• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Secret Owl

Neo Member
I can't say I'm fond of Dynasty Warriors, but this seems like a neat little fan mod.

What's that? It's an officially licensed Nintendo game?

smh.gif

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
AGITΩ;94212601 said:
Most of which already discussed and discovered in this thread. Good watch though on some theories. Though why it would be based during the Imprisoning War and star Link makes no sense to me. There wouldn't be an Imprisoning War if Link were Present.

I'm of the opinion the "First Link" or "Pre-SS Link" will have spotlight or rather the game will focus on multiple era's in Zelda history but we'll see.

Riki

Well, isn't the Fallen Hero timeline just Link losing? Or does he actually die? This could be the years after where Link is still alive but trying to beat Ganon back.

CorvoSol

Well, isn't the Fallen Hero timeline just Link losing? Or does he actually die? This could be the years after where Link is still alive but trying to beat Ganon back.

As far as I know Link is "defeated". No mention of out and out death in English. People assume death because it makes sense, but he doesn't have to die. Especially since Ganondorf can extract the Triforce through defeat without death (as we see in Wind Waker).

So I think his defeat does not spell his death, but I have my own personal headcanon on the whole Fall Timeline.

JoRo

This thread has taught me there's a lot more to Zelda lore and back story than I thought. It all sounds very suitable for a musou game from what I've read. Of course, there's also a lot of people who hate the idea of this crossover, but I don't think it's necessary to hate on this. If Omega Force is developing it, then I doubt it's pulling a lot of resources from Nintendo's work on the franchise.

It's not said enough, Link looks so much cooler with that blue scarf.

That blue scarf is pretty fantastic. I'll be demanding free blue scarf DLC for all the 3D zelda games now on club nintendo.

But wow, the DW hate in this thread is staggering lol. I can see sales of this game not taking off at all now.

Besides that though, I hope the roster is going to be okay. Zelda isn't exactly rich in possible playable characters so it might end up smaller than even Ken's Rage 1.

That blue scarf is pretty fantastic. I'll be demanding free blue scarf DLC for all the 3D zelda games now on club nintendo.

But wow, the DW hate in this thread is staggering lol. I can see sales of this game not taking off at all now.

Besides that though, I hope the roster is going to be okay. Zelda isn't exactly rich in possible playable characters so it might end up smaller than even Ken's Rage 1.

How many alternate links are you ok with having?

AGITΩ

I always thought of this of anytime I played the game and got Game Over because I lacked a Fairy in a Bottle...AKA I died in the game.

Beth Cyra

Eh the hate isn't what would be worrying about sales. The fact 3D World had the opening it did, and that the Musou fanbase pretty much said Hell No to the Wii U in japan are much more worrying factors when it comes to this selling.

HyperHip

I'm willing to bet this could actually be the Unification/Civil war we keep hearing about in Zelda lore. So much drama over the triforce it would make a perfect backdrop for the game.

It'll sell what it'll sell, whatever. I would hope Nintendo knows this isn't going to light up the charts. It's a low-budget licensed Musou game to make fans of both series happy and diversify their lineup a tiny bit. It's the first (and probably only) exclusive Musou game on the system so maybe it'll get a few people interested, but I doubt it.

Game looks like it might be fun, so it'll get at least one sale.

Beth Cyra

It'll sell what it'll sell, whatever. I would hope Nintendo knows this isn't going to light up the charts. It's a low-budget licensed Musou game to make fans of both series happy and diversify their lineup a tiny bit. It's the first (and probably only) exclusive Musou game on the system so maybe it'll get a few people interested, but I doubt it.

Game looks like it might be fun, so it'll get at least one sale.

Can't imagine they think it will do all that well. That said, I will buy it for the scarf and Link finally having a quick and dynamic moveset for tearing up multiple people at once.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Spin-off Musou games are toss-ups.

I can't remember the last time I liked one in the first iteration, but maybe this one will buck the trend.

Well it seems it won't have what turned me off from getting Hokuto No Ken. Which was the Kanji pop up stuff after using a "Musou" attack. From what we've seen from the teaser it seems to be all about fast-paced beat em up action.

AGITΩ;94186579 said:
Any bets on Potential English name for Zelda Musou?

Hyrule Warriors just doesn't work right.
My Picks:
Warriors of Hyrule
Hylian Warriors
Knights of Hyrule
Hyrule Chronicles

Not Serious Pick:
Chronicles of Zelda's Legendary Warriors

If it's Pre-SS then my vote would be "The Legend of Zelda: Warriors of the Goddess"

Also the YouTube Trailer is over 600K already, wonder how many views it will get over the weekend.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Man, I'll be pissed if Link is the only playable character.

It's Dynasty Warriors, for God's sake! GO NUTS!

KHlover

Banned
AGITΩ;94212601 said:
Most of which already discussed and discovered in this thread. Good watch though on some theories. Though why it would be based during the Imprisoning War and star Link makes no sense to me. There wouldn't be an Imprisoning War if Link were Present.
I think you got that backwards. The SEALING war happens because Link is killed by Ganon in OoT. The Imprisoning War is the war before Skyward Sword. The first Link was present during this war. Read the Skyward Sword manga for spoilers.

Yawnier

Banned
There is no way that Link is the only playable character, one of the main draws to Musou games (for me anyway) are the playable characters and the handful of new characters they add in each iteration after that.

AGITΩ

If it's Pre-SS then my vote would be "The Legend of Zelda: Warriors of the Goddess"

Also the YouTube Trailer is over 600K already, wonder how many views it will get over the weekend.

If it is, It should be renamed "The Legend of Hylia: The Fanged Lion"

I think you got that backwards. The SEALING war happens because Link is killed by Ganon in OoT. The Imprisoning War is the war before Skyward Sword. The first Link was present during this war. Read the Skyward Sword manga for spoilers.
Let me pull out my Hyrule Historia...
Nope, I'm right, the Imprisoning War is Post OoT/Pre-ALttP. You're getting the term confused with the Imprisoned. Which is just named as "The Ancient Battle".

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
AGITΩ;94215424 said:
If it is, It should be renamed "The Legend of Hylia: The Fanged Lion"

That can be one of the Campaigns.

But really "The Fanged Lion" is probably the best Link with a Anti-Hero personality and serves as a badass-normal .

Delio

Factions can be the various tribes such as Gerudo, Zora, Goron, Kokiri. Then the Hylian Faction as it makes up a large landmass of Hyrule itself. Then we could have the Dark World/Ganon Faction.

Possibly a Lorule Faction as well as the Divine Pantheon for beings such as Hylia, Demise and what have you.

Plz let this happen. I also want all the General banter over the screen and random events happening on the map that you have to get to. Basically all out DW.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
to be honest im absolutely loving the talk on the zelda wars, which Ive always had particular interest in, and I always wanted a zelda where link fights with an army.

AGITΩ

to be honest im absolutely loving the talk on the zelda wars, which Ive always had particular interest in, and I always wanted a zelda where link fights with an army.

I always thought Nintendo would use one of their Major Wars as the basis for making a Zelda Themed MMO...but I guess this can work too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can also see the Triforce of Courage, Wisdom, Power representing the 3 character attack types. Technique, Speed, and Power.

AGITΩ;94216765 said:
I always thought Nintendo would use one of their Major Wars as the basis for making a Zelda Themed MMO...but I guess this can work too.

It's odd that you'd think they'd do that but ok. A company so outright hostile to online for so many years isn't gonna pull an FFXI

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
AGITΩ;94216765 said:

in this style we can actually see Demise being a OP bastard whole killed tons upon tons of people while being a match for even a goddess, which nintendo wasent able to properly do due to the limitations of the wii and just the way the zelda games are normallydesigned, this trailer did remind me of fighting all those enemies before getting to ghiramheim(?)

Huh?

Neo Member
I'm willing to bet this could actually be the Unification/Civil war we keep hearing about in Zelda lore. So much drama over the triforce it would make a perfect backdrop for the game.

Yeah, I greatly prefer this idea to it being the ALttP backstory war, which honestly sounded more like one giant battle than an actual war, and with what little we've seen of it I don't really think this world looks like the pre-Skyward Sword one. The enemies may resemble the ones from Skyward Sword, but they could easily be the remnants of Demise's tribe after he's destroyed.

AGITΩ;94217638 said:
With people clamoring for a Pokemon MMO, its not so out of left feild to clamor for a Zelda MMO. As another collaboration.

It's not out of left field to ask for one, but it is to expect nintendo to actually make either of those games into mmos,

jmizzal

Just watched it nice video way better then IGN rewind theater

I really hope they go all out on this game adding move sets, bosses and playable characters, I can live with the graphics as long as they are on par with DW8 PS3 or WO3 WiiU

I'm hoping for that, actually.

I want a huge cast of playable characters, canon be damned.

Yea since the other Warriors games characters are based on real historical people, this game characters should be based on all kinds of Zelda game people

JoeFu

Banned
Wow... how did that get me hyped?

Comparing the footage, it looks like Hyrule Warriors is at least a little more interesting than your average Dynasty Warriors title.... right?

The combat looks more fluid and the dodging/side jump stuff makes it seem the combat will be a tad deeper than your average musou game.

Mii

Banned
So wait, is the running bet that this is the Imprisoning War after Link dies? Or is this the Hyrulean Civil War (considered part of the Imprisoning War in the world that OOT Link dies?) that occurs when OOT Link is a baby? The videos would make me think this is the Imprisoning War.

Top Bottom