• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

9/27 Weekly Diva Station update. It basically says they're happy they've gotten over 10,000 followers on Twitter and they're giving stuff away in celebration... including the super-creepy shirt #1 was wearing at TGS:

kifurushiteyanyo.jpg

Just a quick reminder , i installed the extend demo , and when i launched Diva 2nd i got .... EXTRA SONGS ? why did i found out only today ?

EDIT : i cheked my save but it seems i just got a really weird bug.. i got 2 songs & 1 costumes from the JPN PSN , and while booting DIva 2nd told me that it couldn't load my dlc .. And now it's showing Everything EXCEPT what i've bought ..

so i have every other song ( all difficulties ) & and every module ( even the idolmaster ones ) unlocked BUT my stuff ( my purchased songs )..this is kinda weird .

i've tried them all ( modules with regular songs ) , dlc songs too and they are working fine ... i dunno what to say ...

the game can't load my purchases so it's showing me everything else ....

That's... really strange. I don't even see how it's possible as the data for those songs/modules shouldn't be in the UMD at all so I have no idea where the game is even getting the information for them. I assume they're playable?

yep everything is playable

i think all the data went when i installed the regular dlc songs ( everything seems to be in the package + 1 key per song )

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Wonko_C said:
The full one is even funnier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcfC7PCneQ

"It was all high-pitched like this" always gets me.

Either some of the kids are really smart for their age, or maybe they just copy everything from TV.

OMG the little Asian girl made me laugh so hard..

Man: "Now you know this kind of technology exist, what do you think will come next?"

Little Girl: "A real person?"

StarCreator said:
... do they really expect me to buy 20 copies of the game to get all the bonuses?

Um...you're not much of a Project Diva fan, are you? Of course they do.

/sarcasm (maybe)

...Why does the AmiAmi pre-order have to be so underwhelming? *Sigh*

Is there actually any way to get any of the other pre-order bonuses - bar AmiAmi and CD Japan? I can't even work out what the CD Japan one is meant to be since they just use the generic "charm goods" description.

Domstercool

I'm going to buy this one. I've never owned a Project Diva game, but after seeing the PS3 Dreamy Theatre 2nd, I want to play it!

I wish you could play Dreamy Theatre 2nd without the 2nd PSP Game, can't seem to find it for normal price anymore :(

She's available right now. 300 yen, 1502 KB download. She's for Project DIVA 2nd, since the ANN article doesn't make that clear.

EDIT: Just tried her out. She is coded as a costume for Miku, so she will reflect Miku's mood and use her result screen voice. Totally forgot to check the Dreamy Theater 2nd DLC section to see if Teto was added there too, will do that tomorrow.

Also, since this gave me a reason to turn my PSP on... didn't notice any change of behavior in PJD2 as a result of the extend TGS demo being present.

EDIT2: 10/11 Weekly Diva Station update announces what we already know, but there's a whole bunch of screenshots of the module in action. Doesn't look like she's available for Dreamy Theater 2nd, unless I'm completely missing it.

StarCreator said:
Also, since this gave me a reason to turn my PSP on... didn't notice any change of behavior in PJD2 as a result of the extend TGS demo being present.
i though i edited that part ... my dlc issue was a result of a bug i found that make PD2 load the dlc i haven't intead of the one i bought..nothing else.
i found out this bug when i writed the license file with the TGS demo and i tought it was the tgs demo at work .. it's not ..

My first reaction was : oh the tgs demo added something , and then i realised that i was lucky ( i can still reproduce this bug whenever i want )

Though if things worked the way you describe, then by that logic I should have none of the DLC available to me with extend present (since I own it all). I still don't understand how you can even play DLC you haven't downloaded, since supposedly all the data for the DLC is actually in the download...

StarCreator said:
10/14 Weekly Diva Station updates:

Trailer and new gameplay videos. Also on YouTube: 1 2 3

Some details on the forthcoming MIKUNOPOLIS and Project DIVA extend complete soundtrack releases:

http://miku.sega.jp/info/public/image/miku/uploader.cgi/BD.jpg[img]

[img]http://miku.sega.jp/info/public/image/miku/201110/CD_BOX.jpg[img]
[img]http://miku.sega.jp/info/public/image/miku/uploader.cgi/calendar.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Sorry ... any word on the price ?

Razlo said:
Will Diva 2nd work with any of the already released Dreamy Theaters?
Dreamy Theater (the first) only works with Project DIVA (the first).

Dreamy Theater 2nd only works with Project DIVA 2nd.

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Stick my head in the door to say thanks guys for updating this thread.

Was going to pass on extend until I saw the pv for ura omote lovers... my poor wallet indeed T_T.

Some general Vocaloid news from NYCC - the existence of an English Kaito voicebank (still a work in progress) was revealed with a short audio clip demonstrating what they have so far. There was also a sample of the forthcoming English Miku voicebank.

One Ok Rock said:
Stick my head in the door to say thanks guys for updating this thread.

Was going to pass on extend until I saw the pv for ura omote lovers... my poor wallet indeed T_T.
That Pv is really good ... it's so miles ahead of what they did with the diva 1 dlc .. i expect the same level of improvement with the others songs

To be honest, the DIVA 1st DLC wasn't that bad considering what they had to work with. The first game's edit system was really, really limited.

Weekly Diva Station updates:

10/18: More information on Project DIVA Arcade ver.A Rev.3.

10/19: Info about the upcoming (as in next week) Project DIVA Arcade Original Song Collection vol.2 CD.

Some more song/module information for extend has surfaced via Famitsu. Expert analysis by miyuki as usual:

miyuki308 said:
Ahhhhh so that doriko illust is for Uta ni Katachi wa Nai Keredo.

YES TSUGAIKOGARASHI CONFIRMED!

That Len IS Para-dichlorobenenze! Just look up the song with the original PV.

Dang, doesn't seem like the Tamura Hiro modules are for any songs so far.

I'm back after an almost week-long vacation. Did you miss me?

*crickets*

Anyway, here's the Weekly Diva Station updates since my last post:

10/20: Showing off new modules for extend, which may or may not be the ones seen in Famitsu recently:

kaito_shigure.jpg.jpg
meichan_momiji.jpg.jpg
mikusan_pacth.jpg.jpg
mikusan_majishifuku.jpg.jpg
lenkyun_dark.jpg.jpg
lenkyun_majiwafuku.jpg.jpg
rinchan_majiwafuku.jpg.jpg

10/20: new song announcements and accompanying videos for extend: Puzzle, Parajikurorobenzen, and Uta ni katachi wanaikeredo.

10/22: a free wallpaper commemorating Good Smile Racing's win at the Super GT, and what looks like a scale car model of the winning vehicle.

10/24: more modules for Arcade ver.A Rev.3.

10/25: more stuff about Arcade, including a trailer.

Also, I'm hearing a new extend demo is out now, with a lot more songs playable than the last one.

Wonko_C

Here we are... lurking, but here we are. (stalker face)

I saw the demo earlier on the PS Store but I thought it was the same as before, I'll go check it ASAP!

Those are some nice looking modules.

I should try out the new demo for Extend. I'm not sure that there's enough new music to justify me getting it, but maybe the demo will change my mind.

I'm fairly certain everything we're seeing now is stuff that will be in the game. We didn't hear anything about what kind of DLC Project DIVA 2nd was going to get until they actually started releasing them.

Deeku

hosannainexcelsis said:
Those are some nice looking modules.

I should try out the new demo for Extend. I'm not sure that there's enough new music to justify me getting it, but maybe the demo will change my mind.
Yeah, still not sure if I'm getting this. I'd rather put the money towards one more Vita game. But I'll definitely check out the demo.

Top Bottom