• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

Camjo-Z

What's the point of collecting skultullas beyond the images you slowly unlock? I'm guessing it's just concept art, but with how low res and jaggy the graphics are it seems like it would be a complete waste of time to actively search out every skulltulla here if that's the only reward (unless you're a completionist, obviously)

When you finish an image you get a special level to play.

nakedeyes

Banned
Super digging this game! Pretty much my second warriors game after playing Dragon Quest Warriors a few months ago ( also got WO3 on vita but hardly played it ), and man, it just blows those games out the water! Maybe it's because I am a bigger Zelda fan than anything else :)

I also am curious how to unlock "my fairy" mode. I keep seeing people say that it is early in adventure mode, but I have played probably 15 adventure mode squares, and about 15 legends mode chapters ( and collected maybe 4-5 fairies on keeps from legends mode maps ) and still not unlocked it.. I guess adventure mode is super long, but I have played it for maybe 4-5 hours and not hit it yet!

NeonZ

What's the point of collecting skultullas beyond the images you slowly unlock? I'm guessing it's just concept art, but with how low res and jaggy the graphics are it seems like it would be a complete waste of time to actively search out every skulltulla here if that's the only reward (unless you're a completionist, obviously)

When you finish the image, you get a special stage based on that image. Those stages generally have unique mechanics and you needed to finish two of them to unlock costumes in the original Wii U game. The 3ds version might have one costume for every map, although I'm not completely sure yet (I've finished the first one, with all girls and Link and unlocked a different costume compared to the one I got from that stage in the Wii U version).

Super digging this game! Pretty much my second warriors game after playing Dragon Quest Warriors a few months ago ( also got WO3 on vita but hardly played it ), and man, it just blows those games out the water! Maybe it's because I am a bigger Zelda fan than anything else :)

I also am curious how to unlock "my fairy" mode. I keep seeing people say that it is early in adventure mode, but I have played probably 15 adventure mode squares, and about 15 legends mode chapters ( and collected maybe 4-5 fairies on keeps from legends mode maps ) and still not unlocked it.. I guess adventure mode is super long, but I have played it for maybe 4-5 hours and not hit it yet!
You can press a button to change the icons shown on the map. Activate the one that shows where you can get a fairy. Then go on the stage and break every pot in enemy keeps. In one of them there will be a fairy that will join you after the stage and activate that feature.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Switch your rewards view (I think it's X or Y) on the Adventure Mode map screen until you're seeing which maps have fairies. Go to that level and break the brown pots in the keeps and one of them will have a fairy in it.

nakedeyes

Banned
Switch your rewards view (I think it's X or Y) on the Adventure Mode map screen until you're seeing which maps have fairies. Go to that level and break the brown pots in the keeps and one of them will have a fairy in it.
Okay.. Just tried this.. So I started an adventure mode level with a fairy, and it shows me on the map that a certain keep has a fairy. When I approach it flies up into the air, and when I claim the keep, it comes down to the center of the map as if I should collect it. Then I collect it and it seems like I collected something for sure.

When I finish the level, it doesn't mark the fairy off as collected or unlock the my fairy level.. I am just supposed to break all the pots in random other keeps and there is some other fairy pickup or something? If that is what is supposed to happen it certain doesn't read super well lol

Swordian

Okay.. Just tried this.. So I started an adventure mode level with a fairy, and it shows me on the map that a certain keep has a fairy. When I approach it flies up into the air, and when I claim the keep, it comes down to the center of the map as if I should collect it. Then I collect it and it seems like I collected something for sure.

When I finish the level, it doesn't mark the fairy off as collected or unlock the my fairy level.. I am just supposed to break all the pots in random other keeps and there is some other fairy pickup or something? If that is what is supposed to happen it certain doesn't read super well lol

The fairies marked on the map are used to destroy corresponding damage fields. Light fairy destroys light field, etc.

You want to break pots until you find a bottled fairy. It won't be marked on the map, so you have to check each keep until you find it.

nakedeyes

Banned
The fairies marked on the map are used to destroy corresponding damage fields. Light fairy destroys light field, etc.

You want to break pots until you find a bottled fairy. It won't be marked on the map, so you have to check each keep until you find it.
Ok cool. Thanks!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
. I am just supposed to break all the pots in random other keeps and there is some other fairy pickup or something? If that is what is supposed to happen it certain doesn't read super well lol

YES, that is the short answer to your question.

I had the exact same issue getting my first fairy. I played that same map over and over, you can read about it a few pages back on this thread lol!

Okay, the fairy that is marked on your map is NOT the "My Fairy". The first fairy that you can get for "My Fair" IS on that level, but its "hidden" in a pot in one of the Keeps. I don't remember which one, but its one of the ones that you don't have to capture in order to win the level. So just visit all the Castle Keeps and smash all the yellow pots.

You'll KNOW you'll find it because there'll be a message box pop up on the screen that says "You unlocked My Fair mode", etc and there'll be a tutorial after the mission.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Do you use the cards on the exact same things for secrets in Adventure Mode? I know Adventure Mode is different, but the map is still the same one from Legend of Zelda.

If so, does anybody know the best guide to use to see what to use and where?

Just get a Compass from a level. Use it on a map to see where the hidden spot is and then Home Menu > Quit, and reload. You'll still have your compass and know you'll know where to look!

OK - bought this last night. What are the differences in difficulty levels? I figured I'd play on Normal, but I don't want to miss certain things by not playing on hard?

I've played the first 5 story mode missions on Hard. I really like it. It punishes you for just button mashing on bosses/harder enemies. There are attack patterns and attack windows for those guys, and if you are just mashing you're going to get punished and KO'd. I enjoy the challenge and I've had a lot of Game Overs, but its never frustrating - because I did something wrong. There's only been one of the bosses, I think it was the second level, that was a real damage sponge - and he wouldn't reveal his weak spot very often, so the battle was a real slog. Outside of that encounter though, it's been a good experience.

Don't forget you can "Save State" whenever. Press Start and at the bottom is a "Save" feature. When you get Game Over you get the option to restart from either your last Save Point or Check point (Autosave). It's a good feature and when things get tough you can save often to create save states after incremental progress.

georly

Finally beat the normal run of story mode last night. Unlocked cia's campaign, but I think i'll switch to adventure mode for a bit. Do you unlock other characters by playing cia's campaign or are they strictly in adventure mode? Is it worth it to play her campaign first?

Oh good lord the noise Linkle makes when she gets hit is grating.

Or dodging, considering I dodge cancel out of most attacks to stay mobile, I hear it A LOT.

Finally beat the normal run of story mode last night. Unlocked cia's campaign, but I think i'll switch to adventure mode for a bit. Do you unlock other characters by playing cia's campaign or are they strictly in adventure mode? Is it worth it to play her campaign first?

Or dodging, considering I dodge cancel out of most attacks to stay mobile, I hear it A LOT.

It unlocks Volga and wizzro, and leads into WW Scenario to unlock two other characters

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I failed a mission and have no idea why. Like, I know why...The allied base fell. But I went in and defeated like 4 named enemies and 10+ enemies with health bars. Afterwards, I went and captured a bunch of nearby outposts and bases. I had the other 3 characters in the allied base to (what I assume was to) defend it. But the base still fell.

How so you defend a base???

Anteo

So I failed a mission and have no idea why. Like, I know why...The allied base fell. But I went in and defeated like 4 named enemies and 10+ enemies with health bars. Afterwards, I went and captured a bunch of nearby outposts and bases. I had the other 3 characters in the allied base to (what I assume was to) defend it. But the base still fell.

How so you defend a base???

CPU players do not actively engage in battle, even if they are your playable characters.
They use some sort of weird formula that decreases hitspoints of them or enemies slowly depending on the characters around while the players isnt present.

You need to switch and clear it out, including the area around and any enemy that gets in afterwards. Basically if the base is already super low, well good luck!
Or just come back to the base if you are playing the WiiU version (no switching)

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So I just unlocked the Summoning Gate. I guess the 3DS can't handle showing the actual bosses on-screen? That's kind of disappointing...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I think they also took out riding the Argarok.

Such a butcher of an item.

Nah, you can still ride the Argorok (or at least the blue ball of light that's supposed to be the Argorok):

1g1o9yK.jpg

Still really disappointing.

NeonZ

So I just unlocked the Summoning Gate. I guess the 3DS can't handle showing the actual bosses on-screen? That's kind of disappointing...

They probably could have made lower quality models just for it, but I guess they'd look pretty bad.

Cia still summons up to 4 Dark Links at once, but if you look closer their model is much simpler than the real Dark Link's.

Giolon

Are the weapon placements in Adventure Mode the same as they were before? I haven't played much of it yet.

NeonZ

Are the weapon placements in Adventure Mode the same as they were before? I haven't played much of it yet.

No, they've been heavily changed. The original Adventure map only has level 1 weapons and new characters now, with lvl2 and 3 ones left for later maps. The item use placement is still the same though.

ryseing

Got it today and have been playing on my OG 3DS. It's reasonably playable. Looks much better than I expected but with tons of pop-in. I doubt I'll be able to play for more than an hour at a time thanks to the poor framerate but I am enjoying my short sessions. It's fun. Not normally a Warriors guy but the Zelda hooks and fanservice are great.

Fire Emblem Warriors when?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Question! Once I finish a level on Legend Mode, I can finish all the extra stuff (hearts, skulls, difficulty) on Free Mode with any character, right? I don't have to replay the level on Legend Mode multiple times, do I?

No, they've been heavily changed. The original Adventure map only has level 1 weapons and new characters now, with lvl2 and 3 ones left for later maps. The item use placement is still the same though.

So where in the world is the Wind Waker baton? Is that in a subsequent map?

Yoshi88

Nah, you can still ride the Argorok (or at least the blue ball of light that's supposed to be the Argorok):

1g1o9yK.jpg

Still really disappointing.

Sad but expected trade-off. Summoning Gate with heavy comboing inside keeps on Wii U was already a slideshow sometimes.
Seeing as she is summoning several models of bosses, this weapon always posed an unsolvable challenge for 3DS, I'd say.

Edit: WW Baton is on the first map in 2nd from last column, 3rd row from above

The Boat

Is it me or is this mechanic where you put your whole team around a boss completely useless? It makes them attack the boss which prevents them from revealing their weakspot, it made manhandla even more annoying.

Is it me or is this mechanic where you put your whole team around a boss completely useless? It makes them attack the boss which prevents them from revealing their weakspot, it made manhandla even more annoying.

No because in the case of Manhandla
the weakspot comes up through timely use of the boomerang and the actions which need to be boomeranged don't get interrupted by basic attacks from NPCs

The Boat

No because in the case of Manhandla
the weakspot comes up through timely use of the boomerang and the actions which need to be boomeranged don't get interrupted by basic attacks from NPCs

Are you sure? I could swear that when it gets vulnerable a basic attack would make it invulnerable again, preventing you from revealing the weak spot.

El Odio

Banned
Is it me or did they seriously increase the volume of sound effects in this one? I used to play the wiiu with headphones in the gamepad and could never hear their footsteps and such before.

Almost done with Cia's Tale so I can get to the new WW Legend mode levels and I have to say I like this one a lot better than the wii u version. Being portable and switching characters. I think it looks pretty good as well and the frame rate actually seems better than the wii u version. Only warriors game I've ever liked. Always hated Dynasty Warriors. Love this game though

One thing I've noticed with the Apothecary, when fusing materials to get a potion, there's no button option to insta-fill the required materials. So, if you have to pick all the things, you will pick to get every single one, making the ones that require +100 bronze materials really tedious.

Giolon

One thing I've noticed with the Apothecary, when fusing materials to get a potion, there's no button option to insta-fill the required materials. So, if you have to pick all the things, you will pick to get every single one, making the ones that require +100 bronze materials really tedious.

On Wii U, holding down the button will continue to fill more of the selected ingredient in until you let up. Does this not work in Legends?

On Wii U, holding down the button will continue to fill more of the selected ingredient in until you let up. Does this not work in Legends?

I... did not know you could do that, just tested it now and can confirm holding A auto fills the ingredient.

So, because of the crap 3DS enemy pop in, do special attacks miss? I've found it risky to set off an attack if the enemies haven't popped in yet, or to do it from a safe angle to prevent them from popping out.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question! Once I finish a level on Legend Mode, I can finish all the extra stuff (hearts, skulls, difficulty) on Free Mode with any character, right? I don't have to replay the level on Legend Mode multiple times, do I?

I'm pretty sure you're right... I mean that would be 100% sense, it's such a logical deduction.

Are you sure? I could swear that when it gets vulnerable a basic attack would make it invulnerable again, preventing you from revealing the weak spot.

You're right. I had my members all ganged up on Manhandla today for the full bonus, but they wouldn't stop attacking and Manhandla would just constantly keep spinning. It stopped when I sent them away. So... I don't see the point in the bonuses when the AI doesn't stop attacking.

Top Bottom