• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

ZeroAKA

Still trying to find a simple play guide on the net. I mean, just don't know how it is played. I'm on easy and doing mostly Circles but then some Star symbol comes in. Is there a guide anywhere that helps folks who are new to the game? Can't seem to find any.
On the Vita version, swipe the screen when you see the star popping up. On the PS3 version, flick one of the analog sticks.

EDIT:

Looks like amazon.com.jp is officially selling the big version for 34000 Yen and releasing 11 March, which works out to about $365. So, add in another $80 for shipping and maybe $450 delivered. I've preordered, again:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00BOLJWBM/

Also, the new photos of the actual stick show that it does indeed have a repurposed touch pad that Hori used on the Otomedius stick.

I'll just pretend that I didn't see this post, nor the link...

...That's a great price for the large controller...

Wynnebeck

Banned

Got a chance to use the big controller a few weeks ago at Katsucon up in Washington, D.C. If that controller at Amazon in the same size as the one I played there, it's pretty damn big. Like CS Pop'n Music controller big.

Yes Boss!

I know,

I quickly threw it in my cart to preorder. I'm actually a huge, huge Hori fan and deeply regret missing the first one. This second one has been a struggle. But now that amazon is listing it I'll buy it.

Also, I found this finally:

http://projectdiva.wikispaces.com/

It will help as I make my way through the game.

And, after using the Mini Controller I dig it! It is totally cute...just like the game. I put it on a table and I'm about two feet away from my 40" TV for an arcade experience. I'm happy I went with the black.

yyr

My Mini Miku Controller came in. Pretty good quality for the $90.

Those are really quick disconnects on the buttons? Wow, I'm kind of shocked. I figured they'd be soldered to a PCB, just like on the Fighting Sticks. That said, there isn't any sort of replacement button we can order right now, is there...?

Yes Boss!

Those are really quick disconnects on the buttons? Wow, I'm kind of shocked. I figured they'd be soldered to a PCB, just like on the Fighting Sticks. That said, there isn't any sort of replacement button we can order right now, is there...?

I don't think there are any replacements. And the switches look proprietary. I compared to my other buttons and they appear smaller switches. Starcreator knows about these things and could probably answer. Hori seems to have gone with quick-diconnects now, even on the cheaper sticks. The mini is still a budget stick, with maybe a $15 premium for the specialized buttons. The thing is adorable. It is totally cute sitting in my gameroom among all those other big ass sticks. I've got some pretty heavy-hitter sticks and it holds its own. I think it is those fancy dome buttons!

cuilan

So it being 30fps is pretty much confirmed now, what a shame...And I'm hearing that it too lacks leaderboards, just like the Vita version...

Sega must really not want the ports to eat away at the arcade version's userbase/popularity or something.

Scratch notes definitely feel less accurate on the analog compared to the back touch.

Yeah, I noticed this as well when I played the demo. I would have gotten a Great in Tokyo Teddybear on Hard on my first try had that not been an issue.

I think I'll just be sticking with the Vita one.

kiryogi

Banned
I feel stupid, but I installed the DLC. How do I access it? (On Vita)

? It should be available on the track/module selections. You'll see the words EXTRA on the new selections. Unless you needed to have cleared the game before hand or something, but no idea on that.

beanman25

? It should be available on the track/module selections. You'll see the words EXTRA on the new selections. Unless you needed to have cleared the game before hand or something, but no idea on that.

I'm not seeing that. I haven't completed everything, so I suppose that could be it.

I have the game downloaded from PSN if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Hadn't updated yet, so that might be it.

Double edit: got it!

Gearing up to start another stream. Going to be testing out the arcade style controller today!

http://www.twitch.tv/starcreator

EDIT: All done, recording is here: http://www.twitch.tv/starcreator/b/376186071

I haven't opened the controller up yet, but everything looks to be pretty much the same from an external inspection. Besides the touchpad, the only addition is a second toggle switch on the control panel at the upper right, which is marked L/R. Presumably, it controls which analog stick the touchpad is mapped to.

Sadly, that wasn't the case. Maybe 100 times? Leveling her up in Diva Room? I'll try those.

To be sure, only plays on the PS3 version count. Play counts don't carry over from your Vita save.

Also, Project DIVA Wiki lists clearing Rin-chan Nau on Easy or Normal is also a requirement.

Dragoshi1

Just got the Japanese Demo, did the song with Luka and Miku, and enjoying it.

I nailed each one with a "Fine", but what exactly is the new Star symbol? Just push the stick in a random direction? And what about the giant Star that showed up later?

Just got the Japanese Demo, did the song with Luka and Miku, and enjoying it.

I nailed each one with a "Fine", but what exactly is the new Star symbol? Just push the stick in a random direction? And what about the giant Star that showed up later?

It's kind of a poor replacement for DIVA f (Vita)'s touchscreen notes. You basically swiped the screen up and down as if it were a DJ turntable. Both DIVA f and DIVA F give super wide leeway on the scratch notes so you'll always get Fine if you make a halfway decent attempt at it, but you should still aim to get Cool.

Chance Time always ends with a giant scratch note; you'll notice during Chance Time you are filling a star-shaped meter. If the meter is full AND you hit the big scratch note, you earn Chance Time Success, which changes the PV in some way.

Dragoshi1

Ah, so doing it successfully activates one of those moments from Project Diva 1 and 2 from PSP?

Cool, I'll have to redo the song to get it right.

Ah, so doing it successfully activates one of those moments from Project Diva 1 and 2 from PSP?

Cool, I'll have to redo the song to get it right.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Chance Time Success is a new mechanic for f/F. No other entry in the series has alternate outcomes based on Chance Time.

Have not used it yet but just checking it out quick-like, the buttons are probably the least robust item on the stick...they tend to give off a bit of audible vibration and have a hollow cheap feeling. I've not used it in game though...If it is something that becomes bothersome it should be easy enough to slip some inexpensive foam in there to dampen and make the buttons feel better. So far I'm quite pleased with the quality for the low price point. Wish I could have stomached the $600 for the Big Stick but that was over my threshold. Kinda tempted to get the little white one from amazon as well.

Looks like this person came up with a way to dampen the sound already. It's in Japanese but I don't think it's hard to figure out what he's doing based on photos: http://hijuki831.blog28.fc2.com/blog-entry-59.html

I don't think there are any replacements. And the switches look proprietary. I compared to my other buttons and they appear smaller switches. Starcreator knows about these things and could probably answer. Hori seems to have gone with quick-diconnects now, even on the cheaper sticks. The mini is still a budget stick, with maybe a $15 premium for the specialized buttons. The thing is adorable. It is totally cute sitting in my gameroom among all those other big ass sticks. I've got some pretty heavy-hitter sticks and it holds its own. I think it is those fancy dome buttons!

Looks like it could be the same style of switch you'd find on a 30mm button based on the size and the images from that Japanese link above - it's got the same style of plunger. Looks a little different from the one used in the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller though... maybe they're leftover Kuro switches?

Yes Boss!

Looks like this person came up with a way to dampen the sound already. It's in Japanese but I don't think it's hard to figure out what he's doing based on photos: http://hijuki831.blog28.fc2.com/blog-entry-59.html

I logged about ten hours on the stick and game on Sunday. Buttons worked fine for me...but was also using headphones and a mini DAC AMP.

Looks like that dude secured each button. I was thinking the vibration was coming from inside the button and a decent heavy-weight foam cut into a donut and inserted would dampen. It is nothing that has bothered me much yet, though.

Internal switches look small...at least to some Seimitsu buttons I have lying around....they might be similar without the extra plastic. I'll have to open some of my other Sanwa stick to more compare.

Dwayne

I just got Project F for Vita and have unlocked a few costumes and what not in Song mode. How do I choose the costumes? Also, how can I change the Vocaloid for each song? I haven't explored too much yet so sorry if these are dumb questions.

I just got Project F for Vita and have unlocked a few costumes and what not in Song mode. How do I choose the costumes? Also, how can I change the Vocaloid for each song? I haven't explored too much yet so sorry if these are dumb questions.

If you mean change the vocals for a song, you can't. Nothing you do affects the song audio.

When you unlock a module (costume), it appears in the shop, where you then have to purchase it for use with your DP (the points you earn for completing each song). Once it's purchased, it'll appear in the list of modules you can bring up by hitting the left-most button after selecting a song (alongside the PV and Play buttons).

Also, nitpick, but capitalization of the f matters. DIVA f is Vita. DIVA F is PS3.

Dwayne

If you mean change the vocals for a song, you can't. Nothing you do affects the song audio.

When you unlock a module (costume), it appears in the shop, where you then have to purchase it for use with your DP (the points you earn for completing each song). Once it's purchased, it'll appear in the list of modules you can bring up by hitting the left-most button after selecting a song (alongside the PV and Play buttons).

Also, nitpick, but capitalization of the f matters. DIVA f is Vita. DIVA F is PS3.

Thanks for the note, I didn't realise :)
When I select a song from the song list, it brings up a list on the left side where it says Vocal 01, what is that list?

Thanks for the note, I didn't realise :)
When I select a song from the song list, it brings up a list on the right side where it says Vocal 01, what is that list?

It just tells you who the vocalist for that song is, or if the song has multiple vocalists or just guest characters you can customize. Even if you change the module in that position, vocalist icons don't actually change.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Looks like it could be the same style of switch you'd find on a 30mm button based on the size and the images from that Japanese link above - it's got the same style of plunger. Looks a little different from the one used in the Dreamy Theater 2nd controller though... maybe they're leftover Kuro switches?

God, I am so weak. Ordered it after watching that video, I simply cannot resist another piece of plastic to add to my music peripheral collection. I was deluded into thinking I would buy the big one eventually but who am I kidding, that one costs a lot.

Gxgear

If someone could answer a question for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Am I not suppose to be able to update Project Diva f with a NA account? It keeps giving me an error when trying to install...

I don't have f yet, but I bought a code on Yahoo! Auctions to get it for 1500 yen off. 8000 yen will be enough for the game and all DLC. Payday can't come soon enough!

Weekly Diva Station has been focusing on Project DIVA Arcade for a while. This isn't stuff we'll see in the US unless the location test at Round 1 Puente Hills is a success, but here's the posts detailing the content being added in March:

3/12: Three songs being added on 3/19. See a video showing all three songs here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEnkbs-sX-U

diva_songs_Mar2013_miku_39.jpg

Music by sasakure.UK / Lyrics by DECO*27
Arranged by sasakure.UK & DECO*27 / Illustration by のん

diva_songs_Mar2013_meiko_afterburner.jpg

AFTER BURNER
Music by HIRO(SEGA)
Lyrics & Arranged by Hal
Illustration by こーじょー(SEGA)

Produced under a license from Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation.
F-14D Super Tomcat and A-6E Intruder are trademarks of Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation.

diva_songs_Mar2013_miku_senbonzakura.jpg

千本桜 (Senbonzakura)
Music & Lyrics by 黒うさ / Guitar played by hajime
PV created by 三重の人 / Illustration by 一斗まる

3/11: New UI icons. Sakura Miku, four years of Snow Miku, and...

skin_674.jpg

3/8: New modules added 3/12.

Racing Miku 2012ver.:
diva_module_mar_miku_racing2012_00.jpg

diva_module_mar_miku_racing2012_01.jpg

diva_module_mar_miku_racing2012_02.jpg

KAITO V3:
diva_module_mar_kaito_v3_00.jpg

diva_module_mar_kaito_v3_01.jpg

diva_module_mar_kaito_v3_03.jpg

BB Operator:
diva_module_mar_meiko_bboperator00.jpg

diva_module_mar_meiko_bboperator01.jpg

diva_module_mar_meiko_bboperator02.jpg

3/7: Introducing the "We Love Music Game" campaign. This seems to involve both Project DIVA Arcade and SEGA's other arcade music game, maimai. Didn't really look for details since only Japanese need apply anyway.

wlmg_banner.jpg

Top Bottom