• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Looks like a hot mess right now and severely unfinished. I hope it's good.

I think this confirms that the real Zelda isn't hitting 'til 2015, and further seems to confirm that Nintendo is incapable of HD development to me. Please don't post pictures/gifs of SM3DWorld. I'm sure it's great, and I plan to buy it, but it clearly started life on the 3DS and was panic-rushed to the Wii U or we'd have Galaxy 3 or a proper 3D Mario by now.

Servbot24

Banned
It is true. Remember Super Mario 3D World reveal? Or does all the crow need to be brought up again.

When they revealed it it looked boring. Turned out to be good. As I said, this game could turn out to be good, but right now it looks bad. I'm not going to praise Nintendo for putting out a shitty trailer.

I do like the blue scarf though. And I think Link should always look somewhat androgynous as he does here. Good design for him imo.

javac

So this is a Skyward Sword prequel right? Link's design is pretty much ripped from that prequel manga.

Is it even canon? Looks more like a re-skinned DW game that holds no bearing to Zelda lore other than the looks. The design is right from the Skyward Sword prequel however.

Boss Man

Silent protagonists are meant to be the personification of the player actually playing the game. You're the one folding the story out, not link. It's also one of the reasons of Link's ambiguous design.

Honestly there are very few writers who can write a likeable protagonist, so I'd rather them shut up
I've realized over the past several years that I much, much prefer a silent protagonist. I don't know if it's a problem with voice acting or just a general preference though. Currently enjoying the hell out of WWHD and I know that would not get nearly as much out of it if there was VA.

I don't really like Musou games, but I really like Zelda games. I'm conflicted on whether I should be excited or not.

do you like zelda for visuals or for gameplay.... gameplaywise this will be just musou

(to make it clear... i will still buy this. i dont love musou but its okay to buy a musou once in a while. i just recently purchased one piece musou and warrior orochi 3)

I think this confirms that the real Zelda isn't hitting 'til 2015, and further seems to confirm that Nintendo is incapable of HD development to me. Please don't post pictures/gifs of SM3DWorld. I'm sure it's great, and I plan to buy it, but it clearly started life on the 3DS and was panic-rushed to the Wii U or we'd have Galaxy 3 or a proper 3D Mario by now.

Clearly.

You seem to know a lot about a game you havent even played.

Clawww

I have been reading this thread all day and am kind of loving how, whenever there's a "This is a disgrace" comment, it is usually followed immediately by a "I fucking love this" comment.

you can't even tell what's going on or where the salt is coming from

is it zelda fans? zelda haters? nintendo fans? nintendo haters?

Nibel

While I think some parts of it look rough and other parts look intriguing, I wonder why they mash up Zelda and Musou since Zelda isn't a big seller in Japan recently

Imagine Pokémon Musou or Animal Crossing Musou

Boss Man

It is true. Remember Super Mario 3D World reveal? Or does all the crow need to be brought up again.
I thought 3D World looked awesome and didn't really understand the gripes until everyone explained that it was coming from the 3DS game. Still thought it looked awesome though.

This, however, does not. It looks like a bad mod.

Ansatz

While I think some parts of it look rough and other parts look intriguing, I wonder why they mash up Zelda and Musou since Zelda isn't a big seller in Japan recently

Everything in life isn't about maximizing sales potential.

BY2K

Membero Americo

It's not even made by Nintendo.

Velti

Neo Member
Ooooh!!! I've been wanting to play as Sheik FOR MY WHOLE LIIIIIIFE-!!

Smash is nice but this will be better. :3

Also, beta much? Dem textures...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's weird how this game's reveal is causing so many to conclude "oh yeah see Nintendo can't make HD games they MUST be having so much trouble with Zelda U".

When we know Zelda U hasn't been in development that long, but people are expecting/demanding it be this huge production.

Nintendo make something as big as Skyrim w/ world's best graphics and have it done in 14 months. Thx.

It's weird how this game's reveal is causing so many to conclude "oh yeah see Nintendo can't make HD games they MUST be having so much trouble with Zelda U".

When we know Zelda U hasn't been in development that long, but people are expecting/demanding it be this huge production.

Nintendo make something as big as Skyrim w/ world's best graphics and have it done in 14 months. Thx.

we just got zelda wind waker HD which is a really great HD remake in my opinion. that was made in 6 months

-Horizon-

uh-huh, please go on and tell us more

There's so much wrong in this, that I don't even know where to start.

They should've shown this guy...

19316.jpg

It's not even made by Nintendo.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that Nintendo may face the choice of whether to delay zelda. Overall success of the wiiu will be a factor in that decision if it comes down to that. If this sold big then they could see that as placating Zelda fans and feel ok taking longer on zelda wii.

But really it's probably just a case of "LEVERAGE ALL THE IPS AS HARD AS WE POSSIBLY CAN."

javac

The game doesn't even have a logo yet. Maybe it'll look better by release. Doubt by much cos lol Koei.

Also polygon says The game is being developed by longtime series producer Eiji Aonuma. Is that true?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
This is kind of sad. The real Zelda game ain't coming out anytime relatively soon I guess.

One, this is a real Zelda game. Part of the franchise and all that. Just because it's not the standard Zelda title doesn't make it a fictional non-existent entry created by fans that can only be played on the Phantom Entertainment Console.

Two, A Link Between Worlds just came out. Go ahead and enjoy that, it's Zelda too and in more or less standard style.

Why are people excited for this?

Why would I be excited for a game that if done well could provide me hundreds of hours of entertainment in a system I like featuring art styles and assets I enjoy seeing? I don't know, why would you be interested in a game that does so for you?
If you simply don't understand why Warrior games appeal to people, there are plenty of people posting in this thread that have explained what they liked as well as past threads (for example http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471623).

uhh, don't know what to think of this. I really dislike all of the dynasty warrior games.

Then this simply won't be for you. That's okay though, you have a future title to look forward to while is just a spin-off game you don't have to play just like I didn't have to play Super Mario Kart while I waited for the next platformer or anyone had to remember Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland before Twilight Princess and/or Skyward Sword came out (I forget the time frame).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

You sound like an expert in HD development. Did Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot with this game? They should stop immediately the work on it, I guess! Oh, wait.

Into

Looks rotten. Its obviously not a part of the main series, nor should one expect it to qualitywise be up there.

Though the positive might be that we gain a new appreciation for Other M now

Madouu

I wonder how this game came to be. Was it just like the wonderful 101 where the developers pitched the concept to Nintendo and then got it greenlit or was it something else.

Also, I think as evidenced by the Yakuza HD sales, Nintendo isn't afraid to greenlight projects that seem to have very little chance of being commercially viable.

People see this as a stocking filler because the Core Zelda title is going to miss next year? I see it being made because the core Zelda title is coming 2014 and it's going to be the goddamn year of The Legend of Zelda! Move aside Cranky.

I'd rather have something akin to Twilight Princess in terms of content (dungeons) and play it in 2015 rather than a Wind Waker 2.0 that I could play in 2014.

javac

People see this as a stocking filler because the Core Zelda title is going to miss next year? I see it being made because the core Zelda title is coming 2014 and it's going to be the goddamn year of The Legend of Zelda! Move aside Cranky.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

nope sherlock, I didn't know that.

Everyone else looks fine and looks modern. King Dodongo looks like two gens behind. Just strikes me that he sticks out like a sore thumb graphic-wise.

Sry, my mistake. I read "it's the worst looking part" and not "he's the worst looking part" :/

I thought 3D World looked awesome and didn't really understand the gripes until everyone explained that it was coming from the 3DS game. Still thought it looked awesome though.

This, however, does not. It looks like a bad mod.

Just because you thought it looked awesome doesn't disprove my post. You thought 3D World looked great and think this looks bad. Some people think that 3D World looked bad and this looks good. People went ape shit over 3D World not being the "Next Gen Mario" and when it finally came out people appreciated it and loved what they saw. E3 went from "This looks bland, boring a 3Ds up port!" to Launch where "Wow this game looks beautiful! Its amazing!" The point of the matter is even with as little information as possible people are just going to find ways to nitpick every game.

Kouriozan

Also, I think as evidenced by the Yakuza HD sales, Nintendo isn't afraid to greenlight projects that seem to have very little chance of being commercially viable.
Yup, that's not new.
I'm glad Nintendo is not the company to just give up on a console despite being one of the worst selling in the history.
I'm happy about this game since I love Musou but for people who don't, there is no need to despise it since it's not made by Nintendo's team nor delaying Zelda U.

Top Bottom