• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

This probably doesn't mean anything for you guys, but I was so happy to pull this off earlier today, hahaha.

I've still got two songs left to Perfect on Hard, though.

More extreme records are always welcome ... i'm not ashamed to admit that some songs are destroying me in extreme difficulty ..( negative positive continues )

Articalys

This is probably more fitting here than in the anime thread.

Aniplex USA has confirmed a Blu-ray+CD set release of the Mikunopolis in Los Angeles concert, coming in mid-April. $75 MSRP, sale price $60 on Right Stuf (up for preorder on Monday 2/25).

I don't think the guys who were interested actually got back to me but there was a complication with getting my extra copies of the game. At this point it's probably safer to assume I won't be able to get extras.

This might be a better place to ask than in Vita threads - does anyone know what availability is currently like in Japan for the Miku-branded Vita (WiFi and/or 3G models)? I have a friend going over next month who is kindly picking up a Japanese Vita for me, most likely the new Ice White model. However, if the Miku model is still available, I'd love to get one. Are some still likely to be around in stores in Tokyo?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Do you guys know when the PSN version of Diva F will go up? I'm considering cancelling my Play-Asia pre-order. I want it day 1, haha.

Do you guys know when the PSN version of Diva F will go up? I'm considering cancelling my Play-Asia pre-order. I want it day 1, haha.

It's being released on 3/7. That basically means it should show up in the JP PSN store around 10-11 PM EST on 3/6. The download version is priced at 6600 yen (versus 7329 yen for the physical release).

Stark

Banned
This might be a better place to ask than in Vita threads - does anyone know what availability is currently like in Japan for the Miku-branded Vita (WiFi and/or 3G models)? I have a friend going over next month who is kindly picking up a Japanese Vita for me, most likely the new Ice White model. However, if the Miku model is still available, I'd love to get one. Are some still likely to be around in stores in Tokyo?

Weren't they extremely limited and sold out? :x

Wonko_C

that's right there is a PSN version too ..if it's not too highly pricey i might pick this version.

PSN version is 6600 yen, speaking of which:

CwB4n5X.jpg
My yen, is ready.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yes; you have 39 days (until 4/14) to buy the digital version and still get the Tell Your World/Linkage DLC content for DIVA f. Having this content is what enables you to buy the rest for 1500 yen.

Thanks. The physical version would be a bit cheaper for me, but I guess with customs it'd be a bit more plus a waiting time of over 3 weeks, so I might go digital. Is there are better place to buy Japanese points than Play-Asia? Their prices at least seem reasonable.

PSN version is 6600 yen, speaking of which:

My yen, is ready.

That's not enough yen to buy the game and the rest of the DLC for DIVA f!

Thanks. The physical version would be a bit cheaper for me, but I guess with customs it'd be a bit more plus a waiting time of over 3 weeks, so I might go digital. Is there are better place to buy Japanese points than Play-Asia? Their prices at least seem reasonable.

Japan-Codes.com is another good place to get points.

Weren't they extremely limited and sold out? :x

Oh, okay. Ice White model it is!

My friend visiting Japan is also going to pick up a copy of the PS3 version for me, but I'm not sure if I can be patient enough to wait for them to return from their trip. I am importing a controller (not the mad expensive one! The Amazon JP exclusive cheaper one), so chances are I may buy the digital version in the meantime.

Selected Weekly Diva Station updates:

2/28: Rin Future Style module and Mikudayo accessories shown. Everyone's seen the scans by now, but just for completeness sake:

2/28: Raffle for people who purchase the game in Japan. Some interesting prizes we'll never see here.

2/21: The last of the store specific bonuses.

2/20: A call for music submissions to be included in Project DIVA Arcade.

2/17: Celebrating the release of KAITO V3 with some wallpaper:

Also, there was an email questionaire where a blue and red Vita were given to a random respondent (jokingly referred to as KAITO and MEIKO Vitas).

cuilan

Picked up Diva f while I was in Japan not too long ago. I also played the demo version of Diva F while I was in Sapporo for the Vocaloid concert and Snow Festival.

The lack of online leaderboards for Diva f is disappointing; maybe I should have done some research before purchasing (or did I hopefully miss it somehow?)...I've managed to clear all the songs on Hard with a Great or better rating, but it's going to be a while before I clear all of the songs on Extreme with anything...

And in case anyone cares, I took a bunch of photos of Vocaloid stuff while I was in Sapporo.

http://min.us/mMarp2YOdXYXM

I went to Vocalobit in Shizuoka as well, but there wasn't much to see there.

From what I can tell, it's 30fps 1080p everywhere. The author editorializes that he would prefer the game be downgraded to 720p if it meant a framerate increase.

I thought it looked/felt a bit smoother than the Vita version. I played the Diva F demo twice and watched a bunch of people play it. I was switching my attention between the demo screens and Diva f (getting some practice in while waiting in line), and the framerate seemed different somehow. It's too bad they didn't have a Project Diva arcade cab set up right next to the demo area for easier comparison, heh. Maybe it's something weird like 45fps with triple-buffering enabled, or my mind is just playing tricks on me.

It's gonna be some time before I get Project Diva F (No problem with getting the soundtrack CD set, oddly enough), is all the new DLC included on the PS3 game without a need to plug in that code? The code's only for the Vita version as a limited time bonus, right?

No need to worry about the bumps if you're bringing news :)
For me i have taken divaF yet but i might go digital this unless i can get the diva f songs in a normal way with a disc ?????

Question about Project Diva F for PS3:

Is there a 'TV calibration/timing lag adjustment' mode in the game similar to Rock Band or Guitar Hero? This is my first Miku game on PS3 (never had a chance to play any of the Dreamy Theatre games). Thanks.

Wonko_C

Question about Project Diva F for PS3:

Is there a 'TV calibration/timing lag adjustment' mode in the game similar to Rock Band or Guitar Hero? This is my first Miku game on PS3 (never had a chance to play any of the Dreamy Theatre games). Thanks.

There were lag adjustment options in the Dreamy Theather games so it'll probably be here too. Different development team, though.

... what exactly are you asking for?

Sorry i was on the move and thinking back i didn't put in thoughts into my previous post.

Can we get the songs they added for diva F in diva f ? Isn't there some kind of promotion going on on the JPN PSN store ATM ?

Since the previous dlc ( diva 2nd for example were both for ps3 and psp ) i was wondering if they made something similar this time

Top Bottom