• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

Razmos

Any consensus on the DLC for this? Does it look worthwhile?
It looks to be just as worthwhile as the Wii U DLC, if not more so due to having more characters. The only thing it is lacking in comparison is premium costumes, but each DLC pack will have an unlockable costume for EVERY single character, and judging from Toon Link's Niko costume, some of them will be quite high quality and not just recolours.

The Wii U DLC was ridiculously good content for your money, probably around 200 hours of content in total and is widely regarded as a season pass done right, so the new season pass being more of the same is absolutely a good thing.

Tarps

That sounds ace, I'll probably pass on the Wii U version, but it sounds as though the 3DS only season pass will be worth my time. Thanks for the feedback!

L.O.R.D

i having my ass kicked in the Fi mission
all the time Fi says to me "you are not the true hero"
and she is bashing to enemy line all the time and ask for my help
golden spider appears but i can't go to find it because the stupid is about to die.
but wait, there is more, 2 lizards or flaying lizard going straight to my castle, and i have to kill them,but now volga is here, and he wont die , even after i defeat him , fi is still standing in front of him and i can't find the fairy

where are the fairy? i don't have any.

TDLink

So I bought this and am in the second story mission, Eldin Caves...killed all the enemies but there's a big X on the bottom right keep. Don't know what I'm supposed to do but the mission won't end. Help?

Razmos

So I bought this and am in the second story mission, Eldin Caves...killed all the enemies but there's a big X on the bottom right keep. Don't know what I'm supposed to do but the mission won't end. Help?
Everyone needs to escape. Control them if you have to to get them there

TheMoon

how to get a fairy ?
i played to twilight area and still don't have any fairy.

they're not in story mode.

Reminder: the manual is linked in the OP. Manuals have useful info in them. :D

fairylhs6l.jpg

TheMoon

yah, i went there and got B in some level and got a fairy when free a castle,but it's not there after i get out.

in the japanese release , they gave people fairies via spotpass.

did you read the thing from the manual? it's not the fairy that's locked in chains, those are different. my fairy fairies are the ones you find in the jars.

so they are hidden? not the keep?

They're in brown pots in keeps, you just have to smash everything in keeps until you find it. Admittedly, that's the earliest level you can get a My Fairy on, and it includes and Elemental Fairy (the one you've found), so it is a bit confusing.

Rizzi

So what do I need to do before I can get the chain chomp weapon for Link? I tap the amiibo and it gives me nothing but swords.

HiroTSK5

So what do I need to do before I can get the chain chomp weapon for Link? I tap the amiibo and it gives me nothing but swords.

You get Link's other weapons in the adventure mode map, until then I believe Amiibos can only give you weapons you already have.

Lgndryhr

Picked this up yesterday. Enjoying it so far. Never played it before nor do I own a Wii U. If I ever get a Wii U or if the NX has the title in any shape or form. I'll get that too. Love the DW games with themes like the Gundam ones.

L.O.R.D

found a fairy , kept level her up until i got "special fountain" ability
but for how many time i can use the the fairy's ability?
can it be replenished during the level?

Piers

Any consensus on the DLC for this? Does it look worthwhile?

It's worthwhile if the DLC characters have things to unlock.
The biggest punch in the gut was that the Wii U DLC gave you all the Rank Weapons right off the bat, which basically meant there was nothing to gain with them. Want to get heart pieces in the Termina map with Young Link? Sorry, that's all for the vanilla roster.

NeonZ

You mean the yellow bar?
special fountain make me use my special attack unlimited time,but i don't know how many seconds,maybe for 60 seconds?

The green one.

It's worthwhile if the DLC characters have things to unlock.
The biggest punch in the gut was that the Wii U DLC gave you all the Rank Weapons right off the bat, which basically meant there was nothing to gain with them. Want to get heart pieces in the Termina map with Young Link? Sorry, that's all for the vanilla roster.
The big issue there was that the Japanese DLC was sold individually - so they could buy the characters without maps, making it so the maps couldn't assume that the player had the character. So far, they've only announced packs for Legends even in Japan.

georly

Finally got to plug in about 10~ hours into legend mode this weekend. Boy is that a million times better than Wii U. Stages where you can't use link are actually playable (I got gold!) without having to grind their levels up really high. I can actually beat darunia/ruto stages!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is there any benefit to getting all the Heart Pieces in Adventure Mode beyond just more hearts---like are later maps locked behind clearing out everything in the initial one?

When I played Adventure Mode on the Wii U I would try going for the Heart Pieces but now I realize it's far less time consuming to just save my items for all the weapons and characters first...I mean that's the main content I want to unlock.

Also lol at one Adventure Mode stage being limited to Darunia---but letting me pick other characters anyway to switch to. They really didn't incorporate switching that well, huh? I mean it's great to have but the game doesn't seem balanced around it.

georly

Is there any benefit to getting all the Heart Pieces in Adventure Mode beyond just more hearts---like are later maps locked behind clearing out everything in the initial one?

When I played Adventure Mode on the Wii U I would try going for the Heart Pieces but now I realize it's far less time consuming to just save my items for all the weapons and characters first...I mean that's the main content I want to unlock.

Also lol at one Adventure Mode stage being limited to Darunia---but letting me pick other characters anyway to switch to. They really didn't incorporate switching that well, huh? I mean it's great to have but the game doesn't seem balanced around it.

It's so much nicer, since there are a handful of characters I find no fun to play, like darunia and ruto. Getting to choose them, switch to link, and demolish the stage is such a nice QOL improvement for me. Lets me move on and do the things I wanna do.

Bladenic

Started playing. Couple of questions:

1. I missed the damn gold skulltula in Faron Woods. Can I replay the level, kill it, then exit without losing it? Same question applied to Heart containers etc.

2. How do you use Sheik's Y effectively? Is it the direction of the stick?

georly

Started playing. Couple of questions:

1. I missed the damn gold skulltula in Faron Woods. Can I replay the level, kill it, then exit without losing it? Same question applied to Heart containers etc.

2. How do you use Sheik's Y effectively? Is it the direction of the stick?

1. You need to clear the stage, unfortunately. Don't stress out about skulltula/heart pieces until later. Get the important stuff from the adventure map once you beat story - better weapons, new characters, etc. Then, replay the old stuff for collectibles and just breeze through them as you 1-shot everything.

2. Which song you play depends on the last combo you did. You'll see a note w/ an element under your yellow bar. C2 (attack, Y) = water. C3 (AA, Y) = Fire. C4 = Thunder, C5 = Shadow, C6 = Light

Light creates a box on the ground that refills your yellow gauge if you sit in it. Sheik's special is really really good, so a good strat it to do C6 (AAAAA,Y), then do the box, then use your special, over and over.

Speaking of Sheik's special, the enemy limit really hurts this game. It used to get 50+ KOs easy. Now, everyone averages 17 or so KOs. Makes getting A rank in Adventure Mode so tedious.

Tingle

Speaking of Sheik's special, the enemy limit really hurts this game. It used to get 50+ KOs easy. Now, everyone averages 17 or so KOs. Makes getting A rank in Adventure Mode so tedious.

The fairy nukes more than make up for any character's failings in KO ability, though. You can get hundreds of kills with pretty much no effort, and its easy to get two or three of them per round.

I figure they added the fairies as a fail-safe in case any mission was made impossible on the 3DS, but they really overdid it.

Bladenic

Why was there a door that never opened in the 4th level (where you fight the big plant)? What's back there? Did I miss something?

Halabane

the map is driving me a bit nuts. trying to rush somewhere and the map is not quite one to one with the screen.

other than that it can be a challenging game to keep all the balls in the air...especially if you don't know where you supposed to go. almost takes a fail or two just to learn the map and where things are going to happen. It could be a control thrower of a game...busy somewhere and then fail somewhere else on the map.

I bought the dlc but have not even seen where I would use it yet. Maybe because its there I don't know and its just coming into the game. ??

Lot of content.

I have never had a game go the full time....I don't see you can extend the game to go out longer...it seems it drives me thru events to get to the final event that end that section. It would be nice to have some of them go long so you could grind.

I am playing on a new 3ds so that may be why I am positive on this game.

Bladenic

Sorry to ask all these questions. Do you get any rewards for completing those side missions about protecting someone? Like the one in Lake Hylia where those guys charge Darunia?

Also for that map, I just said screw it and didn't even bother going after Dodongo. Was that a mistake? I'm guessing I missed out on exp and whatever item it drops, probably not a wise decision.

NeonZ

Sorry to ask all these questions. Do you get any rewards for completing those side missions about protecting someone? Like the one in Lake Hylia where those guys charge Darunia?

Also for that map, I just said screw it and didn't even bother going after Dodongo. Was that a mistake? I'm guessing I missed out on exp and whatever item it drops, probably not a wise decision.

The side-missions usually just save trouble for later, since if you don't take care of them enemies might head towards your base or mission important officers that will give you a mission failure if they're defeated.

Of course, defeating those enemies you also get drops and experience, but it's not anything special.

Just got to the first level that I"m having trouble with; the Valley of Seers (4th legends level not counting the Linkle stage) on normal difficulty.

In my defense, I haven't been paying a ton of attention both times I started the level. The first time I failed almost immediately because I didn't capture the two areas they wanted me to. The second time I captured those two areas, but then as I was making my way to the next objective it failed for some reason.

I was probably just taking too much time to get where I needed to go, and I really wanted paying much attention to the battlefield chatter or the map, which seems to be the key of doing well in these.

Camjo-Z

God I hate Agitha. The one character in this game with absolutely NOTHING going for her in terms of moveset. Trying to do that Adventure Mode mission in the top left corner of the map where she fights off hordes of Dinolfos and you basically have no choice but to spend loads of Rupees grinding her to a higher level so you can cheese all the enemies.

Just got to the first level that I"m having trouble with; the Valley of Seers (4th legends level not counting the Linkle stage) on normal difficulty.

In my defense, I haven't been paying a ton of attention both times I started the level. The first time I failed almost immediately because I didn't capture the two areas they wanted me to. The second time I captured those two areas, but then as I was making my way to the next objective it failed for some reason.

I was probably just taking too much time to get where I needed to go, and I really wanted paying much attention to the battlefield chatter or the map, which seems to be the key of doing well in these.

As long as you go straight to any areas that are being marked on the map as important and pay attention to whether crucial officers need you to go bring them back to full health, you should be good.

Rizzi

God I hate Agitha. The one character in this game with absolutely NOTHING going for her in terms of moveset. Trying to do that Adventure Mode mission in the top left corner of the map where she fights off hordes of Dinolfos and you basically have no choice but to spend loads of Rupees grinding her to a higher level so you can cheese all the enemies.

As long as you go straight to any areas that are being marked on the map as important and pay attention to whether crucial officers need you to go bring them back to full health, you should be good.

Agitha is the worst.

Top Bottom