• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Nine |OT| A contestant infuriates Chef Ramsay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

SillyPuty said:
I bet Will is probably secretly really bitter. WOWSA!

Nah. While I felt he was the better chef, that's the game for you. And haha Ramsey said it himself. STOP BEING SUCH A BITCH. Even he called Elise a bitch. That says it all right there.

ElRenoRaven

Chamber said:
Paul got put over. The mom issues coming up in the last episode was a big tip off.

All said and done it was. All season they didn't mention it worth a damn then that's hammered home over and over again in the final.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PsychoRaven said:
All said and done it was. All season they didn't mention it worth a damn then that's hammered home over and over again in the final.

Man, you guys give NO ONE any credit EVER.

Chamber said:
Paul got put over. The mom issues coming up in the last episode was a big tip off.
in hindsight you can see it! But the way they made Will seem like the clear fave counteracted it.

Paul definitely improved the most, and had the most passion, what more could ya ask forrrrr.

CrankyJay said:
Rewind your replays...Paul's handle was turned down slightly more than Will's before they even turned them. Looked way off to me.
lol I like how we're hardcore analyzing now so we can predict better in the future.

CrankyJay

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
lol I like how we're hardcore analyzing now so we can predict better in the future.

LOL yep. Don't get me wrong though...I'm happy Paul won. It was a dream finale. They were the two best all season.

ElRenoRaven

commish said:

Um way to skim the thread and not see the posts where I for example gave him tons of credit. But you keep trying to make it look like nobody is giving him credit.

CrankyJay said:
LOL yep. Don't get me wrong though...I'm happy Paul won. It was a dream finale. They were the two best all season.

Yup. We really could not have had a better finale then that. Without a doubt the two who deserved to be there were there.

CrankyJay said:
yeah first one in a while where I would be happy either way. And it's alright I've tried to analyze the door handle many times to predict the winner.

I COULD NEVER GET A HANDLE ON IT.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
commish said:
Sorry, I was defending Paul when you throwing him under the bus in favor of Elise and claiming not to be a white knight.

I like Paul. He's a good chef but the show was edited in a way to make Will come off as the best all year long. That's just a fact. Add in Paul's sudden mommy issues and yeah, it looks like Will got jobbed.

ElRenoRaven

Chamber said:
Sorry, I was defending Paul when you throwing him under the bus in favor of Elise and claiming not to be a white knight.

I like Paul. He's a good chef but the show was edited in a way to make Will come off as the best all year long. That's just a fact.

It is too. However from the start both Paul and Will were picked by almost everyone to make the finals. Sure a few misguided people thought Elise actually stood a chance but still. The simple fact that almost everyone had those two pegged from the start should show that they've been given a ton of credit.

PsychoRaven said:
It is too. However from the start both Paul and Will were picked by almost everyone to make the finals. Sure a few misguided people though Elise actually stood a chance but still. The simple fact that almost everyone had those two pegged from the start should show that they've been given a ton of credit.
word, I called it like...2 or 3 episodes in. But I honestly thought Will had the win in the bag BUT I'm not surprised Paul won, he deserves it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
PsychoRaven said:
It is too. However from the start both Paul and Will were picked by almost everyone to make the finals. Sure a few misguided people thought Elise actually stood a chance but still. The simple fact that almost everyone had those two pegged from the start should show that they've been given a ton of credit.
Well I had Will and Jennifer first but eventually it became clear Paul was above Jennifer. The pecking order the this season was definitely clear early on.

commish

Chamber said:

I like Paul. He's a good chef but the show was edited in a way to make Will come off as the best all year long. That's just a fact. Add in Paul's sudden mommy issues and yeah, it looks like Will got jobbed.

Do you watch wrestling? :p

ElRenoRaven

Chamber said:
Well I had Will and Jennifer first but eventually it became clear Paul was above Jennifer. The pecking order the this season was definitely clear early on.

I figured Will and Paul with Jennifer coming in third. She however started sucking pretty hard at the end. Even though those were my choices for the top 3 I was hoping Carrie and/or Natalie would make it to the end. Namely cause they were pretty good looking. As mentioned before those chef's uniforms so do not make the ladies look good.

CrankyJay

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
I figured Will and Paul with Jennifer coming in third. She however started sucking pretty hard at the end. Even though those were my choices for the top 3 I was hoping Carrie and/or Natalie would make it to the end. Namely cause they were pretty good looking. As mentioned before those chef's uniforms so do not make the ladies look good.

I think Elise was cute despite how fucking irritating she was most of the season. She seemed alright these late two episodes though. Was hoping for a final battle between Elise/Carrie.

I usually just watch Hell's Kitchen for the entertainment and I don't care too much who wins but I really wanted Will to take it. Paul was competent and all but Will was so much better.

agrajag

Banned
Didn't watch a single episode of this (don't care for this show), but a friend of mine and a classmate from culinary school worked under Paul at St. Regis/Ritz Carlton. So I'm happy for him. Also, there was an interview with him on a local radio show this morning where he pretty much gave it away that he won.

Threi

notag
Well that's done with.

Meh season, most unbearable goes to...GAF. Far more annoying than the person they were annoyed at.

Will should have won, but its no Patrozza shit.

Overall:
h5XxI.jpg

Was happy for either but Will was my pre-pick. Once the mom stuff came out I figured it would go to Paul .. Aww well . Good competitive final 4 though.

Hate Elise more than Rachel and Brenda from BB. I wanted more tears from her. Bitch can lead and cook(for the most part) but can't follow for shit, blames other people for her fuck ups and talks way too much. Her voice especially when yelling started to become unbearable. Fuck her.

benjipwns

Banned
Runner up in season four, he lost to a less experienced Christina because Ramsay saw something "special" in her.

Apparently she's one of the more successful winners though. Not comparable to Heather from season two or anything but she was working at one of Thomas Kellar's places last I saw.

Pkaz01

I actually liked this season even though it was full of idiots it was still damn entertaining. and it shows how much editing changes up the show all season elise is a bitch finale comes she is the hero.

UberTag

UberTag said:
At least Will will have to actually compete tonight instead of hiding out on garnish waiting for other people to screw up. I'm cheering for Paul to win in an upset.
Just finished watching tonight's finale! HELL YEAH, PAULIE WON!!!
This ranks up there with one of the best Hell's Kitchen seasons for me.

benjipwns

Banned
Thinking about it, I'd love an All-Star season at this point. Of the talents cut short (like the one asian girl who got injured, the "losers" like Petrozza, etc.), not what FOX would pick. :lol Hell, most of the winners could come back since they aren't doing anything.

Will and Paul were probably too good for the show to be in the same season, like Dave and Kevin. Also Michael and Ralph.

I hope Will winds up on Top Chef or something, I want him to do every cooking reality show until he finally doesn't finish second.

commish

Threi said:
Well that's done with.

Meh season, most unbearable goes to...GAF. Far more annoying than the person they were annoyed at.

I can agree with that. The reactions here were pretty undeserved, but at least Elise got to shine in the finale and was the reason Paul won.

commish

benjipwns said:
Thinking about it, I'd love an All-Star season at this point. Of the talents cut short (like the one asian girl who got injured, the "losers" like Petrozza, etc.), not what FOX would pick. :lol Hell, most of the winners could come back since they aren't doing anything.

Will and Paul were probably too good for the show to be in the same season, like Dave and Kevin. Also Michael and Ralph.

I hope Will winds up on Top Chef or something, I want him to do every cooking reality show until he finally doesn't finish second.

The chefs on Top Chef are quite a cut above the chefs on Hells Kitchen.

commish

ChocolateCupcakes said:
Will was on Chopped (right?) I think he could do it.

Even on Chopped, though, chefs only create 3 dishes, tops, in less than 2 hours time, using the random ingredients given to them. It's harder to stand out under those conditions. Over a season of Top Chef, I feel like Will would get demolished.

benjipwns said:
Uhh, yeah, obviously.

So... he couldn't win against the lower quality chefs of Hells Kitchen, but you want to see him compete against the superior chefs of Top Chef?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
commish said:
I can agree with that. The reactions here were pretty undeserved, but at least Elise got to shine in the finale and was the reason Paul won.
lol

Didn't you chastise us for not giving Paul credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom