mimi Switch / Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro / Starduster / Neko Mimi Switch
- Rin Rin Signal / Kodoku no Hate
- Palette / Luka Luka Night Fever
- Nayuta no Kanata Made
- Sennen no Dokusouka
- Boukyaku Shinchuu
= 15/36

DLC (8)
- Hatsune Miku no Shousitsu / StargazeR / Kogane no Seiya Sousetsu ni Kuchite / Anata no Utahime / Electric Angel / Time Limit
- Migikata no Chou
- Hoshikuzu Utopia
= 23/36

Arcade (3)
- melody...
- Iroha Uta
- Colorful x Sexy
= 26/36

2nd (6)
- Kocchi Muite Baby
- Yellow
- Colorful x Melody
- Hatsune Miku no Gekishou
- 2 more (bet you it's Miku Miku ni Site Ageru and Melt)
= 32/36

So... Only 4(+2) more unannounced songs left.

The Modules just revealed:

Just played the Extended TGS demo ..While an extremly short demo , it had potential ...

too bad about the old dlc reused in extend , even if they add new difficulty level to them , i wish they put more songs with "other modules", miku , luka , rin , len are fine but more of kaito & others would have been cool to "extend" the library ...

Top Bottom