• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Woah, hold the phone, stop the presses, back the fun bus up, some Electrocutica made it into this one?

Okay, alright, ordering right now.

DS3 as a control scheme terribad or just acceptable? Had no issues with Dreamy Theatre 2nd, how hard did they break it? If someone would be so kind as to inform me.

I think DYE is by AVTechNO! (Not screaming,, I think the ! is part of the name lol)

ELCTROCUTICA did what I think was a collaboration with AVTechNO! : DYE -synthesis- .
I'm too used to DYE Re:flection+ from DYE -synthesis-, which throws me off in DIVA f/F

There REALLY does need to be some ELECTROCUTICA in this!!

(Oh and don't let that information keep ya from ordering :p)

EDIT

Quoting since I may have made the "page turn" on this thread right after it was posted.

My mini controller has finally arrived!
86PMnuP.jpg

pQRgu81.jpg

Yes Boss!

Got my big stick in yesterday. I knew it was big since I had seen StarCreator's at MAGfest, but I'm still taken aback. MASSIVE. Loving the little swish pad too for the stars. Makes it easier. Though, that said, I'm still very much a fan of the smaller stick. They each play a bit different and it is nice to go for the one based on how much physical interaction you want.

BAB3D538-3119-4111-9DCC-508DFA798C59-5763-00000667E7B1CA11.jpg

MachoSuave

Neo Member
It's not hard, you just have to substitute the swipe motion for stars with either the right or left analog stick on a DS3. Still pretty easy in my opinion, especially if you are used to playing games like DJ MAX.

If you were happy with the controls in DT2nd, you'll be fine here too. The only change is that there are now "star notes." On Vita, you'd need to flick the touchscreen to hit these, but on PS3 a simple flick of either analog stick works. As a huge fan of arcades and arcade controllers, I really prefer the feel of the new custom controllers, but as I implied earlier: if you're not as much of a fan of such things, not having one won't impact your ability to enjoy the gameplay.

Alright, thanks guys, I can deal with that.

I think DYE is by AVTechNO! (Not screaming,, I think the ! is part of the name lol)

ELCTROCUTICA did what I think was a collaboration with AVTechNO! : DYE -synthesis- .
I'm too used to DYE Re:flection+ from DYE -synthesis-, which throws me off in DIVA f/F

There REALLY does need to be some ELECTROCUTICA in this!!

(Oh and don't let that information keep ya from ordering :p)

Oh, right, well fair enough, I wasn't 100% sure what the link was, I've seen Treow/ElektLyze release similar stuff under ELECTROCUTICA and assumed their relationship would be similar. Good song either way, hopefully it proving a favourite should open the door for some of Treow's works too, Chaining Intention's MMD PV has nearly a million youtube hits already; come on, Sega!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
My mini controller has finally arrived!

Ooh, very nice. I still prefer black though :p

Got my big stick in yesterday. I knew it was big since I had seen StarCreator's at MAGfest, but I'm still taken aback. MASSIVE. Loving the little swish pad too for the stars. Makes it easier. Though, that said, I'm still very much a fan of the smaller stick. They each play a bit different and it is nice to go for the one based on how much physical interaction you want.

God damn, what a monstrous looking thing. Wish I had that kind of money to throw around. So jelly.

Yes Boss!

Forgot to mention that the big Miku stick is numbered...not on the stick but on the box. Looks like they made 2000. That is a huge number for a stick like this.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Forgot to mention that the big Miku stick is numbered...not on the stick but on the box. Looks like they made 2000. That is a huge number for a stick like this.

Is it really? Sounds reasonable to me, considering how avid fans of the franchise are.

Articalys

Well, I've been trying to tune a Pandora.com station to play only J-Rock, and it finally randomly threw a Miku song at me. I didn't even think they'd have any in their database.

Well, I've been trying to tune a Pandora.com station to play only J-Rock, and it finally randomly threw a Miku song at me. I didn't even think they'd have any in their database.

They have a lot from SOSOSO and a track or two from other producers like minatoP. You can explicitly make a Hatsune Miku radio or make one for SOSOSO if that's what you're after.

rustyboy

Neo Member
Has anybody else had any issues with the game crashing and locking the system up.

For me after the song has finished and just before the score / grade screen appears or if you quit the song and go back to the main menu. The screen goes white and locks up the PS3.

This is a Digital Downloaded version of the game so i can only think its a bug with the game or a issue with the hard drive.

Wonko_C

Has anybody else had any issues with the game crashing and locking the system up.

For me after the song has finished and just before the score / grade screen appears or if you quit the song and go back to the main menu. The screen goes white and locks up the PS3.

This is a Digital Downloaded version of the game so i can only think its a bug with the game or a issue with the hard drive.

Sounds like an autosave issue. The game should "freeze" for a half a second then show "SAVE" in those parts you described, not completely crash your PS3. Try turning autosave off.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Only 2000? That sounds pretty limited, but I guess these probably cost a lot to manufacture.

My biggest issue with this game is that I still can't seem to find a comfortable spot for calibration. I have narrowed it down to like 25-15 area but it's painful to move down or up one number and play a song over and over to recognize any differences. Why rhythm games don't have some sort of calibration tool is mindboggling.

Despite this, I finished Sadistic music factory and negaposi on extreme, I don't ever think I will get greats or higher on those @___@

I just thought of something: those Project Diva controllers are going to be perfect for playing Divekick.

It has far too many buttons for that though - even considering the arcade style version's ability to cover unused buttons, even if you use all four included blank covers. You'd have to have the covers from multiple controllers to be able to cover all but two.

antibolo

Banned
It has far too many buttons for that though - even considering the arcade style version's ability to cover unused buttons, even if you use all four included blank covers. You'd have to have the covers from multiple controllers to be able to cover all but two.

Uh... I was thinking on just using the leftmost and rightmost buttons. No need to cover anything.

This morning's news:

[10:45] <Chibiko> Guys whatever you do
[10:45] <Chibiko> DO NOT BUY MEGPOID THE MUSIC
[10:46] <Chibiko> It's terrible
[10:46] <Chibiko> The end.
[10:46] <zalas> lol
[10:46] <zalas> yeah
[10:46] <zalas> apparently there's timing problems
[10:46] <Chibiko> It's very bad
[10:47] <Chibiko> I regret buying it
[10:47] <Chibiko> All the songs were chopped up
[10:47] <Chibiko> They are all 1:30min average
[10:47] <Chibiko> Ama no Jaku has it the worst
[10:48] <Chibiko> It plays normally then the moment the first chorus is over it abruptly ends
[10:48] <Chibiko> All the menus lag really badly and the list goes on

Also, 3/29 Weekly Diva Station update: glasses! Looks like two models of eyewear by Washin modeled after DIVA F.

PD-001:

PD-002:

yyr

It was already stuck in my head by the time I read your post. I didn't even think about it, it just happened. lol

antibolo

Banned
While grinding for the Rin Future Style module this weekend (ie. play as Rin 51 times to unlock) I discovered some pretty cool things that the game does when you select other vocaloids than the default one:

1) In both Yume no tsuduki and Senbonzakura, if you choose another character than Miku the game will appropriately swap the corresponding background character with Miku to avoid redundancy. (strangely if you swap with Rin in Senbonzakura, the background Miku will be missing the doll, and awkwardly holding nothingness in her hands instead)

2) Similarly to the above. in Kamikyoku the "leader" chibi character will match with yours.

3) My favorite: In Rin-chan Now!, if you choose other characters than Miku and Luka the Twitter gags will appropriately tag the tweets as the right character!! (name, porttrait, color) It even works correctly with the DLC characters!

I really like the attention to detail that was put in this game.

Grokbu

So my sister is gonna buy the PS3 version of Project Diva f from PSN, but we're not quite sure wether she should buy it from the HK store or the JP one?
The main reason she wants to buy from HK is that it's quite a bit cheaper. The main concern with buying from there is that we're not quite sure how they will handle the DLC though. So I was gonna ask, since the HK store sells the Japanese version, would she be able to buy DLC from the JP store in case of there being DLC inconsistencies between the stores?

So my sister is gonna buy the PS3 version of Project Diva f from PSN, but we're not quite sure wether she should buy it from the HK store or the JP one?
The main reason she wants to buy from HK is that it's quite a bit cheaper. The main concern with buying from there is that we're not quite sure how they will handle the DLC though. So I was gonna ask, since the HK store sells the Japanese version, would she be able to buy DLC from the JP store in case of there being DLC inconsistencies between the stores?

The only way to guarantee DLC compatibility is to buy the game from the region the DLC is released in. Cross region DLC compatibility tends to be incompatible far more often than not.

Also, the capitalization of the F is important: "f" refers to the Vita version and "F" refers to the PS3 version. Both are purchaseable from PS3, so be careful you're purchasing the correct one.

Grokbu

The only way to guarantee DLC compatibility is to buy the game from the region the DLC is released in. Cross region DLC compatibility tends to be incompatible far more often than not.
Ah, alright.
I got a bit confused if maybe the copy from the HK store and the one from the JP store would be considered to be from the same "region", as it said "Japanese version" in the HK store. But I'm not sure if that simply means that its in Japanese, while being from a "different region".

I guess the safest bet to ensure that you get DLC would be to buy it from the JP store then.

Also, the capitalization of the F is important: "f" refers to the Vita version and "F" refers to the PS3 version. Both are purchaseable from PS3, so be careful you're purchasing the correct one.
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the help.

Tom_Cody

I am looking for a youtube video that features a middle-aged western man talking about Hatsune Miku. I had originally seen it on GAF but I just searched and I was not able to come up with it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I kind of wanted to use the second one as sunglasses, before I realized it was half-rim on the bottom. If it was half-rim from the top, I'd totally go for it.

Well I was planning to use them for my normal pair but I'm not sure which will look best. I wish I could have gotten those Bayonetta glasses when they were available and I could just get the second pair for funsies.

The manufacturer actually posted this note shortly after the product was listed:

Thanks for the info. I hope they update soon about outside of Japan delivery. I've been needing a new pair for a long time and for some reason I really want a pair of HM's glasses. I've had my current ones for about 3 years

Well I'll grab a pair, but I'm having trouble deciding which kind I should go for. x:

I'm having the same dilemma. I'd get PD-001 but I'm wondering if I can pull off PD-002. It's one of those situations where you have to try it on to know and that would mean buying a pair.

Top Bottom