• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

yyr

for most of its life, Project Diva was about very strict timing and precise button presses

Yeah, I have to say that I definitely disagree with this assessment. Granted, I never played the first game, but from 2nd onward, the COOL window's always been fairly large, and even just keeping a combo gets you a "PERFECT" rating regardless of your COOL count. I think those, combined with the overall easier difficulty compared to other music games, is enough evidence that this is a fairly casual game as far as timing.
The fact that the star notes have even less strict requirements than other notes (just swipe madly and you get to keep your combo going) mean that if you don't like them, you can just BS your way through them. Essentially, you can ignore them if you want to.

Really, though, I think the star notes serve two purposes: to take some sort of advantage of the Vita hardware, as many early games tend to do, and to add some sort of new depth to the series. Personally, I think it totally works at both of these, and having to switch between buttons and touch--sometimes on VERY short notice--adds a bit of challenge that wasn't there before.
You can't have game after game of the exact same gameplay with no changes. It'll get very stale unless it has something else. Example: IIDX hasn't changed at all, but its sheer difficulty along with the great music is what keeps gamers coming back. This game doesn't have difficulty going for it, so they need to innovate a bit...this was an attempt at that.

And in terms of the mini controller, what is the size relatable to?

The design very much reminds me of their Fighting Stick line of joysticks...which is to say, their budget line. The Real Arcade Pro series is much larger and uses real arcade-grade parts. I would expect the mini controller to be just a tad larger than a typical Hori Fighting Stick...which is why I'm not sure I think it's worth the price tag. But it is what it is...

Yes Boss!

Amazon.jp updated their image for the baby stick. Nice and thick profile and bubble buttons like the big brother.

6131fjNKviL_AA1500_.jpg

Wonko_C

12/11 Weekly Diva Station update: song updates for Arcade Revision B. See the trailer. Still wish there was a way to play this that didn't involve flying to Japan or other nearby Pacific islands.

I'm not surprised at World's End Dancehall not being like the PDf version at all but I was kinda hoping they emulated it somehow.

I want to hurry up and get rich, then buy the machine for myself. Which is why I'm trying to get good at affiliate marketing, so I can have a few thousand bucks to spare. (And get a nice, big room for arcade, pinball machines and a pool table... even then with a fraction of that money I could afford a trip to Japan, LOL.)

I'm not surprised at World's End Dancehall not being like the PDf version at all but I was kinda hoping they emulated it somehow.

I want to hurry up and get rich, then buy the machine for myself. Which is why I'm trying to get good at affiliate marketing, so I can have a few thousand bucks to spare. (And get a nice, big room for arcade, pinball machines and a pool table... even then with a fraction of that money I could afford a trip to Japan, LOL.)

That listing seems strange. I was fairly certain Project DIVA Arcade was leased, not available for outright purchase. Plus how would you even negotiate a link to DIVA.NET?

Wonko_C

That listing seems strange. I was fairly certain Project DIVA Arcade was leased, not available for outright purchase. Plus how would you even negotiate a link to DIVA.NET?

So it's not that simple then? I just googled "buy Project Diva Arcade machine" and after a few tries I came up with that site, which I bookmarked almost a year ago in hopes of using it someday. And for the DIVA.NET thing, I thought I only needed to connect the machine to the internet or something, never thought about it throughly.

Sorry I'm stealing your post, StarCreator. =P

12/12 Weekly Daily Diva Station update: New images from Project Diva F showing Tell Your World module. And some stuff (google translate is confusing) about the code to download the songs to the PS Vita version.

Don't forget the images! Click through for 1080p (!):

The deal on getting F (PS3) content on f (Vita): F contains 6 new songs and 13 new modules. This content will be made available as paid DLC for f - details forthcoming. If you purchase Project DIVA F, the first printing will include a code for Tell Your World and the Linkage module (above) for f as a gift. This will also be attached to your account automatically if you purchase the digital version between 3/7 and 4/14 (a 39 day range).

Thanks to duckroll and miyuki for clearing that up!

CAVE343

Awesome boxart!

Just got my copy for vita yesterday and I'm slowly unlocking the songs on normal. Although sometimes normal is a bit to fast for me, I think I have to get used to the timing. Awesome game so far!

yyr

That pic of the mini controller makes me want it more than I did before. It looks more like a smaller-sized version of the big controller and less like a Fighting Stick 3 than before, imo.

So it's not that simple then? I just googled "buy Project Diva Arcade machine" and after a few tries I came up with that site, which I bookmarked almost a year ago in hopes of using it someday. And for the DIVA.NET thing, I thought I only needed to connect the machine to the internet or something, never thought about it throughly.

Yeah, it's definitely not that simple. Platinum Crew access for the International version of Technika 2/3 is free of charge, but it's the only network that I know of that is...and you still have to get in touch with Pentavision Global and give them information off of your machine (MAC address and a software serial number). You will be unable to connect until you do this.

Konami's e-Amusement network, which provides data saving, unlocks, game content updates and other network-based features to...basically ALL of Konami's coin-op games in Asia, is on its own VPN. Konami charges arcades a monthly fee AFAIK to be able to access this VPN, but because access to the network is required for the above features, and they add a LOT of value to the games, it's pretty much a required expense. I can say from experience that once you play on a networked machine and get a taste of the features (for the music games: score saving, rival data, song unlocks and special events), you pretty much never want to play offline again. So...yeah. e-Amuse even has a payment system now...you can pay for your games by loading "PASELI" credits on your e-Amuse card, then swiping the card to start the game, logging in and paying with those credits rather than one of those old-fangled 100-yen coins.

Some cases are more extreme. I believe there's a version of Tekken Unlimited that does NOT do this, but I've heard that the original Japanese release of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was notorious for a new system where the game connected to their servers and every machine had its own account with a play counter. Every time a credit was used (or service, or free play, it didn't matter), the counter decreased by 1. If the counter reached 0, the game couldn't be played again until Namco Bandai was paid a certain amount to raise the counter back up. And if the game was offline, it couldn't be played at all.

I have no knowledge of what Sega does with their games, but even if it is possible to obtain the machine, I would not assume that you'll be able to play it. =(

Yes Boss!

That pic of the mini controller makes me want it more than I did before. It looks more like a smaller-sized version of the big controller and less like a Fighting Stick 3 than before, imo.

I'm duly impressed as well. It is not quite a cheap-of-the-line Hori but not quite as big (it seems) as one of their normal sticks. The price-point kinda places it there as well. Was surprised to see the bubble buttons as well. I'm a bit more excited for the mini than the big.

Luigi87

At long last I ordered Project Diva f (rather have f instead of F) from AmiAmi... Um, holy crap at the savings compared to getting it at Play-Asia. $59 CAD?... I wish I ordered games from AmiAmi sooner x.x

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
12/16 Weekly Diva Station update: announcing Snow Miku 2013!

snowmiku2013_logo.jpg

snowmiku2013_illust.jpg

Snow Miku 2013 modules will appear on both Project DIVA Arcade and Project DIVA f (Vita), in hooded and unhooded variants. Release date and other details for the f DLC to be determined.

Project DIVA Arcade modules:

diva_module_snowmiku2013_01.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_02.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_03.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_as01.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_as03.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_as02.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_twin01.jpg

diva_module_snowmiku2013_twin02.jpg

Project DIVA f modules:

divaf_yukimiku2013.jpg

divaf_yukimiku2013as.jpg

Streetcar (click through to article for more):

Holy fucking HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!1

*dies*

At long last I ordered Project Diva f (rather have f instead of F) from AmiAmi... Um, holy crap at the savings compared to getting it at Play-Asia. $59 CAD?... I wish I ordered games from AmiAmi sooner x.x

I actually did a double take at my total for the game and the mini controller. It was a savings of over $90 from Play Asia...

If all goes well, I'll be doing more business with them.

I actually did a double take at my total for the game and the mini controller. It was a savings of over $90 from Play Asia...

If all goes well, I'll be doing more business with them.

AmiAmi has always been fantastic to me...been doing business with them for nearly three years.

Just saw that price for ƒ on AmiAmi...haven't played any Project Diva game before but lurking this thread has got me interested.

Apparently this happened some time ago, but AmiAmi is now listing Project DIVA F with an exclusive pre-order bonus.

Looks like AmiAmi has it's own bonus, though I must confess I'm not sure what they mean by an "A4 Clear Case". The rubber strap (if that's what the last picture is) looks nice though. Think I might go for this.

Speaking of, I finally bit on Project Diva ƒ. Should arrive by late this week/early next week.

Looks like AmiAmi has it's own bonus, though I must confess I'm not sure what they mean by an "A4 Clear Case". The rubber strap (if that's what the last picture is) looks nice though. Think I might go for this.

It fits the previous pattern where they begin taking standard preorders first, then weeks later put up a second listing that includes an additional bonus, but also at additional cost. It's a bit unusual that we already know what this bonus is; it was months before we knew what the AmiAmi bonus for DIVA f was going to be.

A4 is a paper size: 210 by 297 millimetres (8.3 in × 11.7 in). So it's some sort of clear folder for approximately letter sized paper.

A4 is a paper size: 210 by 297 millimetres (8.3 in × 11.7 in). So it's some sort of clear folder for approximately letter sized paper.

Ah, that makes sense. Even though I have a big month right before that with Senran Kagura I think I'll go for it.

Thanks. :) Didn't know about this site.

You do have to pay up front (I believe), but definitely legit and trustworthy.

Now just waiting for my copy of ƒ to ship. Come on, EMS!

How many actual DLC songs am I missing out on by not being able to put my JP account on my vita? Is most the DLC just costumes?

Right now, there's only one DLC song, but after DIVA F comes out there will be at least 6 more.

Also, you're probably missing out on all the edit data stuff - never received confirmation that works outside JP PSN. If it doesn't, it makes some trophies unearnable.

Top Bottom