• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

Styles

Bless Godrilla.

dNGRt6i.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
NG+ seems kinda pointless. The game barely has any RPG elements as it is and you can max out Aloy pretty easily (and quite early on in the main quest) by doing the side content. Extra ammo types early on is nice I guess but really being marginally more powerful in the early parts of the game doesn't really sound all that enticing to me. I guess if you just want to play through the story again with the least resistance.
I get your point, but at least for me it's super cool cuz i really wanted to replay the whole game on a harder difficulty with all the cool skills unlocked from the get go. :3

GG also added new unlockables and weapons to NG+, so there's a little bit of new content too.
The bees knees will be the DLC tho.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
post game content done right.

the only problem I have with it is that it detersme from picking up games early int heir release seeing how much has gotten changed through patches. its fine though overall.

can't wait to pick up this game!

Tovarisc

Anyone fire up NG+ yet? Can you confirm if you can start off with the Heavy Stalwart armor? I can't rememember if it was tied in with story or not, and you got it really late game, but it's hands down the best looking armor, so I'd love to play my entire NG+ with that...

E: Also, if you burn through a NG+, I wonder if you'll be way over leveled for Frozen Wilds?

NG+ doesn't increase level cap and you hit level cap very easily during first playthrough.

I'm surprised if DLC isn't balanced around idea of near maxed out Aloy.

Edit: This is very CDPR like approach to post-release support, I like it.

VariantX

Fuck, I have too many games and not enough time it seems and its doubly hard when the games I already have pop back up with more content in them. First world problems indeed.

Blam

YES YES YES. NG+ is exactly what I wanted from this. Now the real question is does it stack like a Dark Souls game.

valkyre

Massive respect for Guerilla... MASSIVE.

And I was about to replay it! :) (after more than 150 hrs already on my main playthrough)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Still no option to turn off/down the motion blur, right?

oh man ,_, I'll never be able to play this game ;_;

TheGrizz

Horizon: Zero Dawn, I salute you! THIS is how you release and SUPPORT a game you have developed. I love it!

X-Frame

Honestly if we can't use the Ancient armor in NG+ I wouldn't really mind. I ended up not really wearing it much anyway since Stealth was so powerful.

Anyone fire up NG+ yet? Can you confirm if you can start off with the Heavy Stalwart armor? I can't rememember if it was tied in with story or not, and you got it really late game, but it's hands down the best looking armor, so I'd love to play my entire NG+ with that...

E: Also, if you burn through a NG+, I wonder if you'll be way over leveled for Frozen Wilds?

The Stalwart Outfit is story based, so you can't use it in the beginning of NG+.

Do I need to beat the game on Ultra Hard first if I want to play it in New Game + Ultra Hard?

Or I can play New Game + in Ultra Hard directly?

If you finished the game once, you can play NG+ in every difficulty level, including Ultra Hard.

Wait, so you can't use the Shield Weave Armor and *****'s Lance in NG+?

You can use the Shield-weaver Armor and the lance in the beginning of NG+, but not the Stalwart Outfit.

The Stalwart Outfit is story based, so you can't use it in the beginning of NG+.

If you finished the game once, you can play NG+ in every difficulty level, including Ultra Hard.

You can use the Shield-weaver Armor and the lance in the beginning of NG+, but not the Stalwart Outfit.
Oh, that's fine then.

I would have 100% thought the opposite for both those two things. Also the Heavy Stalwart thing breaks my heart. Most of the armor designs in the game are atrocious, accuracy to the motif they're going for not-withstanding.

Bummed to hear that but oh well. I never used shield weave anyway because I got it so late.

alt27

Im confused, is there better armour than the shield weave now, stalwart??: And what is the special weapon and where did you get it? I did 100% the game but not sure I got the weapon?

firelogic

post game content done right.

the only problem I have with it is that it detersme from picking up games early int heir release seeing how much has gotten changed through patches. its fine though overall.

can't wait to pick up this game!

This game wasn't changed much, at least not the base game. A few quality of life things were changed but it wasn't a huge thing. NG+ is something you unlock once you finish the game so no big deal there either as the base game is largely unchanged. It's weird that GG is getting some negativity aimed towards them for improving the game. It's not a Square Enix situation where they added new story elements to the base game or made large alterations to sections of it. Most of the things GG has done have been adding another layer of icing on the cake, not filling in missing pieces of cake.

Santiako

Im confused, is there better armour than the shield weave now, stalwart??: And what is the special weapon and where did you get it? I 1did 00% the game but not sure I got the weapon?

You got the spear, it's part of the story
Sylen's electric spear
. The Stalwart armour is the one you need to use to get into Shadow Carja territories (the one that covers her face).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Awesome. I was going to replay the game before the DLC comes out anyway .. the NG+ makes it that much more pleasant. I worked hard for that platinum and that super armor, i wanna have fun with it from the get go.

Horizon needs to be brought up at the end of the year when we're doing the awards for "Best Post-Release Support" or something.

GrazGamer

After getting sucked into Forza Horizon 3 and now this announcement, I had to revisit my backlog list for 2017 and remove a lot of games. Oh well, always next year.

alt27

You got the spear, it's part of the story
Sylen's electric spear
. The Stalwart armour is the one you need to use to get into Shadow Carja territories (the one that covers her face).

Ok thanks for the reminder! Must give NG+ a shot after backlog is cleared.

I bought this and Zelda both at launch and unfortunately that killed both games for me at that time. Trying to go back and forth was a terrible idea. I just started Zelda again last month and am now about to wrap up my first playthrough and go back to HZD so their support is really getting me excited!

NightOnyx

Thank you Guerilla!

It's been amazing to see them listening to their fans and adding things to the game that have been requested. NG+ was my big request and I'm so happy they finally added it. What a great developer Guerilla is!

SuperSah

Banned
Despite an avalanche of great games in the last six months it's Horizon and Zelda that cuts through the mold. Yes you need to play it.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!

Why are you on gaf rn? Sounds like you have some urgent business to attend to

Ye, it's solid TPS RPG. Side content could be meatier, but main story alone is worth it.

You should play it and 100% main and side story content.

Shit...this is giving me Bloodborne vibes. I've already platinumed it, but now I want to replay it again.

e7b.gif

Aaaaaand just ordered a copy.

Don't let me down!

Top Bottom