• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekTO

C5lHZlmXQAAX_8l.jpg
Nice Art!! but lousy photoshop!!

neoglow

Banned
Does photomode "render" the scene before taking the shot like in Driveclub?

Or does a shot taken in photomode and ingame look identical?

Bishop89

Im posting a bunch of stuff. Gifs coming soon.

Here are my latest impressions in the thread they should be in.

But I have a ton of spoiler images so I posted those in the spoiler thread, these are late game environments and robots, click only if you don't mind seeing amazing stuff.

Here is one or two for this thread.

1aa05440_o.png

20eda8d4_o.png
im not at the slightest surprised at how good this game looks.

Guerilla are the best tech wizzes in the biz, and they have pretty much always had top tier art direction to boot.

Spent almost 10 hours game time with this today, yes 10 hours. I don't have much time to game on the weekdays so I took full advantage, but to be honest with you, I couldn't put it down, it's just that good to me. I think it's the best exclusive the PS4 has, just oozes quality and even now after I stopped playing I want to jump right back in.

MCD250

Game has finished downloading for me. The Art of Horizon book as well, although like the game and the deluxe theme it's not actually usable until release date.

Codiox

So I'm playing it 6h straight and still can't believe what I'm seeing. Every 2 minutes I find me in photomode because it looks so perfect. There is not one aliasing, everything is so fucking round and smooth. By the end of the game I will be a pro photographer for sure lol.

This is something I made, not something pre rendered or cinematic. It's the actual game:

vHCUgmY.jpg

Also the dialogs and face-motions from the characters are exceptional. I didn't play uncharted 4 but for me this is the most authentic game I have seen yet. It shits all over Witcher 3.

This game is right up there with ocarina of time in my books.

To anyone jumping in next week, do yourself a favor and turn the HUD off. It's so much better to explore on your own.

Liamc723

Are you talking about photoshops of different places with HZD theme they are posting on the twiiter, just like above??

Yeah they've just posted one of Birmingham.

I didn't know there was more of these images so I took the one on Twitter at face value.

vivekTO

Yeah they've just posted one of Birmingham.

I didn't know there was more of these images so I took the one on Twitter at face value.

If you have not noticed i have posted one above too!!
yeah they are just for marketing purpose , same like the deus Ex ones.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Is the dream alive of getting to 89 you guys reckon if the EDGE is a 10/10 somehow?

This is one enthralling ride, the latest batch of perfect scores make me think it's still possible!

Wollan

So close now. EDGE 9 will surely push it over the... edge.
1T8sumJCjG2u6E_3nPQMvUEH8jY_WaYbJlEXOw-49wZaSPt2xeuScfQTzI58YeNp4ezV4mt8vJ2-is9Pkvkz3gqdPq7zVwvw9T3YFyFx8N7Z1Z10dyv__kSQc6NJQcv2QB-mXenxYXVvWuKX4x_K6uXNZGzRJna486_nzSdUeJKktR4nG5UUqm4Fo6pT6LyJSsX4ctUnGtxddcS9A9BGmu2MrgWXc-znKHkgseH6XlB9nIJgbJ8fH3cWXvNmRF29vFmJQ_HU8pC6E1IL_UlnoWLw_v__nAGTOBDbSsWIChoz7zUQJvXp0XpU0HXj8eK54E-mhWK7BGVbta_krBJ0d20JlIAV3OASSP8og-5Lb24llrVdPPzf1gDdK-D7qqcodWe_w4QtlTnhElJ9IqpMHOsAnFGz1SwS0kwC-f_d3gp6gljFMboikb4E_WCFrMdDaxuSVznmcP_r452PkG44y3_7TXjmaaWh07yIgrYiudN_sFR0VavHQ12E9z7F0tuOPy9vBO2mUjHedSEakRrXFnZOaWkiiJ7j9QfbTjwXMo3ypvgQdwjCQ-wugo9HpRXtaIstXbPhRlvnGf7n_QL5-D51u7UjPOSlqWvYyIJpH3NdVddr-p0tnCf0xGFI95UL41W7KMJbwxhx7yprro1ZQYHJOL4QdeQlBkaG2-yEj-A=w647-h95-no

But likely there will be another 15-20 or so reviews slowly ticking in.

Turkoop

Banned
Some impressions after six hours (spoilerfree):
Game hast started very interesting, I think the first 60-90 minutes are very interesting and very well-made. Story is getting more interesting after you have played few hours. Visually the game looks superb on my PS4 Pro (non 4K-TV). I mean the world is so huge (I'd say little bit bigger than Velen in W3) but it *looks* so beautiful, well-polished and wonderful! Those visuals are incredible! You all should use the photo-mode, I've created some really nice pics.
I really like Aloy and she's sometimes very funny. I'm playing on Hard and I'd also recommend this to you. It is never unfair or frustrating. You have to think how to move etc.
No FPS drops, no tearing or something else. Game feels very, very polished. It has few Far Cry gameplay elements but many Witcher 3 aspects. But in a good way!

So close now. EDGE 9 will surely push it over the... edge.
1T8sumJCjG2u6E_3nPQMvUEH8jY_WaYbJlEXOw-49wZaSPt2xeuScfQTzI58YeNp4ezV4mt8vJ2-is9Pkvkz3gqdPq7zVwvw9T3YFyFx8N7Z1Z10dyv__kSQc6NJQcv2QB-mXenxYXVvWuKX4x_K6uXNZGzRJna486_nzSdUeJKktR4nG5UUqm4Fo6pT6LyJSsX4ctUnGtxddcS9A9BGmu2MrgWXc-znKHkgseH6XlB9nIJgbJ8fH3cWXvNmRF29vFmJQ_HU8pC6E1IL_UlnoWLw_v__nAGTOBDbSsWIChoz7zUQJvXp0XpU0HXj8eK54E-mhWK7BGVbta_krBJ0d20JlIAV3OASSP8og-5Lb24llrVdPPzf1gDdK-D7qqcodWe_w4QtlTnhElJ9IqpMHOsAnFGz1SwS0kwC-f_d3gp6gljFMboikb4E_WCFrMdDaxuSVznmcP_r452PkG44y3_7TXjmaaWh07yIgrYiudN_sFR0VavHQ12E9z7F0tuOPy9vBO2mUjHedSEakRrXFnZOaWkiiJ7j9QfbTjwXMo3ypvgQdwjCQ-wugo9HpRXtaIstXbPhRlvnGf7n_QL5-D51u7UjPOSlqWvYyIJpH3NdVddr-p0tnCf0xGFI95UL41W7KMJbwxhx7yprro1ZQYHJOL4QdeQlBkaG2-yEj-A=w647-h95-no

But likely there will be another 15-20 or so reviews slowly ticking in.

How the hell did Paradise reach 88. That game was shit and an affront to the Burnout franchise.

Any Burnout entry that doesn't have a proper Crash mode should be down-marked several points by default.

Feorax

Paradise was the best thing that could have happened to the Burnout franchise. One of the best racing games of last gen, and an absolute tragedy that it was followed up by the waste of space that was need for speed.

Back on topic though, this is a massive boost for Sony. There's been some questioning of their handling of their first party this gen, but they seem to have rectified any concerns massively in the last 12 months.

Eolz

ah i was just about to mention this. pretty cool that it got a bump out of nowhere. This year is amazing already!. Nier and Persona 5 on preorder too. This will be a year to remember for PS4 fans.

Or you know, just video game fans.

Anarion07

I'm feeling quite stupid right now.
I just can't find the uncompressed eurogamer videos for horizon anymore. anyone have the link? Wanna download them and watch them on my tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom