• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

Jacob4815

I'm still waiting for an option to fast forward time in the main game (not only in the photo mode), but I'm losing hope.

WITHE1982

Aaaaaand just ordered a copy.

Don't let me down!

5ebdf3378fa4bd75846404fd08349a84.gif

Well, I'm going to start up my Ultra Hard NG+ playthrough today after work!

The post launch support for this game has been nothing short of extraordinary. This should be the gold standard for post launch support. Supplementing the existing game with meaningful updates and not locking content (cough.. difficulty...cough) behind a paywall. I'm not adverse to Guerrilla releasing some vanity items being paid DLC or something, but they've released a lot of good quality of life stuff for the game in the four months since launch.

It honestly feels like they'll continue to release these updates well past the expansion launch too.

Props to Guerrilla and Sony.

Peterthumpa

Guerilla are one of the best developers for post launch updates. The same care was a thing with Shadowfall. Makes me a proud owner!

Kremzeek

I wish the story had multiple branching paths to choose before getting to the ending- would have made a reason to do NG+.

Aaaaaand just ordered a copy.

Don't let me down!
Get passed the first I'd say 4 hours to get through the tutorial portion and then the game just opens up for you. It'll take a bit, but once you get used to it it's magical. Also don't read story spoilers, the world is fucked for perfectly logical reasons.

lionpants

Eh, not really pumped for the Hard Hard Mode. The hardest mode already in the game is more tedious than fun really. Everything is just a massive health bar.

Smasher89

That seals it, Horizon :Zero dawn is more GOTY then zelda, free updates>payed updates, the dlc path seems to be very similar though.

Wamb0wneD

I didn't find it anywhere in the OP or on the first page, does anybody know how big of a patch this will be? I only have a 500 GB PS4 and dont like uninstalling games...

That seals it, Horizon :Zero dawn is more GOTY then zelda, free updates>payed updates, the dlc path seems to be very similar though.

I really hope you never complained about Zelda fans bringing up Horizon. It's July for crying out loud, can we have that GOTY debate.. you know.. at the end of the year?

SxP

What exactly is wrong with newly designed weapons, and what made you think I am going crazy by just asking a simple question about this?

He just wanted to shitpost about the game, and your post probably seemed like the best candidate to do so for him.

Tovarisc

What exactly is wrong with newly designed weapons, and what made you think I am going crazy by just asking a simple question about this?

He just wanted to shitpost about the game, and your post probably seemed like the best candidate to do so for him.

Is it shitpost when game has severe lack of model and skin variety for Aloy's gear and most come with super goofy headgear? One of my bigger complaints about the HZ during and after my 100% playthrough of the game.

Because game had lack in that department already in release I'm not holding my breath for getting variety now hence reply that was intended as more of an joke than "shitpost".

Eh, not really pumped for the Hard Hard Mode. The hardest mode already in the game is more tedious than fun really. Everything is just a massive health bar.
Shooting standard arrows will result in a massive health bar because of how little damage you are doing. Tearing arrows or that tear weapon rips off components and health. Also there are weak spots to target. Hard is not a problem, challenging but not tedious.

Lakuza

awesome news.
Can't wait to dive back into this. definately going with newgame+ at ultra hard. I originally played the game on normal and then kicked it up to hard difficulty near the end because was max level was too over powered, especially with the shield armor.

Wamb0wneD

So now people crying about Zelda fans bringing it up in Horizon now bring up Zelda in Horizon threads to pile on it.

Lmao.

My personal GOTY in this stacked year.

I think it's very likely Horizon replaces Uncharted 4 in the holiday bundles this year and they reduce the price of the Pro and OG PS4. Thrilled that this would mean more get the chance to play an outstanding original game.

JakR

Yeah and again yeah. :D

I am smiling like little child at the moment. Great Ultra hard and new game plus I am coming to swear a lot, but I will prevail. ;)

I beat the game and platinumed it and it's not letting me select new game + on the main menu. Do I have to replay the last quest?

Edit: nvm you have to load up your save and create a new game + loadout

Top Bottom