• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls coming to PS4 (pal only for now, US to follow)

Caayn

after Microsofts backward compatibility announcement, this stuff makes me laugh hard.
Why? I like that MS announced local BC, but I still think this is a good thing.

BC != remastered version.

Rare is also releasing 360 games in August for the XB1, even though you can play the 360 version as well. I don't see the problem there either, just like I don't see it here.
Can we import this to the US?
Should work fine, PS4 is region free after all.

This doesn't sound like a Remaster though it just sounds like they're releasing the same games on the PS4.
Considering the Beyond port has an additional mode to play chronologically I assume they did make changes to the code. At least 1080p is definitely a given.

Interested in experiencing Heavy Rain again, its been awhile. Surely its not only for EU right?
If it is, you can still buy digitally no problem from the EU store.

Excited for Heavy Rain! Beyond...not at all. Really didn't like that. Although, playing in chronological order is a pretty nice feature. Not sure why the story wasn't told that way in the first place.

I'd rather have backwards compatible than pay again for the game to look slightly nicer.

I love both of those games, but I'm not going to buy them again.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Aren't you excited about the Gears remaster?

Not really.

Why? I like that MS announced local BC, but I still think this is a good thing.

BC != remastered version.

Rare is also releasing 360 games in August for the XB1, even though you can play the 360 version as well. I don't see the problem there either, just like I don't see it here.
Should work fine, PS4 is region free after all.

Well its true that BC != remastered version. But for games like these, if I had a choice to just get 5$ version and play it, I wouldn't mind. Choice is what I am complaining about, you have to spend this much to play on PS4. You see what I mean?

And please dont compare 30$ for 30 games with other remastered lol

I'm sure he'd rather pay nothing and play the 360 version in 720p upto 30fps with weak AA.

Nah.
of course I wouldn't if the online community is still active on original gears. No way I am paying for a remastered version now just for a campaign if I have a choice to play the same game for few buck. Got it free with Games with gold anyways.

thelastword

Banned
Awesome news, at least we're getting both games. Can't wait to see the improvements in textures and IQ and framerate of course.

Beyond still has black bars
Of course it does, if you remove them via config hack on PS3 the game barely sees any performance impact outside of 1-2 scenes. It was purely done for artistic reasons and had nothing to do with performance as some people are always quick to point out.

jcm

SCEA needs to get with the program. I digital release should cost them very little. ESRB rating and QA are about it, right?

EU only means SCEA said nope. Wonder why.
I assume retail sales wouldn't be worth it in that region, but a digital release should be free, so thats kinda weird. However the digital version of Beyond for PS3 also arrived a few months later in NA iirc, so maybe they just dont care lol

Replicant

Luckily I'm from Australia so I don't think it will effect me. Still it's a bit weird, have there been any other games that have only released in EU and not NA or vice versa?

Australia is usually part of EU as far as game is concerned. Our games are pretty much EU games with different disc cover/rating system.

As for US, PS4 is region-free so it wouldn't be that difficult to import physical copy or if that's too difficult, just buy it from EU PSN and play it on your US account.

Shin-Ra

The original Vimeo video with all this got taken down.

Nice, there's some Ellen Page stuff there too.

13818999015_9686254720_o.png

13818999155_9972979d82_o.png
13818999355_47f09a1283_o.png
13818998865_a8552f919e_o.png
13818999025_abd7337354_o.png

13819458004_1bddb82cbc_o.png

BeforeU

Comments like these make me cringe hard. I'd rather take the enhancements than having it run like ass. Thank you.

And comment like these makes me cringe even harder. I would rather have a choice to spend less or no money for the game i already own. Defense force here is real. Read my last reply. You like remaster thats good, but now it definitely feels like a shitty practice. And forcing onto consumer the only way you can play this.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Why in the world wouldn't they release this digitally in North America? Perhaps the PAL only portion pertains to the physical double pack release?

BeforeU

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Why the hell won't they release this in US digitally? It costs them nothing to do that.

And comment like these makes me cringe even harder. I would rather have a choice to spend less or no money for the game i already own. Defense force here is real. Read my last reply. You like remaster thats good, but now it definitely feels like a shitty practice. And forcing onto consumer the only way you can play this.
It's not the only way. If you don't mind that it won't be 1080p/60, you can play them for cheap on PSNow (well I think anyway, a ton of other PS3 games can be played that way)

MUnited83

For you.

Well, except, you know, playing it on a PS3? I mean, you do know that they didn't provoke a mass extinction of PS3, correct? They still exist.

BeforeU

How the hell do they force you? Think before you post stupid shit like this.

Umm I wanna play Heavy Rain. Bought it digitally on PS3 few years back when it was on sale. Sold my PS3 in 2014. Now if I have choice I would revisit. You know, without buying the console again. For cheaper price but in my case for free actually. But do I have a choice? Oh ya my post is the shitty one here.

Well, except, you know, playing it on a PS3? I mean, you do know that they didn't provoke a mass extinction of PS3, correct? They still exist.

But the whole point of BC is not to have your console but still keep your gaming collection.

Why the hell did they not promote this at the conference?

Because it is ok to show off US only stuff and say "Sod you rest of world" but not ok to show non US stuff and say "Sod you US".

Or because they're just remasters, not GoW III or Master Thief Collection either....

So its a console waring now?lol amazing. Anyways read my previous two posts.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=168288913

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=168291698

Its that first drive by post that's so silly... You go into a thread about a Sony game, talk about how it's funny Sony is doing something because of what Microsoft is doing...

This thread had nothing to do with Microsoft by the way. Then start claiming defense force, shitty practice, forcing onto the consumer, etc....Look at your first comment... All these complaints you have now, all your reasoning was absent from your first comment..

You threw out the Microsoft bait, in a Sony thread, people bit, now it's defense force.... Now you are the one trying to defend that initial comment. I don't even necessarily disagree with everything you are saying, if you would have given some type of explanation in the first place...

And forcing onto consumer the only way you can play this.

Forcing, lol. If you have a PS3 you can play these games on your PS3. If you have a PS4 and don't own a PS3 well then here is a way to play these games you might not have had a chance to play before. Nobody is forced to do anything, your comments don't make any sense.

BeforeU

You go into a thread about a Sony game, talk about how it's funny Sony is doing something because of what Microsoft is doing...

This thread had nothing to do with Microsoft by the way. Then start claiming defense force, shitty practice, forcing onto the consumer, etc....Look at your first comment... All these complaints you have now, all your reasoning was absent from your first comment..

You threw out the Microsoft bait, in a Sony thread, people bit, now it's defense force....I don't even necessarily disagree with everything you are saying, if you would have given some type of explanation in the first place...

I understand, should have been clearer. Didnt think the post would have come off as a click bait

Forcing, lol. If you have a PS3 you can play these games on your PS3. If you have a PS4 and don't own a PS3 well then here is a way to play these games you might not have had a chance to play before. Nobody is forced to do anything, your comments don't make any sense.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=168293368

Top Bottom