• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I've gotten the chance to play the arcade version a few times now while in Japan. Pretty fun and the controller feels good but it's only young teen girls playing it always haha.

Roubjon

I've gotten the chance to play the arcade version a few times now while in Japan. Pretty fun and the controller feels good but it's only young teen girls playing it always haha.

You've got to play the extreme games man. IIDX is for the men, Hatsune Miku is for the babies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Well from the lines that's what it looks like!! But I suck at iidx been playing a lot of jubeat and sound voltex.

The project diva controller feels good though.

Asked the usual suspects about whether they'd offer the controller for sale.

EDIT: Tentative preorders are only available for the large controller right now, so we're not talking about the small controller yet here.

NCS said:
Hi Jack, thanks for your email. We submitted an order for our company already since we want one for our private collection and to contribute to the possibility of Hori producing it.

We're not sure if we'll offer them for sale since the price and shipping cost to bring them into the States is pretty high for a single-use controller. We'll talk it over with our contact in Japan who helps us with limited edition items and if we do decide to offer them, we'll be glad to notify you with an update. Thanks for checking with us.

Regards,
NCS Inc
Play-Asia said:
Dear Jack,

As for your concern, we do not have enough information yet as of the
moment. Please kindly check back later for updates.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Cristyl
Play-Asia.com

I'm down for the smaller Diva controller.

I already own a DJ DAO (Sold the IIDX ASC once the Dao was released) and a PNM ASC so I understand the concept of "gotta pay to play".

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6732165.html

7Xswd.jpg

http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/ps3_miku_pdf_con/small_index.html

viL8t.jpg

http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/ps3_miku_pdf_con/large_index.html

@#$%&@!

Damn thats cool

Jawmuncher

So what the quickest way to grind on Project Diva F?
I'm think Music Factory with survival (X3 Bonus) since I seem to have trouble getting cool on Hard.

So what the quickest way to grind on Project Diva F?
I'm think Music Factory with survival (X3 Bonus) since I seem to have trouble getting cool on Hard.

any song on hard you're able to PERFECT /EXCELLENT with the 4x bonus .. after 30 minutes you'll be swiming in money ...

The tentative order period for the Project DIVA F large controller has ended, with the goal meter at 90%. (Must have been an impressive 11th hour rally, since it was at 40% when I checked yesterday.) Waiting for Hori's go-no go decision now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
They're selling more controllers? Great time to just buy a wii u D:

I remember the first one selling for crazy prices. I always wanted one. But now I'm out of a job right now :(

Roubjon

I've seriously hit a road block with these perfects. Every single time I'm about to get one I get some type of performance anxiety and fuck it up, UGH! It's ridiculous because I know I have the technical skill level to do all this.

Game's still fun though.

Wonko_C

i'm happy this game has a retail version.
it would be cool if they add more songs for this release

Disc version was a given due to it being a stand-alone, enhanced port of the Vita version instead of a "Dreamy Theater" style release. I'd love to own it physically too, like I do with the Vita one, but I want to go the "cheap" (digital) route with this because I can avoid shipment fees+import taxes, and the wait time would be less. (laughs)

Jawmuncher

Finally grabbed all the costumes.
Gonna take a break and come back to mop everything up later, since I just need Diva Levels and events now.

Heads up: looks like the Project DIVA F large controller is going into production. It will be released on March 7, 2013 (giving more credibility to that being the game's release date). Hori will be accepting preorders on their site until December 6.

You can also order at Play-Asia. They are also listing the mini controller.

Cool thanks for the links! I just pre ordered the game and mini controller. $300 later and I'm good to go. I couldn't stomach the price for the larger controller as I already have enough expensive music (Bemani) controllers.

Roubjon

Boom! I managed to perfect Online Game Addicts and ODDS&ENDS one after another. What a rush. Oh rhythm games, how I love you.

I've been trying to perfect Game Addicts for such a long time, mainly because it's one of my favorite songs in the game so I can stand playing it a bunch of times. I've also grown fond of ODDS&ENDS too. Basically, if I play a rhythm game long enough I start to love all of the music, even if it isn't that great. I guess it gets nostalgic or something, I don't know.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
wow at them play-asia prices, amiami has the smaller controller at a much more reasonable price. Thinking about getting it but Senran vita comes out around the same time :(

wow at them play-asia prices, amiami has the smaller controller at a much more reasonable price. Thinking about getting it but Senran vita comes out around the same time :(

WOW thanks for the link! I cancelled my order over at Play Asia, and placed it there.

I've never ordered from them, so I hope it goes smoothly...

Yes Boss!

WOW thanks for the link! I cancelled my order over at Play Asia, and placed it there.

I've never ordered from them, so I hope it goes smoothly...

As did I. Well, for the baby one only. Big one at Play-asia still stands.

AmiAmi rocks. You just don't get to know the shipping till you pay when item streets. A stick like this should be about $60 for EMS. Game and stick, you are looking at about $240 delivered. More than fair, methinks.

As did I. Well, for the baby one only. Big one at Play-asia still stands.

AmiAmi rocks. You just don't get to know the shipping till you pay when item streets. A stick like this should be about $60 for EMS. Game and stick, you are looking at about $240 delivered. More than fair, methinks.

Oh perfect, good to know! It sucks that I can't see the shipping, but thanks for giving me an estimate.

The pricing is more then fair. It's MUCH better then my old Play Asia total of $320...

If all goes well, I'll be taking more of my business there.

I can't wait to see pictures of the large controller once it arrives at your place ;)

Yes Boss!

Oh perfect, good to know! It sucks that I can't see the shipping, but thanks for giving me an estimate.

The pricing is more then fair. It's MUCH better then my old Play Asia total of $320...

If all goes well, I'll be taking more of my business there.

I can't wait to see pictures of the large controller once it arrives at your place ;)

AmiAmi is also really good about preorder bonuses...so you will probably get the little keychain thingie.

So, I've never played this game. Don't even know the character outside of her being mentioned on podcasts and that car commercial. Love rhythm games, though. Is it like DDR or more like Elite Beat? Or something else.? And, would a good entree be the Vita game or should I just wait since the PS3 version looks to be the same with extras? Or maybe track down the older PSP game and do the Dreamy Theater thing instead?

AmiAmi is also really good about preorder bonuses...so you will probably get the little keychain thingie.

So, I've never played this game. Don't even know the character outside of her being mentioned on podcasts and that car commercial. Love rhythm games, though. Is it like DDR or more like Elite Beat? Or something else.? And, would a good entree be the Vita game or should I just wait since the PS3 version looks to be the same with extras? Or maybe track down the older PSP game and do the Dreamy Theater thing instead?

I have everything if you want to try stuff out after you're settled. Should have Dreamy Theater 2nd/extend set up at MAGFest too. (Registration was $30 by the way.)

If you want to see my impressions on the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller: http://www.starcreator.com/features/pjddt2con

I never got around to updating that after I had to replace a few microswitches...

Yes Boss!

I have everything if you want to try stuff out after you're settled. Should have Dreamy Theater 2nd/extend set up at MAGFest too. (Registration was $30 by the way.)

If you want to see my impressions on the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller: http://www.starcreator.com/features/pjddt2con

I never got around to updating that after I had to replace a few microswitches...

Yes, I saw that teardown through google a while back. You went crazy...exactly what I do when I get a new controller. lol.

I'm assuming I should just wait for the controller and go with that since I'm new. I'll probably play on the smaller one and then occasionally pull out the big one for fun here and there. Unless the Vita game is super recommended. It is just so expensive. :-( $80-90 on eBay.

Lemme know the best way to get you monies for the registration.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Bought a vita from that amazon deal so on my last day in japan bought project kusoge from yodobashi camera. Got one of those clear miku vita skins as well *throws out*

Famitsu news:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F will include songs “Tell Your World” by livetune and “Sweet Devil” by Hachioji P. Revealed modules are Linkage and Honeywhip; clothing is seen in silhouette, with hints that it’s appropriate for biking.

http://bdashnews.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/famitsu-news-1127-yakuza-5-40-new-mh4-weapon/

EDIT: miyuki says the bike hint, in addition to an image of a silhouette wearing a kimono, all but confirms Senbonzakura as well: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15630734

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
So if I buy the vocaloids outfits, they don't use them in the free play song videos, just in their pointless bedrooms? Fudge.

Tailer

Sucks to know that I will never be able to play that DLC, oh well atleast the physical copies are region free so it's better than nothing. Unless they consider making memory card switching process alot faster.

Top Bottom