• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Top of page notice: first Project DIVA F (PS3) screens here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44877545&postcount=1644

Sucks to know that I will never be able to play that DLC, oh well atleast the physical copies are region free so it's better than nothing. Unless they consider making memory card switching process alot faster.

Don't call it quits on DLC yet if you're getting the PS3 one. All DLC from Project DIVA 2nd and extend made it to the accompanying Dreamy Theater releases (by having you download unlock codes for each DLC you owned on your PSN account).

Switching to my Japanese account only takes about 3 minutes tops; just have to be somewhere where I have Wi-Fi when I do it. It's not optimal but still infinitely preferable to the regioning scheme on the other handheld this gen.

Hmm I guess it's a different option then? Do you have to change outfits per song? Miku is wearing one I bought her in her room but the song outfits are still all default.

Yes, you have to change per song. Select the song in song select, then the left-most option on the pop-up menu.

Wonko_C

11/29 Weekly Diva Station update: basically a recap of everything we know from Famitsu about Project DIVA F already. Plus, the first direct screens!

Click through for larger (720p) images.

Tell Your World:

Sweet Devil:

And the unannounced song (pretty much Senbonzakura):

Also, the official website is now open.

Quoted for the new page. Looks good, probably native 720p (I'm no pixel counter, though). Hopefully it's 60fps also.

Per GameFAQs forum, there is now a Project DIVA F accessory set available for preorder - here's the listing at AmiAmi.

It will include:
- stickers for the console and controller
- a controller stand
- a clip for cords
- a headphone plug mascot

Tailer

Don't call it quits on DLC yet if you're getting the PS3 one. All DLC from Project DIVA 2nd and extend made it to the accompanying Dreamy Theater releases (by having you download unlock codes for each DLC you owned on your PSN account).

Switching to my Japanese account only takes about 3 minutes tops; just have to be somewhere where I have Wi-Fi when I do it. It's not optimal but still infinitely preferable to the regioning scheme on the other handheld this gen.
Well unfortunately I do not own a PS3, while I might get a PS4(after a certain amount of time and price drop :p) and hopefully it will have PS3 BC trough Gakai. Plus I don't have any interest in buying such genres on consoles.

yyr

So, 55 hours in, I've now got Perfects on everything in PDf, except for 4 charts: the two wowaka songs, and the two 10s. Although I'm getting very close on Sadistic Music Factory...I haven't put a lot of time in on the others, yet.

I was wondering if there was anyone here who got them all, yet...and if so, what they personally thought the hardest chart actually was!

Also: because I always use the x4 item, I've earned so many Diva Points that I'm trying to buy out the shop. Of everything. Including all the items you can buy 99 of. I've got at least half of those bought out already. lol

So, 55 hours in, I've now got Perfects on everything in PDf, except for 4 charts: the two wowaka songs, and the two 10s. Although I'm getting very close on Sadistic Music Factory...I haven't put a lot of time in on the others, yet.

I was wondering if there was anyone here who got them all, yet...and if so, what they personally thought the hardest chart actually was!

Also: because I always use the x4 item, I've earned so many Diva Points that I'm trying to buy out the shop. Of everything. Including all the items you can buy 99 of. I've got at least half of those bought out already. lol

I haven't been playing nearly as much as you have, but most people seem to agree Negative/Positive Continues is the most difficult song in the game. Unhappy Refrain has the highest note count in the game, but there aren't really any surprises in the chart, making it more a test of endurance than anything else. Sadistic Music Factory is just short.

Wonko_C

55 Hours? That's everything up to Extreme, right? I'm over 100 hours and still stuck at the last 3 more difficult songs in Hard, wow.

Roubjon

So far I've perfected every song except around half of the songs on Expert. My guess for the hardest songs are the two 10s. Everything else is way easier and I should perfect once I stop messing up at parts where I shouldn't be screwing up on. The awkward rhythm in Sadistic Music Factory and the fast BPM in that videogame song are what makes the songs harder than the others.

I'm at around 50 hours too, btw.

yyr

most people seem to agree Negative/Positive Continues is the most difficult song in the game.

I'm getting that impression. Some of the later segments are just brutal. Part of the reason I asked whether anyone's done it yet is because I want to know that it's possible! Heh...

Unhappy Refrain has the highest note count in the game, but there aren't really any surprises in the chart, making it more a test of endurance than anything else.

I got that impression, too. It's just that with 900-ish notes, there are 900-ish ways to mess it up. I had that problem with Odds & Ends, too...nothing was tricky about it at all, but it was so long and so dense that I found a way to mess it up-- over a dozen times--until I finally got it. I really think they underrated that song on the difficulty scale...

55 Hours? That's everything up to Extreme, right? I'm over 100 hours and still stuck at the last 3 more difficult songs in Hard, wow.

I've been playing music games on a continuous basis since I started with DDR in 2001, so I've had a lot of practice...and I've definitely noticed that--if you focus on trying to improve your timing--playing ANY game of this type (DDR, ITG, beatmania IIDX, pop'n music, DJMAX Technika, etc. etc.) will make you better at ANY OTHER game of this type.

And, hopefully, you're not forcing yourself to finish Hard before moving on to Extreme! Playing other songs will also improve your reading ability on songs you're having a problem with. At least, that was VERY true for me, with this game. The Extreme charts are quite different from each other, and fun to play, as well =)

The awkward rhythm in Sadistic Music Factory and the fast BPM in that videogame song are what makes the songs harder than the others.

Maybe it helps that I love the song so much, but it is definitely possible to figure out Sadistic Music Factory. I've hit every note, just not all in the same run yet. And if you want to grind for points, it's a great way to do it. The song is short, and if you can get the Excellent, it's 100K each time if you use the x4 item.

That's another thing...if you want to go for timing (Perfects and such), I believe that you should always be using the x4 item. It will force you to improve, especially on the scratch notes. Invisibly, you will get much better than you would if you don't use it.

Roubjon

Maybe it helps that I love the song so much, but it is definitely possible to figure out Sadistic Music Factory. I've hit every note, just not all in the same run yet. And if you want to grind for points, it's a great way to do it. The song is short, and if you can get the Excellent, it's 100K each time if you use the x4 item.

That's another thing...if you want to go for timing (Perfects and such), I believe that you should always be using the x4 item. It will force you to improve, especially on the scratch notes. Invisibly, you will get much better than you would if you don't use it.

I rarely ever drop my combo through accuracy, it's just me hitting an X when I should be hitting a O, which is also why I think Sadistic Music Factory is so hard. At the last stretch, there are those parts when you are looking at the left side of the screen as the notes are going down, and then all of a sudden the notes are all the way to the right side of the screen going up and there isn't any pause in the music, so I miss what those first initial notes read.

yyr

Roubjon: Besides generally improving your skill at reading ahead, the only thing you can do is memorize the timing and then remember that transition. I'm only able to do well on it now because I've cleared the chart about 30 times already. lol

24 hours on the clock ...sadistic factory is quite the challenge but the most horrible/hard song is without a doubt :
Negative Positive*Continues

this song ...the chart is just insane

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Enjoying the game a bit but might sell it once I've finished with freeplay so I can buy technika tune instead.

Although I'm liking this more than the PSP game. Arcade version is still sperrior. Arcade otoge ruined other console / handheld versions of games for me so now all I have is project diva. RIP Jubeat.

Wonko_C

1IxCt.jpg

Yes! I have some spare change on my JPN account so I'll just need to buy a 5000円 card. :D

oldmario

Will there be an asian version of pdF? the japanese ps3 games always cost like £50-70 when they're exclusive to japan ones

Will there be an asian version of pdF? the japanese ps3 games always cost like £50-70 when they're exclusive to japan ones

There was an Asian version of pjdf, so don't see why F wouldn't get one. Never confirmed if the Asian version was able to use Japanese DLC though.

yyr

this sounds horrible?

I don't see why it would be that bad. It's not like you have to hit a star note AND a button at the same time. I honestly would prefer flicking to clicking, though...clicking requires more effort, and flicking feels more similar to the swiping on Vita anyway...

mollipen

Trailer for PS3 Project Diva F is up on Youtube. So are the star markers completed with a flick of the analog sticks or pressing L3 and/or R3? I don't know enough Japanese to understand the part where they talked about it. ._.

God dammit Sega, take those stupid stars out—they've ruined the series for me. This is supposed to be a music/rhythm game about precision, not half-ass gimmicks like touchscreen swipes or analog stick nonsense. GRRR!

Very quick video of PoPiPo Special edition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICCLhHUx7IU

Forgive the bad play, but this was last minute and recording gameplay is horribly uncomfortable.

God dammit Sega, take those stupid stars out—they've ruined the series for me. This is supposed to be a music/rhythm game about precision, not half-ass gimmicks like touchscreen swipes or analog stick nonsense. GRRR!

So I suppose you consider the turntable in beatmania a "half-ass gimmick" too?

mollipen

So I suppose you consider the turntable in beatmania a "half-ass gimmick" too?

The turntable existed from the start—that's what the game was, and was always meant to be. Do I consider it to be an imperfect method for hitting notes? Absolutely, but more power to the people who enjoy the series. I'm bothered because for most of its life, Project Diva was about very strict timing and precise button presses, and now I feel Sega is infecting the games with more gimmicky elements.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Have they mentioned if the Diva F DLC for vita will be cross compatible with the console version? Would save me the trouble of switching accounts.

And in terms of the mini controller, what is the size relatable to? I tried measuring out the dimensions with a ruler but It didn't seem correct.

The turntable existed from the start—that's what the game was, and was always meant to be. Do I consider it to be an imperfect method for hitting notes? Absolutely, but more power to the people who enjoy the series. I'm bothered because for most of its life, Project Diva was about very strict timing and precise button presses, and now I feel Sega is infecting the games with more gimmicky elements.

To be honest, I have a very hard time taking Project DIVA seriously as a music game; it's plainly obvious across every iteration that the actual rhythm game was never a priority, especially with the timing being globally off and no effort put into the framerate at all. That said, scratch notes are not one of the things I have a hard time taking seriously; if they were graded the same as regular notes they would be perfect.

And in terms of the mini controller, what is the size relatable to? I tried measuring out the dimensions with a ruler but It didn't seem correct.

I haven't taken a ruler out or anything but I imagine it would be about the size of a typical arcade stick.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
To be honest, I have a very hard time taking Project DIVA seriously as a music game; it's plainly obvious across every iteration that the actual rhythm game was never a priority, especially with the timing being globally off and no effort put into the framerate at all. That said, scratch notes are not one of the things I have a hard time taking seriously; if they were graded the same as regular notes they would be perfect.

You need to try the arcade version!

I just got 2 of the psp games, 2nd and Extend. Can someone explain what the access codes that came with 2nd are for and how the import thing works? Which one imports into what.

I just got 2 of the psp games, 2nd and Extend. Can someone explain what the access codes that came with 2nd are for and how the import thing works? Which one imports into what.

Did you get 2nd or 2nd#? 2nd# includes a PSN code that will give you all modules that debuted in extend as DLC.

Project DIVA 2nd (regardless of version) can import data from the first Project DIVA. The only things that carry over are unlocked modules, and a bonus title or room item.

Project DIVA extend imports from 2nd. This carries over module unlocks, DIVA points, etc. and adds some extra gallery stuff too I think. Not sure if extend can import directly from the first game.

If you are playing both for the first time you definitely want to unlock as much content as you can in 2nd first before importing into extend.

Did you get 2nd or 2nd#? 2nd# includes a PSN code that will give you all modules that debuted in extend as DLC.

Project DIVA 2nd (regardless of version) can import data from the first Project DIVA. The only things that carry over are unlocked modules, and a bonus title or room item.

Project DIVA extend imports from 2nd. This carries over module unlocks, DIVA points, etc. and adds some extra gallery stuff too I think. Not sure if extend can import directly from the first game.

If you are playing both for the first time you definitely want to unlock as much content as you can in 2nd first before importing into extend.

2nd # I guess! Yes I am playing for the first time. What is a module?

I just got my first Hatsune Miku game on PSP last week - Diva 2nd - and I'm enjoying it very much! When I get a Vita, I'll definitely will get myself Diva f. There's so much content in Diva 2nd, it was totally worth it, and despite my doubts that it could be too cutesy animeish, I just found the whole thing so very adorable. So... is Diva Extend worth it, too?

mollipen

I just got my first Hatsune Miku game on PSP last week - Diva 2nd - and I'm enjoying it very much! When I get a Vita, I'll definitely will get myself Diva f. There's so much content in Diva 2nd, it was totally worth it, and despite my doubts that it could be too cutesy animeish, I just found the whole thing so very adorable. So... is Diva Extend worth it, too?

I thought 2nd was terrible, and Extend is awesome. So, to me, it's absolutely worth it. I think Extend's tracklist is much, much better, and they fixed some problems I had with 2nd (like the screwed-up handling of modules).

In howfar are the modules screwed up in 2nd? The only critique I'd have would be the loading times in the menue, but they don't really distract me to much.. Played all songs, now on to hard and extreme. Quick button pressing galore... does Extend feature many new songs?

In howfar are the modules screwed up in 2nd? The only critique I'd have would be the loading times in the menue, but they don't really distract me to much.. Played all songs, now on to hard and extreme. Quick button pressing galore... does Extend feature many new songs?

Besides the loading times if you try to load a DLC module, it's not that bad... extend added the option to auto-select the default character (in default module) for a song regardless of which module is loaded at song select though.

As for songs, 2nd still has the largest song list of the series. extend has about the same number of songs as the first game, but about half the songs are repeats from 2nd (eight of them being 2nd's DLC).

Top Bottom