• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

My bad . Then so there is indeed a download code for the f stuff ..i knew i had heard the info , but couldn't remember where ..i was getting anxious.

Physical version for me then.

Digital gets the Tell Your World DLC too. As long as you buy it within the first 39 days.

Damn, even more of a reason to get another vita memory card. I wish Sony would lift the stupid account limits already.

Seriously! It drives me up the wall. Keep having to stop myself from importing these kind of games because of the memory card limitation :/

Volcynika

Is there a set time when the Japanese store usually updates?

Star Creator said above that it's around 10-11PM EST or something.

Also even though I got the Vita version, may just get the digital version of the PS3 one and save a bit of money (though tax return woots)

Still no shipping notification from AmiAmi. Why so slow T_T I might not see the game until next week at this rate.

On the other hand, just got a call from FedEx asking for information about the controller to preclear it at customs. They needed to know if it "emits or alters frequencies". I guess if it's large enough...

I just confirmed my payment with Ami Ami (and used EMS and not SAL) so I'm hoping to have it for the weekend...

...but I'll probably have it for next week sometime...

On the download code expiration: if I'm reading correctly, the code that comes with the physical version doesn't expire until 2015. You might not be able to purchase the discounted content pack if you wait that long to redeem it, however.

http://miku.sega.jp/f/ps3/syokai_tokuten.html

Limit is definitely 39 days from the digital release date if you go digital.

Also, if anyone needed confirmation, Rin Future Style and the Mikudayo stuff are definitely in the content pack.

On the download code expiration: if I'm reading correctly, the code that comes with the physical version doesn't expire until 2015. You might not be able to purchase the discounted content pack if you wait that long to redeem it, however.

http://miku.sega.jp/f/ps3/syokai_tokuten.html

Limit is definitely 39 days from the digital release date if you go digital.

Also, if anyone needed confirmation, Rin Future Style and the Mikudayo stuff are definitely in the content pack.
2015 sounds more reasonnable to me.

Wonko_C

Demo and full game are up on the Japanese PSN. Download away! Demo is around 420MB and full game is about 5600MB.

Update: Played a bit of the demo and it seems to be true 1080p, image quality is exquisite. It comes at a great cost, though: as expected, the game is running at 30fps.

Other details I garnered from the demo:

-3 songs (none of the new ones, though): Weekender Girl, Tengaku and World's End Dancehall.
-Star notes still give you only cools and fines so you can waggle the sticks like crazy and not fail them.
-Loading times are greatly reduced compared to the Vita version.

Volcynika

I thought about it but there isn't really anything worth showing off. There's a small number of modules you can select but you can't even play the songs above normal difficulty.

Haha yeah. Just wanted to show to some friends anyways. I want my code so I can get the full game :(

Is Play-asia the best place to buy a 5000 yen card? Or are there cheaper alternatives?

http://www.japan-codes.com/ also has them available maybe for slightly cheaper?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
http://www.japan-codes.com/ also has them available maybe for slightly cheaper?

Haha, not much cheaper. But thanks for the effort. I am kicking myself for not pre-ordering from amiami, and right now they said they are sold out so I can't put an order in ;_;

edit: I just realized the game is more than just 5000 yen, 6,600 to be exact. Might as well go for a physical copy.

Man, I'm so rusty, it's saddening.

So after playing through the songs on the demo, I want this game, if I had the funds for it.

It looks great. I definitely like how the star actions are now on the analog sticks which is much more easier to get used compared to having to touch the screens on the Vita.

Also impressed that there were modules for the characters in the demo too. Was also amused that the loading screens were almost all ads for other Sega games.

Definitely not used to all of this on the big screen either.

Haha, I'll definitely get this in the future.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, I'm so rusty, it's saddening.

So after playing through the songs on the demo, I want this game, if I had the funds for it.

It looks great. I definitely like how the star actions are now on the analog sticks which is much more easier to get used compared to having to touch the screens on the Vita.

Also impressed that there were modules for the characters in the demo too. Was also amused that the loading screens were almost all ads for other Sega games.

Definitely not used to all of this on the big screen either.

Haha, I'll definitely get this in the future.

I'm not a fan of the analog sticks being the input, played the demo with them and either my timing is off or the sticks are just too finnicky for precision.

Anyways, people who are looking for a good deal, Amiami just got more in stock! I think I am going to order it along with the soundtrack.

Oh, there's a demo out? Neat.

I haven't played a Project Diva game since the first PSP one. Kinda lost all interest in Miku over the years. But that's not gonna stop me from getting the demo!

Edit: I like how they are advertising their other games on the loading screen.

Wonko_C

Let me know how it works. There -is- a roughly 120mb patch for DIVA f (Vita), which presumably facilitates the save transfer somehow.

I spent the last 40 minutes trying to decipher the menus and from what I can gather, I need to download a separate tool for the PS Vita to transfer my save. If that's the case, I won't be able to transfer my save because I played PDf on my US account.

Well, I guess that'll be my excuse to start the PS3 game from scratch...

God damn, I should have stayed away. I'm letting myself get addicted to a music game. Just perfected Weekender Girl.

Sigh... I might have to get this sometime.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Downloading the full game right now.
Can anyone tell me what those DLCs on the store exactly are? I guess the free one is the save transfer tool. Then there are two that look like new modules, does it say "PS Vita" in the description because it's also compatible with the Vita version?
And what's the DLC with Toro?

Edit: The save transfer tool is a Vita application, which means there probably won't be a way to transfer your save if you didn't play on your Japanese account.

Chronoexe

Weekender Girl is so good. kz <3

Don't forget Freely tomorrow

My first Extreme :)

fmfOsA4.jpg

Roubjon

Don't forget Freely tomorrow

My first Extreme :)

Nice going man.

Sadly DJMAX isn't holding my attention like I hoped it would, so I'll probably start playing this more often again. The Vita could use a new rhythm game. Hell, the 3DS could use a new rhythm game. I need more beatz in my life :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
Played the full version for a bit.
- I found using the sticks for star notes even more imprecise than the touch controls on the Vita, but at least you won't cover parts of the screen anymore.
- Game menus etc. are practically the same as on Vita. Not much relearning needed.
- Trophies are on the same set as the Vita version. So if you've already got the platinum on the Vita version, you won't get any trophies here.
- It supports the PS3's screenshot function!
- Load times between menus are faster now (at least in the download version). But the initial load times are pretty long.

Can you copy your data back from the PS3 version to the Vita version? Didn't find anything about that. Because if you can, I will switch to my Japanese account.

Edit: I think I figured out where you can do it, but I'm still having problems with the menu options. Can anybody translate this menu?

web01

How the hell do I play this game!?

Downloaded the demo and have no idea what the coloured arrows represent.
Looks like red or green with an arrow, makes no sense.

Top Bottom