• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

God I hate Agitha. The one character in this game with absolutely NOTHING going for her in terms of moveset. Trying to do that Adventure Mode mission in the top left corner of the map where she fights off hordes of Dinolfos and you basically have no choice but to spend loads of Rupees grinding her to a higher level so you can cheese all the enemies.

You could use the Apothecary and use the "Items are permanently powered up for the whole mission" and spam light arrows all day

Razmos

I actually got quite used to Agitha in the Wii U version. Juggling for days and she actually hits like a truck with a good weapon. Her BBY is also very spammable, which is boring but effective.

Bladenic

Well this game went from fun to fucking awful, and it's all because of the goddamn Imprisoned. Died twice already. Fuck this shit.

Well this game went from fun to fucking awful, and it's all because of the goddamn Imprisoned. Died twice already. Fuck this shit.

At least you're not facing the Wii U version of the Imprisoned, Weak Point only goes down to half no matter what and you have to take it down a second time if you want to do a Weak Point Smash on it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
At least you're not facing the Wii U version of the Imprisoned, Weak Point only goes down to half no matter what and you have to take it down a second time if you want to do a Weak Point Smash on it.

Wait, they made the Imprisoned easier in this version? That sounds like a very welcome change.

Giolon

The Imprisoned is the worst, but it was also the worst in Skyward Sword, so no change there.

If you have a choice, my favorite character to take out the Imprisoned is Sheik. Use super to break all toes at once, perform C6 combo to do maximum weak point damage (repeat if time), retreat to a safe distance and play the Light Song (already prepped from C6 combo) to regain super. Once the Imprisoned stands up, he will pulse energy from his toes 6 times, then you can repeat the cycle.

Bladenic

I'm only playing through the story so all I have is Link and Fi. I was using Fi, and it's not bad until his steps become faster (I think) and shockwaves become huge. And the damage is unreal for this point in the game, I feel like. Maybe I'll try switching to Link but what I like about Fi is her movement.

Berordn

I'm only playing through the story so all I have is Link and Fi. I was using Fi, and it's not bad until his steps become faster (I think) and shockwaves become huge. And the damage is unreal for this point in the game, I feel like. Maybe I'll try switching to Link but what I like about Fi is her movement.

Fi is TERRIBLE against bosses, especially the imprisoned. Take him down with Link and you can blow through the gauge in no time.

The Imprisoned is a special case though, he's just an awful boss.

Dragoshi1

The Imprisoned is the worst, but it was also the worst in Skyward Sword, so no change there.

If you have a choice, my favorite character to take out the Imprisoned is Sheik. Use super to break all toes at once, perform C6 combo to do maximum weak point damage (repeat if time), retreat to a safe distance and play the Light Song (already prepped from C6 combo) to regain super. Once the Imprisoned stands up, he will pulse energy from his toes 6 times, then you can repeat the cycle.

Linkle's super works too, along with her strong 3 being able to eat the weak point gauge if you do all her air moves in one go.

Even easier when you have 2+ other characters nearby.

The Adventure Mode challenge that had this gave me a hard time on Wii U. Definitely use a lot of C4 with Gi. That sword-swinging attack has good, safe coverage. And of course, dodge a lot if you're gonna camp the toes. It definitely became a more manageable boss after that.

Use Link and then YYX to take his toes out from range.

NeonZ

In the Legends mode stage, you can also knock down the Imprisoned when he floats to destroy the keeps. There's a weapon that you can activate that that knocks it down when it starts floating in front of the fort.

Bladenic

Pretty sure I'll have to restart the second stage
as Ganondorf
. The part at the end where you have to chase down 3 enemies before they escape, WTF?

Pretty sure I'll have to restart the second stage
as Ganondorf
. The part at the end where you have to chase down 3 enemies before they escape, WTF?

Bottom map, tap the portraits of each character to get into battle with the other clones. Beat them up one at a time. And keep an eye on it to make sure that they did conflict with the opposing party. The AI can be pretty dumb in this regard.

Bladenic

Bottom map, tap the portraits of each character to get into battle with the other clones. Beat them up one at a time. And keep an eye on it to make sure that they did conflict with the opposing party. The AI can be pretty dumb in this regard.

I already tried that but they don't reach them in time. And they move fast. Plus Ghirahim is almost dead. What sucks is that the checkpoint restarts me coming out of the fairy fountain because I got the heart container (at least it better have counted me getting it), which sucks because I could've intercepted all three of the checkpoint was back when the fairy fountain opened. Oh well.

Assault Troops are the most brutal addition to the game, especially in the story. I almost always fail them. There's too much going on.

Tarps

I've only scratched the surface on this game (3 story chapters), and loving it so far.

Hard difficulty is a good challenge, but completing each story chapter on normal first is helping me not get hung up on surprises, or failing to find objectives in time.

My stress levels go through the roof at times, but it a great feeling when you finally overcome.

I can't imagine this without the character switching, it feels so natural, and giving out orders is easy.

As has been mentioned already, friendly AI could be better. I really wish they would look after their own health gauges. When I'm kicking ass against a boss, I could do without switching to my partners just to perform a quick heal, or just ordering them over to a distant part of the map so they don't get scratched!

Still, I'm loving both the gameplay and fanservice of this one, really glad I picked this up,

Rizzi

Yeesh. The last Wind Waker battle is fucking terrible.
Fight these giant bosses with characters that do fuck all damage, also there's a time limit and you're all stuck on four corners of the map.
Yeah that's fun.

Also fucking christ, I forgot how terrible Fi is. Adventure mode, kill these enemies as Fi. Yes, I sure do love all that high single target damage she does. That is totally my favourite part of Fi.

Berordn

Yeesh. The last Wind Waker battle is fucking terrible.
Fight these giant bosses with characters that do fuck all damage, also there's a time limit and you're all stuck on four corners of the map.
Yeah that's fun.

Also fucking christ, I forgot how terrible Fi is. Adventure mode, kill these enemies as Fi. Yes, I sure do love all that high single target damage she does. That is totally my favourite part of Fi.

I actually don't have much trouble racking up damage as King Daphnes, but Tetra seems a bit weak, even when you can get her 2nd tier weapon a couple maps earlier.

But by the time I got to that point Link was level... 55 or so? Wasn't too hard to just tear though everything with the Master Sword.

Rizzi

I actually don't have much trouble racking up damage as King Daphnes, but Tetra seems a bit weak, even when you can get her 2nd tier weapon a couple maps earlier.

But by the time I got to that point Link was level... 55 or so? Wasn't too hard to just tear though everything with the Master Sword.
The King seems pretty good. His strong attack buff is useful, and he does a pretty decent amount of damage.

GenG3000

Bought the game one week ago and have been having a blast with it. Being portable makes it even better at the expense of graphics.

By the way, did they tone down or remove completely some special attacks? In Wii U you had that cool animation with the character jumping over big monsters every time you knocked down one. And I remember Fierce Deity slashing the moon in two halves.

Krammy

By the way, did they tone down or remove completely some special attacks? In Wii U you had that cool animation with the character jumping over big monsters every time you knocked down one. And I remember Fierce Deity slashing the moon in two halves.

All boss animations were toned down (removed) to speed up the battle. Special attacks have been toned down in terms of the dynamic camera movement, but I can't speak on the animations actually changing, as I haven't seen anything noticeable.

GenG3000

All boss animations were toned down (removed) to speed up the battle. Special attacks have been toned down in terms of the dynamic camera movement, but I can't speak on the animations actually changing, as I haven't seen anything noticeable.

Yes, you are right. Actually the moon slicing attack was the magic boost manual special (X). I didn't know you had two magic boost specials depending if the bar depleted or not. And I spent 100 hours in the Wii U version...

GenG3000

Ugh, Zelda sucks so bad.

Rapiers are slow and clunky because you have to interrupt the flow of the battle to cast the light orbs, and the Wind Baton is also kinda slow. However, the Dominion Rod is incredibly fun! One of the most creative and entertaining weapons in the game and Zelda's best.

Rizzi

Rapiers are slow and clunky because you have to interrupt the flow of the battle to cast the light orbs, and the Wind Baton is also kinda slow. However, the Dominion Rod is incredibly fun! One of the most creative and entertaining weapons in the game and Zelda's best.

I haven't unlocked the Dominion Rod yet. Slowly going through adventure mode.
Something I was never clear on in the Wii U version and I still don't get is what causes weapon drops to be higher ranks? I get rank 2 weapons on some characters, but not others.

GenG3000

You unlock the upgrades by finding them in chests.

Some are found in story mode while others are obtained in the adventure maps.

Bladenic

Alright so I finished story mode. Now started Adventure. On the very second map I tried (right of starting point), I can't get an A. Highest KO count is a little over 1200 and that still got me a B. What do? Where can you check the count for an A?

Atrarock

Alright so I finished story mode. Now started Adventure. On the very second map I tried (right of starting point), I can't get an A. Highest KO count is a little over 1200 and that still got me a B. What do? Where can you check the count for an A?
Adventure battles are always ranked by time, damage, and ko count. Max damage varies, but for time it's usually under 15 minutes for that A-rank and as well as 1,200 for that other A-rank.

Always dodge when needed...which is alot.

Bladenic

Adventure battles are always ranked by time, damage, and ko count. Max damage varies, but for time it's usually under 15 minutes for that A-rank and as well as 1,200 for that other A-rank.

Always dodge when needed...which is alot.

Then maybe I only had 1,100 I dunno. :(

Piers

Fi is TERRIBLE against bosses, especially the imprisoned. Take him down with Link and you can blow through the gauge in no time.

The Imprisoned is a special case though, he's just an awful boss.

I find The Imprisoned alright compared to Manhandla.
For whatever reason they haven't 'fixed' the AI's refusal to do any attack that exposes its weak point from 50% health onwards.

At least players can gradually fill the magic bar by whamming it, but it's still unnecessary time waste.

Volga is another character that's usually dreadful to try and fight.

Berordn

I find The Imprisoned alright compared to Manhandla.
For whatever reason they haven't 'fixed' the AI's refusal to do any attack that exposes its weak point from 50% health onwards.

At least players can gradually fill the magic bar by whamming it, but it's still unnecessary time waste.

Volga is another character that's usually dreadful to try and fight.

Manhandla I can manage to defeat in a single weak point blast at least.

But yeah, Volga is terrible. AI attacks incredibly fast, weak points are up for half a second... Bleh.

Skull Kid is another harsh one to face just because he can destroy your A rank with that one combo.

With Volga you just want to spam you basic attack while he is blocking and then dodge as soon as he jumps. Weak point is up as soon as he lands. Never really had a problem with Manhandla, I just stay a medium distance away while blocking in case it does the rapid fire attack.

shaowebb

Is it just me or does Toon Link suck?

Just you. His moveset puts folks airborne and allows him to safe combo most anything. Its like the changes made to Zhao Yun's moveset over the years. Seems odd at first till you realize you can pick your threats, remove them from their protective crowds and slaughter them. What sucks is certain moves with recovery like if he makes himself dizzy. You need to use careful consideration and spacing to use those. Otherwise, cancel combos and go for launcher strings.

Rizzi

A ranks are 15 minutes for most maps, I think 7 for the "Kill only these specific enemies" maps.
1200 kills for the maps that grade you on that, I'm pretty sure only the keep capturing ones do that though.
Also take less than 4000 damage.

Razmos

It looks like Medli is going to be a Light-element character. That's somewhat disappointing considering her attacks are nearly all wind based like the Wind Waker is.

Unless she's one of those characters with dual elements and her Lightning attacks just happen to inflict the light debuff

Tingle

Uuuuugh Tingle sucks so bad.

Just keep spamming his move where he flies up into the air and throws bombs. He is borderline broken if you do that.

It breaks non-boss weakpoints in one hit, does massive damage, and completely clears keeps. He definitely is not a bad character, if only for that one move.

Camjo-Z

Uuuuugh Tingle sucks so bad.

Tingle
(Today, 07:53 AM)

Z48Ywwh.png

Rizzi

UUUUGH. Why did they not add fast travel points to the adventure mode, ffs.
It's really pissing me off.
Trying to do a mission and literally the first thing that happens is Cia going "rescue me!", Lana going "rescue me!" and the base getting nearly murdered.
Yeah this is fun.
And then the manhandla stalks that pop up all across the fucking map just murder the keep anyway.

Top Bottom