• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 adds New Game+, Ultra Hard difficulty and lots more

MisterR

So now people crying about Zelda fans bringing it up in Horizon now bring up Zelda in Horizon threads to pile on it.

Lmao.

You're bringing it up more than anybody, just settle down. Zelda will be fine. When Zelda fans tried shitting up every Horizon thread for a year, there is gonna be some smack thrown back when there is a contrast like this of free vs. payed DLC for hard mode.

Support for this game has been incredible. All of this is a welcome addition and I'm happy they even thought to add a couple of trophies. Just the excuse I needed to play this again even before the DLC.

I'm VERY excited by this! I just recently unlocked the Platinum trophy and was sad that it was over until the DLC releases. I gotta say this was probably the easiest game to Platinum though but certainly glad you didn't need to find every piece of lore, buy everything, or complete the game on every difficulty or choosing all the dialog choices.

Hey the hiding in the tall grass and calling everyone over one by one dosent work anymore :)

stupid robots stayed at a distance just looking at me while filling up thier yellow circle. Looks like im going to lear how to use traps.

edit: on hard

It was on sale during E3 for $40. That's when I picked it up and have no regrets.

Really enjoyed the game and honestly might be one of the few games I might play through again.

Already preordered the DLC.
I picked up TEW on that sale....

Not that it's a bad game, just that I wish I had gone with this instead.

YaBish

Fuck I really want to play this game, but I promised myself I'd wait for a sale closer to the end of the year :/

New trophies--looks like I'm jumping back into Horizon sooner than i thought but that's not a bad thing. Curious to see how difficult ultra-hard will be

Oh fuck yes. Here's hoping The Frozen Wilds also adds a fourth skill tree and raises the level cap. Gonna have to force the friend I lent this game to give it back.

Also, color me incredibly excited for the new higher-tier equipment. I'm VERY curious to see how it stacks up to the Lodge versions where applicable (will we have to weigh the Lodge base stat boost against the extra mod slot?), and also very curious to see what the high-level armor situation is like (especially the three-slot versus four-slot situation in comparison to the previous two-versus-three). I might need to abandon Shield Weaver and go back to an all-stealth build.

Unless there's a version of Shield Weaver with mod slots...

Ehh, considering how bulletspongey the game felt on very hard, combined with the janky hitboxes on attacks in general i don think i want to go near that ultra difficulty.

Yeah, waiting for a GOTY Edition down the line.

I mean unless money is hard to come by for you, you really should support devs like this. I completely understand trying to get good games for less. It's a wise choice. But if you really want to play the game now, there's no reason not to buy now. I see the same thing with other great games like Ori and the blind forest. $20 game and people can't front that because... Why exactly?

By all means, wait for a deal on cash grab yearly released games but good devs deserve your money for putting time and effort into making a game for the players. Just imo. I am a very frugal person but I love supporting my favorite franchises at full price.

I was excited just to hear about a New Game+ mode that gives me an excuse to play the game again on my Pro before the DLC drops, but now they're telling me there are new trophies involved, one of which I'm sure is tied to beating Ultra Hard mode?

Trophies? Check.
Challenging new difficulty? Check. (Played on Hard first time, loved it)
Excuse to play this in 4K? Check.

Guerilla put themselves in position to compete with Naughty Dog with one release, that's still insane to me. They and CD Projekt Red have come completely out of left field for me this gen.

EGM1966

One thing about GG in my experience: they sure do support their games. KZ2 and 3 and SF also got pretty damn goof support I felt and they're really delivery well in wake of success of Zero Dawn.

Much appreciated as a customer even if I felt KZ3 and SF had issues in terms of aspects of their design (level design, etc not tech that's always been solid with GG since KZ2).

Looks like my replay is finally upon me too.

valkyre

I am confused i have finished the game and ofc chose to continue playing on my original playthrough. I boot 1.30 and i cant select new game+.

What am i doing wrong? Do i have to replay final mission again?

Really looking forward to finally getting this game. Was a causality in the game fiesta we had this year. Might be a nice purchase for September.

Top Bottom