• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Ok so the story looks really dumb, like the whole tribes thing does nothing for me and wtf are there giant robot dinosaurs in the first place, but a) it's gorgeous, and b) it actually looks really fun. Color me surprised.

Lack of health bar was disappointing. Other than stealth bit I didn't see anything that set its gameplay apart from other tps. It did look cool though, hopefully the exploration and the open world make it stand out.

I like the talking too. People are all "it's too cocky and Drake-esque," but the industry doesn't really have a female counterpart for Drake.

Most female protagonists are reserved, stoic and/or refined, a rough and loud girl is a welcome change.

It was more like the terrible TR2013. All that was missing war "I can do this."

Why did she apologise to the little scouter robot?

Probably the highlight of the E3 so far.

Only Uncharted 4 managed to outshine it in the graphics department, but it didn't have cool mecha animals.

ssaZn6d.gif

More GIFs coming…. give me a minute.

Thought this was The Hobbit movie. Damn that movie relied too much on CGI.

Somnid

I'm quite happy this appears to be a single player game. This looked surprisingly good and a bit refreshing from the overdone high fantasy settings.

Jobbs

Banned
What saddens me is that this is probably 2017. I wish everyone did things like Bethesda -- reveal, 6 months later, release. Boom.

kuroshiki

they got me on open world action RPG. I'm there day one.

just uh.

just let me do some customization on that female character please.

What saddens me is that this is probably 2017. I wish everyone did things like Bethesda -- reveal, 6 months later, release. Boom.

they've been making this shit for at least 3 years now. 2016.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I'm quite happy this appears to be a single player game. This looked surprisingly good and a bit refreshing from the overdone high fantasy settings.

Nothing really surprising about it. Guerrilla are good devs. They're giving Killzone a break to try something new, and it looks fantastic!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ok so the story looks really dumb, like the whole tribes thing does nothing for me and wtf are there giant robot dinosaurs in the first place, but a) it's gorgeous, and b) it actually looks really fun. Color me surprised.
Why wouldn't there be robosaurs in the world where most likely AI became capable enough of reshaping itself! If you were an AI, that's the first thing you'd build too, to put your consciousness into!

So refreshing to see a setting like this. Sure it has elements of other fictional worlds, but it still feels incredibly unique, especially compared to the settings we usually get in open world rpgs.

Best game announced today and actually real footage and not just vaporware and promises. Might have sold me a PS4. A shame the only big exclusive gets overshadowed by some smoke and mirrors.

Is there any character creation?

If not then that's fine as well, I hope the writing is up to par but considering the amount of great writers they have at GG, it shouldn't be too bad.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm actually more optimistic about this than FFVII and TLG.

Yep. This made my spine tingle. It just makes me want to play it. I want to be in that world. Finally the technical skill of geurilla being used on something imaginative and creative rather than a gunshoot soldier fall down type game (which I'm bored of personally).

My game of the show and newly one of my most anticipated games.

It was more like the terrible TR2013. All that was missing war "I can do this."

Why did she apologise to the little scouter robot?

This girl would beat the crap out of TR2013 Lara.

And because robots have clearly replaced most real animals in this far-flung future. This woman likely hasn't grown up with the idea that robots and animals are fundamentally different.

I wonder how diverse the robots are? Will we see robot insects, fish, etc?

I rewatched the trailer and it still doesnt make a lick of sense. But I dont care. There is no way I'm ever getting robot dinosaurs where it will make sense so I'll just roll with whatever they throw at me.

The dark house of E3 so far for me with the new South Park Game. Even though I knew it was coming and existed in concept I have to admit I didn't trust GG to make a good game out of this but it looks incredible and feels like it isn't nothing of what I was expecting. Will definitely watch more close what are they up to now.

CLEEK

Looks great, but hated the attitude ridden vocals from the character.

Yeah, Drake's little comments work, as they're funny and sporadic. Having a constant monologue was annoying after a few minutes of the game's reveal. Fuck knows how I'll cope with it in the full game.

Unless there's a "Pie Hole" slider in the options that goes from open to shut.

Griss

Man, all those years of saying 'Imagine if this technically gifted studio wasn't working on a franchise as shit as Killzone?'

Well, all these years later, here we are. One of the top 5 games of E3. Was incredible.

Why wouldn't there be robosaurs in the world where most likely AI became capable enough of reshaping itself! If you were an AI, that's the first thing you'd build too, to put your consciousness into!

idk I think they would come up with something a lot more practical. But I imagine they came up with the concept art first and were like "ok how can we tell a story about caveman tribes fighting giant robo dinosaurs with BOWS??"

I mean, I'm ok with it because the result looks like it could be really fun, but I have very low expectations for any sort of narrative here.

NeoROCK

I rewatched the trailer and it still doesnt make a lick of sense. But I dont care. There is no way I'm ever getting robot dinosaurs where it will make sense so I'll just roll with whatever they throw at me.

What is there not to understand?

It's basically Terminator/GameOfThronesWildlings

Terminator in the sense of -- technology and computers got so intelligent that they turned on humans and killed them all, almost making them extinct.

The only survivors are these small tribes, which have to resort to primitive means of living and battle (Game of Thrones Wildlings influence in looks obviously).

Why robo-dinosaurs instead of regular robots? Because it's a damn video game, and regular robots wouldn't be as interesting.

Top Bottom