• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

zeldablue

Just imagine this...

During E3 they show the real Zelda U. It looks godly. Every Zelda fans cries and faints, and people who know nothing about the series instantly become curious and begin to ponder a Wii U purchase.

On that same say they go to the store and see Hyrule Warriors starring them in the face.

This game is going to sell like hotcakes in our anticipation for Zelda U. And you know that. After Twilight Princess was unveiled, I ended up buying the rest of the series. All of them. :|

Mariolee

AGITΩ;94190065 said:
Maybe I'm just seeing things, its more Noticable in motion than this screen I just took, but:
BOYaMYf.jpg

Looks like Sheik in the Distance, just standing there.

It's a Hyrulian guard running away. Seriously.

You guys are going crazy.

If you actually read this thread 80%+ posts are about how Musou game is the worst genre ever in gaming and shouldn't exist, you know.

All I ever hear is people bashing and ridiculing the Musou franchise and that is why I was surprised at how many people seemed excited over it on the first few pages. I probably should of read further.

People seem to highly recommend WO3, which is actually on Wii U (so is Ken's Rage 2, bet you forgot that ever existed on Wii U, I sure did).

But how is WO3 on Wii U? Did it get patches?

Lulubop

Interested in WO3 as well, but I wouldn't know the best version or the cheapest and there's a new edition of it released in Japan?

But how is WO3 on Wii U? Did it get patches?

I like it quite a bit. And yes, it got a performance patch that got rid of slowdown issues the game had at launch. There's also some DLC, I think. No one seems to really play the game online nowadays, though.

Anyway, since I haven't posted in this thread before, I'd like to say that I'm personally looking forward to Hyrule Warriors/Zelda Musou/whatever the release name here is. It looks good to me.

I just looked it up. Holy crap. Hahahaha

This series looks cheesy. In a good way. Oh man. I'm gonna have to check EDF 2025 when it comes stateside in February. Looks like a good time. XD

Mecha

Sengoku Basara is like the best thing to come in the Musou genre.
It's just so much fun learning/doing crazy combo and the boss battle really felt nice.
Utage is the best one atm, some of the stage like the festival one were crazy fun.
I really hope Sengoku Basara 4 manage to be even better!

4 looks better than Utage, switching between L2s, new characters, better looking stages, being able to command your general on the fly to extend combos, Hideyoshi, weapon customization, etc.

The thing I want next is online co-op, why so behind Capcom?

Kouriozan

4 looks better than Utage, switching between L2s, new characters, better looking stages, being able to command your general on the fly to extend combos, Hideyoshi, weapon customization, etc.

The thing I want next is online co-op, why so behind Capcom?
This does sound amazing indeed, now I'm tempted to import >.<

Link and Ganon are obvious choices; Zelda is an oddball where she's sometimes a weak princess and sometimes a capable fighter (especially in Super Smash). Demise and Skull Kid would be really cool. Midna is a must; bonus points if she's riding on Wolf Link! Not so sure about a lot of the other ones though. Groose? King of Hyrule? Linebeck? That'd be pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, the most obvious character from Majora's Mask was also left out.

Fierce Deity Link

Mecha

This does sound amazing indeed, now I'm tempted to import >.<

Well I might make a SB4 thread, unless the Warriors Series thread decides to house the import talk. You can drop by whenever the game releases if you want.

Also, don't be scared of importing musou games people, fans usually put out translation guides for ones that don't come over.

Riposte

Since I'm in the "musou games are not good" camp, I'm not really interested in this. I can appreciate how weird this crossover is, though I don't know I want to listen to Zelda songs with Dynasty Warrior guitars.

I don't see why they can't have multiple Links from multiple games if they are going the crossover route.

Mariolee

AGIT&#937;;94199017 said:
Are you confusing the guard in front of it that runs away? Clearly that highlighted part stays still the whole time.

I didn't look back at the video, but just from the pic it's the back of a Hyrulian guard.

Albo

WTF is that? Looks like a purple horse

Could it be?

21Level03boss.png

Nah. Unlikely to be a hrose since it's about the same height as the guard near it in the distance. Looks like a zora riding a loftwing bird or something in the zoomed in shot as crazy as that sounds lol. It's probably just one of those blue/white uniformed guards that we see in the trailer but at a weird angle.

jeremy1456

I love cross over games. Not a big fan of Musou titles, but I enjoy Zelda so I will give this one a chance.

I'm really happy that Nintendo is fostering some kind of third party support through cross overs. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what fire emblem x shin megami tensei looks like.

Continue the cross overs Nintendo!

GrayShuma

Neo Member
I'm getting confused here, when you guys say crossover, do you mean like "Cao Cao vs Ganon" or are you just talking about the gameplay?

MilkBeard

Just imagine this...

During E3 they show the real Zelda U. It looks godly. Every Zelda fans cries and faints, and people who know nothing about the series instantly become curious and begin to ponder a Wii U purchase.

On that same say they go to the store and see Hyrule Warriors starring them in the face.

This game is going to sell like hotcakes in our anticipation for Zelda U. And you know that. After Twilight Princess was unveiled, I ended up buying the rest of the series. All of them. :|

That's a good point. Not only that, but Nintendo systems are notorious for local multiplayer. It would be a shame if they didn't capitalize in some way with this title. It would make for a good two player beat-em up, or even online as well in some way. I keep saying it but I think they should do it.

zeldablue

That's a good point. Not only that, but Nintendo systems are notorious for local multiplayer. It would be a shame if they didn't capitalize in some way with this title. It would make for a good two player beat-em up, or even online as well in some way. I keep saying it but I think they should do it.

That's true too. It'll make a great 3D "Four Swords" type game. I'd love to play with my friend as Link and Zelda. :)

CorvoSol

Hylian. The word for a resident of and the language of Hyrule is Hylian.

Technically both are right. Hylian is the specific species or race of human, and Hyrulean refers to the denizens of the Kingdom of Hyrule. Since the knight is presumably both, calling him a Hylian or Hyrulean Knight works.

Hylians you can find in other kingdoms. The inhabitants of Labrynna and Holodrum are Hylians, for instance. Meanwhile, people from the Ordon province of Hyrule are not Hylians, but are Hyruleans, since they owe fealty to the Hyrulean Crown. Technically Gorons and Zora are Hyruleans, too, because their monarchs owe allegiance to the King of Hyrule, but obviously Gorons and Zora are not Hylians.

I think both of you analyze it too much...

This is the official terminology. Hylians are a race, and Hyruleans are people from Hyrule.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Factions can be the various tribes such as Gerudo, Zora, Goron, Kokiri. Then the Hylian Faction as it makes up a large landmass of Hyrule itself. Then we could have the Dark World/Ganon Faction.

Possibly a Lorule Faction as well as the Divine Pantheon for beings such as Hylia, Demise and what have you.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wonder if they can deliver "nintendo quality". All the Dynasty games seemed pretty mediocre

By all accounts, the latest main entry - numbered DW8 in the west - is a significant step up in a lot of ways including play mechanics.

Personally, I think the basic idea of a genre which is practically a bullet hell shooter only with melee combat is great. Capcom's Sengoku games are also pretty nice. I am very interested to see what Nintendo's quality control does with this game.

Kinyou

I think it will be Dynasty Warriors 8 level of quality.
By all accounts, the latest main entry - numbered DW8 in the west - is a significant step up in a lot of ways including play mechanics.

Personally, I think the basic idea of a genre which is practically a bullet hell shooter only with melee combat is great. Capcom's Sengoku games are also pretty nice. I am very interested to see what Nintendo's quality control does with this game.
Ah Ok, haven't played that. Might check it out.

And yeah, will be interesting to see how much influence Nintendo has

Top Bottom