• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Had never played a Hatsune Miku game before but I've kinda been itching for a new rhythm game lately so I grabbed the Project Diva F demo and was sold almost instantly.

Deeku

Played the full version for a bit.
- I found using the sticks for star notes even more imprecise than the touch controls on the Vita, but at least you won't cover parts of the screen anymore.
- Game menus etc. are practically the same as on Vita. Not much relearning needed.
- Trophies are on the same set as the Vita version. So if you've already got the platinum on the Vita version, you won't get any trophies here.
- It supports the PS3's screenshot function!
- Load times between menus are faster now (at least in the download version). But the initial load times are pretty long.

Can you copy your data back from the PS3 version to the Vita version? Didn't find anything about that. Because if you can, I will switch to my Japanese account.

Edit: I think I figured out where you can do it, but I'm still having problems with the menu options. Can anybody translate this menu?
sync system data
erase sync data

And yeah, sticks are a bit weird. I think I prefer the vita swiping.

And holy crap the game looks nice!

Had never played a Hatsune Miku game before but I've kinda been itching for a new rhythm game lately so I grabbed the Project Diva F demo and was sold almost instantly.
Get it get it get it!

Jucksalbe

Banned
sync system data
erase sync data

Thanks! I thought it would be something like "store on server, get from server".

But I still get an error message when I try to sync on PS3.

J1PdASe.png

What does it say?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Thanks, I guess I was just too fast.

It's still not quite working, but I will figure it out.

Edit: Ah, oh well. I guess I better wait until someone who actually understands any of these menus figures it out.

web01

So it make alot more sense to get the PS3 version right, considering if I want all the songs on the Vita version I would have to cough up an extra 3000 yen which seems quite excessive.

Thanks, I guess I was just too fast.

It's still not quite working, but I will figure it out.

Edit: Ah, oh well. I guess I better wait until someone who actually understands any of these menus figures it out.

How does the sync work? Do you have to hook up the Vita to the PS3 via USB? It's expected you need your save to be on Japanese PSN but can you transfer it to a different PSN account PS3 side?

So it make alot more sense to get the PS3 version right, considering if I want all the songs on the Vita version I would have to cough up an extra 3000 yen which seems quite excessive.

3000 yen as a package is a much better deal than the a la carte DLC pricing used for DIVA 2nd (400 per song and 300 per module).

Jucksalbe

Banned
How does the sync work? Do you have to hook up the Vita to the PS3 via USB? It's expected you need your save to be on Japanese PSN but can you transfer it to a different PSN account PS3 side?
You have to download a seperate (free) tool for Vita from the store. That means you can only use it on your Japanese account on the Vita.
This tool uploads the save data to a server and you can download it from within the PS3 game (this also means you have to be on the same account). Maybe you can copy the save file afterwards through the PS3 system menu, I didn't try.

But I have to point out that I still didn't get it to work. But after what I just read on GameFAQs it maybe only transfers your costumes and probably other unlocked items and not your scores or progression. So maybe that's why I thought it didn't work, I will have to check on that.

Volcynika

OK, well I got the digital version. Not sure where to get DLC from or whatever. And I played Vita version on my US account so no transfer for me!

Jucksalbe

Banned
OK, well I got the digital version. Not sure where to get DLC from or whatever.

The free DLC is listed under the Vita version. You don't download it automatically by buying the PS3 version, you have to download it manually (but it's marked as "free" after you bought the PS3 version). The additional 1500 yen package should be there, too. The other DLC is listed under both versions and you have to manually download the other version after you bought them.
There's also another free item with logos of both games, that's the save transfer tool for Vita.

Volcynika

The free DLC is listed under the Vita version. You don't download it automatically by buying the PS3 version, you have to download it manually (but it's marked as "free" after you bought the PS3 version). The additional 1500 yen package should be there, too. The other DLC is listed under both versions and you have to manually download the other version after you bought them.
There's also another free item with logos of both games, that's the save transfer tool for Vita.

What's in the 1500 yen package? Sorry, I haven't really been in this thread much at all :x

I was trying to see if JP had the webstore so I could just associate it with my JP account and have it in my download list when I get home.

Deeku

No problem. I was pretty confused about it all, too.
Look here for the details on the DLC.
Oh cool thanks for linking that, been a bit absent from this thread too:p

I'm gonna try and get one of the miku psn cards for the dlc and just keep playing on vita. It's not that I don't want the ps3 version, I just won't be able to play it:( But it's good now that I'm not exactly missing out on anything...apart from the really really really nice hd visuals...

***And super mega props to StarCreator for still keepin all the news/update posts going! I wana see pics of the controller when you get it:D

Jucksalbe

Banned
Now that I knew what to look for, I finally got the transfer to work!

I can confirm that your scores and DP do NOT transfer.
What does transfer: Modules unlocked and bought, permanent items bought and unlocked (I tried a table), consumable items unlocked (bought consumable items do not transfer). And maybe some other stuff I haven't checked.

Volcynika

I could probably get a platinum on the game if I understood a simple process to get max affection or whatever for all the characters lol

You can take proper screenshots, just press "HOME" and go in the picture sub menu .. and then "take screenshot"

Tried the pS3 demo . i'm glad that there aren't any framedips anymore ( especially in world end dance hall ) BUT i'm not feelign the the star notes on L3 & R3..

I have the hardest time to get accustomed to it .

You have to flick the sticks and not use L3/R3.
thanks , but i was aware of that ..
It's just that i have played the vita version for so long , i can't shake the timing that i have ..
it feel wrong somehow..

Star notes on vita are quick and simple , because your hand doesn't leave the gaming area .( you can even use rear pad ).

Here i have to flock L3 or R3 and in songs it feel like it doesn't work as well.
You cannot expect me to have my finger on the square,cross, circle buttons and R3 .. it make my hands move and i've very unhappy by the result .
I don't have this problem on vita because i'm holding the vita and my fingers are already on the touch surfaces ..a thus i don't have any kind of lag.

That annoy me a lot.

Seda made the thread.

Man, I really hope this works out somehow.

Sega is so unpredictable , lol

antibolo

Banned
Oh gods what the hell was I thinking when I ordered from Play Asia with free shipping?? Those 2-3 weeks of waiting while reading this thread are going to be torture.

Last I saw it was inching towards 5k after only a few hours. Even if only these people bought the game, numbers like this could probably justify a quicky DD release with translated menus.

I also think that once people got over the whole "anime" thing they would see its as a great rhythm game

Yes Boss!

Oh my order From Ami Ami has shipped! Fingers crossed that my copy along with the controller will show up for the weekend!

Mine did too! Excite. I chose to just go with the mini controller since the $600 was just too much to stomach. I'll be in Tokyo next year so will keep an eye out for the big controller there. Did not get the shipment notice till late in the day (japan time) so I'm not thinking a Saturday delivery is gonna happen :-(

Only $206 for the game and mini controller delivered! Love to see the dollar and yen back towards 1:100!

Another question: is there a quick guide anywhere for noobs? I tried the demo and got the circle buttons but the X did not seem to be working. Just a simple guide for controls, I'm looking for?

Got my "give us money" email from Ami^2 this afternoon but then I decided to throw Macross 30 into the order so I've gotta wait for them to recalculate the postage.

Replayed them demo though and this is pretty much exactly what I was after. Really looking forward to it.

What a busy week for Miku with the Dominos promotion and now news of this possible localization.

I can't wait to try the series for sure!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Having trouble finding the DLC on JP PSN. Anyone able to help? D:

Search for "Project Diva" on the store (you can change the keyboard to English letters by pressing Select a few times), then just click on the logo for Project Diva F or Project Diva f depending on what you want.

Edit:
I bought the game on PSN last night, only had a brief time to play around but couldn't find the ¥1,500 DLC... is it available yet?

Yes. It's listed under the Vita version.

Top Bottom