• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO is airing a marathon of The Wire remastered in HD (one season per day, Dec 26-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Me too. A lot of people missed out on the Wire when it was aired live. And the show has gotten a huge push in popularity. I was hoping they would do an episode every Sunday or Saturday. And air it like it was on TV again (new). Would be a good filler too for their programming.

That said, this is awesome too. A lot of people prefer having everything at once. I get that. And since this has already aired before, I can understand a lot of people NOT wanting the format we wanted. Plus, since it is on HBO GO and (I assume Blu Ray eventually). You could watch an episode a week if you wanted to.
One episode each weeknight is perfect and leaves viewers on the same page.

HBO did it that way for both Oz and Sopranos.

TTG

Bleh, missed most of episode one, not that I haven't seen it about 5 times over. My DVR can spare 44%, maybe a little over 50 if I jettison some stuff, bring it.

Burt

The only nice thing about The Wire intro is that it's so goddamn long I think I can squeeze in an entire lunch before the episode resumes.

Leunam

My TV isn't going off all day. Chores ain't gonna get done, grocery shopping ain't happening. Better order pizza right away.

Should we maybe have a thread for people who have already seen the show and want a place where they can post spoilers?

Just ran across this-- man, I wish I didn't have family obligations today. McNulty, how I've missed you!

Is there an HD blu-ray release of this? I think I have a DVD set. I would totally rebuy for an HD upgrade.

tanuki

Watching the first ep on HBO Go. It looks good in HD, but mainly it's great to have an excuse for a Wire re-watch. So good.

TTG

I know Stringer's career took off and Avon's apparently didn't, but I really like Avon's character here. The guy is good.

Ah Bubbles, my favorite TV character of all time.

I think I'd agree with you there. Also, here's a fun fact about Bubble's that I've posted before in a different Wire thread:

Royo is mostly known for his starring role on the HBO crime-drama series The Wire as the drug addict and confidential informant Reginald "Bubbles" Cousins, a regular character since the show's first season. Royo's portrayal of this character was so convincing that, during on-location filming, he was once approached by a Baltimore resident and given a small package of heroin, with the man saying to the in-character Royo: "Man, you need a fix more than I do." Royo has called this incident his "street Oscar."[5]

Mononoke

Banned
Why are people DVRing it? It's on HBO Go in much better quality... :)

I think some thought it was going to be a once a week thing. But yeah, now that they are releasing it all at once, there is zero point to DVRing. You couldn't. Too many episodes. So HBO Go it is.

I hope this gets a blu ray release.

kingslunk

I think some thought it was going to be a once a week thing. But yeah, now that they are releasing it all at once, there is zero point to DVRing. You couldn't. Too many episodes. So HBO Go it is.

I hope this gets a blu ray release.

It is getting a blu Ray release. I think in Summer?

Milabrega

Looking forward to the Episode 4 scene: (spoil tagged for first time viewers)
"Fuck, Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck"
, which i think is coming up nowish. That's when the show first clicked with me.

Leunam

I've never confirmed it, but I'm pretty sure Orlando was an extra in the background in a previous episode. Outside the high rises.

Zoolader

I don't know why I'm watching this when it's already on episode 5 and I've never seen this show before. Somebody talk some sense into me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom