• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Fandangox

lank.png

TWO: The dude character is clearly Rusl, here pictured with a gun, because I couldn't find a better shot of his war getup.

rusl1.png

THREE: Ashei must be in the game. Gaze upon her majesty. Her hollow, contemptuous stare!

ashei.png

Actually I was thinking that the four rebels from TP would probably be a good pick to have as characters in the game, if they are going by the tons of characters route.

I just realized that Levi from Attack on Titan is a male version of her.

Oh shit.

Man the last story art is so good

I know I love it. Its just so great.

ZhugeEX

Banned
What is a "Mosou" guys?

Musou is the word used to described KOEI's Dynasty Warriors type games. All hack and slash games developed by KOEI have musou in the title. e.g Shin Sangoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors), Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors), Gundam Musou (Dynasty Warriors Gundam), Musou Orochi (Warriors Orochi).

In English the word is usually translated to mean "Warriors". So when people say "Musou" games they are specifically referring to Warriors games developed by KOEI.

The word also means Unparalleled, or unrivalled, or unbeatable or something like that in Japanese. So basically Japanese titles literally translated means "Unparalleled Three Kingdoms" (Dynasty Warriors)

TreIII

AGITΩ;94186579 said:
Any bets on Potential English name for Zelda Musou?

Hyrule Warriors just doesn't work right.
My Picks:
Warriors of Hyrule
Hylian Warriors
Knights of Hyrule
Hyrule Chronicles

Not Serious Pick:
Chronicles of Zelda's Legendary Warriors

"The Legend of Zelda: Warriors of Hyrule" has a nice ring to it, I'd think.

As long as they don't go for anything as lame as "Dynasty Warriors: Zelda". I never liked that name for Gundam Musou and I hope they don't do such a thing again. Even the One Piece game got a halfway decent name convention.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
killing shit as gandorf should be fun if they let you play as him. wouldnt be suprised if koei go crazy on this and let you play as the goran giant and stuff too

I hope this will be a hit in Japan. Probably wont do as well in the West, but I certainly will be picking it up. I like this new take of the Zelda universe.

This thread hit 50 pages in less than 24 hours, and is still going strong. It seems that Zelda, wether people love it or hate it, still gets the masses talking about it.

AGITΩ

Maybe I'm just seeing things, its more Noticable in motion than this screen I just took, but:
BOYaMYf.jpg

Looks like Sheik in the Distance, just standing there.

zeldablue

I has a question. :3

In most of these games, the characters usually have conversations during the gameplay, right, kind of like Kid Icarus Uprising. There's no way Nintendo will allows Link to talk...but will there be spoken dialogue with Zelda and Ganondorf you think? I mean...you can't exactly read and fight at the same time.

AGITΩ

In most of these games, the characters usually have conversations during the gameplay, right, kind of like Kid Icarus Uprising. There's no way Nintendo will allows Link to talk...but will there be spoken dialogue with Zelda and Ganondorf you think? I mean...you can't exactly read and fight at the same time.
That's true, this would have to be a game in which they'd kinda have to talk...Unless Aonuma goes "MAKE THEM SPEAK HYLIAN, We'll give them subtitles!"

You know what's funny? I actually dreamt up this idea with a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. We decided that if this was made, this should be the roster:

Legend of Zelda - Link, Zelda, Ganon (transformation of Ganondorf), Impa
Adventure of Link - Dark Link
A Link to the Past - Aganhim
Link's Awakening - None
Ocarina of Time - Sheik (transformation of Zelda), Ganondorf, Darunia, Ruto, Nabooru, Saria, Rauru, Twinrova
Majora's Mask - Skull Kid, Tingle
Oracles - Veran, Onox
Four Swords trilogy - Vaati
The Wind Waker - Tetra, King of Hyrule
Twilight Princess - Midna, Zant
Phantom Hourglass - Linebeck
Spirit Tracks - Byrne
Skyward Sword - Ghirahim, Groose, Demise
A Link Between Worlds - Ravio, Hilda, Yuga

Of course our idea was a little bit more fanservicey. But the idea was, to have all of these characters exist in the same time frame, being different incarnations of ones in the past, and just do their own thing.

If you went through the ages, you could do things like other versions of Link, etc.

Really disappointing this game is reusing enemy models, though.

Link and Ganon are obvious choices; Zelda is an oddball where she's sometimes a weak princess and sometimes a capable fighter (especially in Super Smash). Demise and Skull Kid would be really cool. Midna is a must; bonus points if she's riding on Wolf Link! Not so sure about a lot of the other ones though. Groose? King of Hyrule? Linebeck? That'd be pretty ridiculous.

You sort of have to read and fight at the same time in at least some of them though. One Piece: Pirate Warriors only has Japanese audio for instance. It worked well anyway imo. But yeah, that's a good point, there should probably be some audio. I wonder how they'll sort that out.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until it existed.

Pretty much this.

I'm assuming this is a really early footage though; things look pretty rough around the edges. I do like the idea, I just hope enemies will be a little more "involved". Never really played any of the Warriors games so I don't know if this is run-of-the-mill for the series.

I do really like Link's design, however. I'm also excited for the more playable characters.

This could definitely be cool.

zroid

Banned
I'm wondering whether all the people who think this looks really bad or unimpressive are saying so because they think it looks like a bad Musou game, or because it's a Musou game.

ArjanN

I'm wondering whether all the people who think this looks really bad or unimpressive are saying so because they think it looks like a bad Musou game, or because it's a Musou game.

Well the footage doesn't really look very impressive on it's own.

And let's be honest: none of the musou games are really good games.

Oh, it's not about the visual, it's about the content. It's Zelda.

Eh, it'll be a musou game with a Zelda skin.

Mecha

We haven't really seen enough to see if its a bad musou game, from what I have read most people are just complaining about it being one.

This will be just another highly repetitive masou game with middling reviews and possibly questionable story choices, and will be the only new Zelda game for Wii U in 2014

pls be excited

Beth Cyra

Pretty much this.

I'm assuming this is a really early footage though; things look pretty rough around the edges. I do like the idea, I just hope enemies will be a little more "involved". Never really played any of the Warriors games so I don't know if this is run-of-the-mill for the series.

I do really like Link's design, however. I'm also excited for the more playable characters.

This could definitely be cool.
Again summer release so don't expect a whole lot to change from what you saw in the video.

As for the enemies, jack the game up a few notches and you should be good to go. Musou games can get plenty intense.

ArjanN

Well I don't blame people for enjoying these games, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking they don't have the qualities I mentioned.

Maybe this game is different but if it plays like other musou games IMO the added focus on it from being a Zelda game means it's going to get panned over here.

Beth Cyra

There's a crap ton of hate for the games in this thread. I always loved the games though
Not a fan of the main franchise.

That said GM 1/2/3 got me to drop tons of time into them. Now that Shin GM has Zero EW means I'm picking up at leadt two more Musous.

Hell my dream game is a Musou. Dynamic Productions Musou would be soooooooo good.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well I don't blame people for enjoying these games, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking they don't have the qualities I mentioned.

Maybe this game is different but if it plays like other musou games IMO the added focus on it from being a Zelda game means it's going to get panned over here.

The Orochi series exist so no

This thread is almost nothing but hate for Musou...

No, I like the Musou games because I think they are fun, but everyone I know hate them because they feel that they are repetitious, shallow and mindless button mashers. I just never seen this many people get excited over a Musou game before.

emb

I've been aware of the genre for a while, but never gotten into it. Anyone have any favorite (localized in North America) Musou games they'd recommend? Only ones I currently really know of are the DW games.
Edit:
Warriors orochi 3
Thanks. Lol, I should have just paid more attention to the video quoted right above this post. Looks mad fun, will check it out.
DW Gundam 3 is an amazing game.
Also interesting. Seems like a weird name for it, but sounds enjoyable. Thanks.

Beth Cyra

I've been aware of the genre for a while, but never gotten into it. Anyone have any favorite (localized in North America) Musou games they'd recommend? Only ones I currently really know of are the DW games.
DW Gundam 3 is an amazing game.

AGITΩ;94190065 said:
Maybe I'm just seeing things, its more Noticable in motion than this screen I just took, but:
BOYaMYf.jpg

Looks like Sheik in the Distance, just standing there.

WTF is that? Looks like a purple horse

Top Bottom