• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

What saddens me is that this is probably 2017. I wish everyone did things like Bethesda -- reveal, 6 months later, release. Boom.

Been in development since Killzone 3 finished and looks very far along

Of course a delay seems par for the course these days, so hopefully it makes 2016

Wish I knew what the game actually was.
Is it Liner ala Uncharted?
Is it Open World?
Stage Based?
RPG?
WTF is this game besides 3rd person?

- hope that Fallout writer doesn't let the Killzone writer have any input
lol
PLEASE have a great story.
- graphics, art, design, it looks marvelous
- I hope this becomes successful and you can hunt them in future iterations online if the first game is successful
- remove the extra name in the title, sounds stupid. Keep at "Horizon"

Yeah, this is my favorite new IP shown at E3 so far.

Please tell me the story.

Civilization falls. Nature takes over. Cavemen. Robot dinosaurs. Cavemen kill them. Pacifist lady sad for strangling little robots.

That's all we know so far and it seems really silly so far. Game looks super fun, but come on, its a game crafted around those concept arts of like darth vader riding a dinosaur that shoots lasers out of its eyes, that just happen to look really pretty.

Loudninja

Wish I knew what the game actually was.
Is it Liner ala Uncharted?
Is it Open World?
Stage Based?
RPG?
WTF is this game besides 3rd person?
We’re thrilled to introduce our brand-new third-person action RPG, Horizon Zero Dawn! Watch the trailer below to catch your first glimpse of the game:
Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

Along the way, Aloy will face off against an entire menagerie of machines – some traveling in herds, others roaming in solitude, all of them presenting a formidable danger. You will need to learn their behaviors, attack patterns and weak points in order to survive. You must use the beautiful environments to your advantage, and employ stealth, agility, and cunning to approach your prey unseen.

Of course, you won’t be hunting unarmed in Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy is capable of combining natural materials with machine parts to turn them into ingenious weapons, ammunition, traps, and tools. By cleverly using the right items at the right moment, you can exploit weak points and bring down even the largest machines. Unfortunately, the most dangerous machines aren’t necessarily the biggest…
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/announcing-horizon-zero-dawn/

Mononoke

Banned
The big surprise for me. Looked even better than TLG for me. I was in awe. And I loved the whole style/world set up for this game. I just, did not expect this. Holy hell. This was just wow for me. Graphics were sooo good too.

Illucio

Banned
I know we will be seeing this at next E3 for sure. Fall 2016 title for sure.

It looks absolutely brilliant though, day one purchase for sure.

OK, so very easily, the most annoying thing is the protag talks WAY too much.

It's actually worrying in regards to dialogue and storytelling. The story looks very awesome, with the lore for the Old Ones mixing so awesomely with the techs/tribes.

I also LOVED the way the protag killed the little robot and called it "little one" as if remorseful. I want the main character to be grounded and modest like that. It just felt so natural that she'd be so gentle with "nature".

Instead, we also get thrown a bunch of Nathan Drake one liners "Whoa he's angry!" and "I gotta get under him!"

I really hope they decide to drop all of that. It completely takes away from the seriousness of the situation and feels like the protagonist is breaking the 4th wall.

If this is an open world RPG, I will hope that they really flesh it out well: different tribes having different relationships, choices affecting NPCs/worlds, exploration, sidequests, etc.

I am so immensely hyped for this, especially with Witcher/Fallout devs on board. I just hope they don't blow the lore/story, and work on dialogue. As a Killzone fan, nothing upsets me more than what could have been with Killzone's backstory, so I'm hoping GG have evolved considerably. When will we find out more about this game! Will we see more this week?

kpaadet

I am so glad to see Guerilla being able to spread their wings and try something else than Killzone, very impressed with the demo. 2016 can't come soon enough.

Artex

Banned
Killzone is definitely NOT shit. However, if this turns out to be as good as it currently looks, it may be retired for a good while.
The youtube interview post show made it obvious there is also a killzone title in development. When pressed by Keighley: we're here to talk about horizon today.

Jobbs

Banned
OK, so very easily, the most annoying thing is the protag talks WAY too much.

It's actually worrying in regards to dialogue and storytelling. The story looks very awesome, with the lore for the Old Ones mixing so awesomely with the techs/tribes.

I also LOVED the way the protag killed the little robot and called it "little one" as if remorseful. I want the main character to be grounded and modest like that.

Instead, we also get thrown a bunch of Nathan Drake one liners "Whoa he's angry!"

I really hope they decide to drop all of that.

If this is an open world RPG, I will hope that they really flesh it out well: different tribes having different relationships, choices affecting NPCs/worlds, exploration, sidequests, etc.

I am so immensely hyped for this, especially with Witcher/Fallout devs on board. I just hope they don't blow the lore/story, and work on dialogue.

I would imagine, being a video reveal, things were selected/concentrated -- more compressed -- so the stalk and the fight were probably condensed, and the talking was probably increased. Just a guess.

Then why do they look like dinosaurs? See this is why you dont start trying to make sense of it. Just acknowledge that there is no way this makes sense and roll with it.

I don't judge game worlds and stories, same way I judge film, TV and book worlds and stories.

I feel like what makes a good video game is the perfect balance of gameplay and narration.

Game play is very important so to make it refreshing you have to introduce new and fresh worlds, and within those worlds you have to introduce unique enemies (so something different than your, Nazi soldier, or Arab terrorist, or drone robots, androids etc.) and to kill these unique enemies, you also gonna need weapons more imaginative and unique than an ak-47 or RPG or a M-16, or a laser gun etc.

I also find the idea of primitive tribes fighting gigantic robot dinosaurs ridiculous, I would never get excited about an upcoming TV show about said premise. But when it comes to interactive games it's a different story.

Just ask yourself, (I did) if they replaced the robot dinos, with more sensible looking droids and robots, more generic but practical looking flying and walking drones, and what if they made your weapons as a player more advanced, like plasma guns, lasers or shot guns.. would that make the world more consistent and believable? Mmm, yeah, maybe... But would it make your gaming experience more unique and fun? Most likely the answer to that is no.

So yeah, just go with it man.

Dream game announcements aside, I was hoping there would be something original to get me hyped and this was 145,000,000%BC it.

Game looks awesome. Love the Helghast-ish dinos too.

Dahbomb

It's saying something when this game is game of the show when the likes of TLG, FFVII Remake and Shenmue III were present at the event...

Outstanding art direction and visual fidelity. Great setting and design. Lets hope the game play is solid.

Apathy

A little off topic, but did the leaves and bush animation at the start of the demo where the main character was hiding move a lot like like the first uncharted 4 demo they showed in december when Nate was also hiding in a bunch of bushes and leaves?

Sorral

CZRJvyopnGO9XjDGBJEXjL_Hb_4rGSUmbLSIOjkGpmk061FKJ4J-MqNOZFDjJD_QzFyeOachISmG9Sk=w2539-h846

J0SraxYxhMq_oVm3_ObGqM5yNhhgX8ot1QUZNpzJJFLQjE8JwGdupoCrABiICywC08tP6Nh0CDJMQ-Y=w2539-h846

UrHAzeOsXIZKmVnaX1Of-0b_kM6xTw_rThdF6SHU9P2m6T-NFGtG5yWdn70E9UqTPF4Ab4Sta2jtXas=w2539-h846

Bke1VnTjiUu0DDlMnTMJFS7XKJqAhkccY5XctrnMCfHzyXIvQX1g2UYa9chBftpY7U-1CFr1uwZOPvY=w2539-h846

Sorry if this kills someone's browser >_>

Top Bottom