• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

• Total voters

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Can't lie, it's an easy "A" from me. The best games showcase I've seen in recent memory.

New Call of Duty, new DOOM, New Dragon Age (and coming this year!), State of Decay first in-game footage, Starfield: Shattered Space, Expedition 33 looking very promising, South of Midnight gameplay looking amazing, Age of Mythology Retold, Fable looking stunning, Mixtape looks special, Flight Simulator 2024, Life is Strange Double Exposure (!!), Indiana Jones and the Great Circle looking like a good time, Avowed, Assassin's Creed Shadows, Stalker II, and GEARS OF WAR: E-DAY!!

Plus the vast majority coming to Game Pass and coming in either 2024 or 2025.

I was torn on a few of the showings, like Metal Gear Solid Delta and Perfect Dark, but time will tell.

SO much variety though. For as stale as we complain the AAA space is nowadays, there was so much creativity shown today. Something for everyone. What a great show.

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
This
You Can Do It GIF by Crowdfire

But overall great better then anything we've seen so far

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That was honestly fuckin great. I went in expecting nothing and I was super impressed by a lot of the reveals.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
The only titles interested me are new Doom and Indiana Jones. The whole show were stuffed with way too many trailers with pointless cinematics while no actual gameplay.

That said I do appreciate Xbox's holding this kind of big and premium showcasing to at least try to fill the void left by the death of E3.

Mr.ODST

A by a mile, they nailed it this year 100%, looking great for Xbox's future even if a lot is 2025 but at least we know what is coming up in a way

MS made it feel like a true E3 showcase so fair play to them for that after the disappointing few weeks

Last edited:

DryvBy

Honestly only two games I care about are Doom and Age of Mythology right now. I'm always walking away with 2 games that look great from a conference but this is getting a B because Doom looked really good.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Easy A for me -- lots of games, no real nonsense stuff. Lots of gameplay. Only a few 'I don't care about this' moments -- but I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy Life is Strange, lmao.

Only thing missing is my Lost Odyssey remake/remaster. GIVE IT TO ME, MICROSOFT.

BoxFresh123

A (not interested in the Cod stuff)

Not everything I had interest in understandably but as a show it was great.

Still massively disappointed in Avowed though. It looks nothing like the tease and I'm not sold by anything they've shown but that's my only major downer.

Edit: Also very impressed with Fable

Last edited:
B
Not all the games are my favorites (I hate the fantasy genre, FPSs, and Ubisoft and Wokesoft games), but I enjoyed the quantity. I liked the Phantom Blade Zero-style ninja girl game, the trailer for the new Doom, the new Flight Simulator. The Indiana Jones game I found really bad, but bad on an embarrassing level, even in the cutscene shown, we are really at the lowest point ever seen in these tie-ins.

Top Bottom