• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am flying over 1000 miles to see a woman I met before Christmas |OT| On her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see. Well, to be fair to those betting, the HIV can take up to 6 months to show up in a test. And by then, OP's girl might not be sending him money anymore for things like air plane tickets/STD testing

You're right, but for the sake of simplicity I guess that would fall under Tears. This isn't any serious betting, after all. I'm just curious as to what people think will actually go down besides gleefully predicting marriage and/or a dirt nap. :)

dTVKL.gif

But did your relationship go anything like this?

I can't see this girl not going nuts if things dont work out, especially with a $300 ticket that OP felt obliged to take.

Well, this is just the end guessing for this initial meeting. My own relationship didn't even take off until 6(?) years after that first meeting. :)

Vinci

Danish
This does sound distressingly familiar to a friend of mine who fell in love really quickly and got married within just a few months of meeting her. Now, they're separated with four kids.

Four kids? How long were they married?

It can still end in happiness and there be just a couple missing organs.

Haha. Also true! Too many variables. I give up. I wish him well, though.

Depends on his skill with pyrography!

I do hear that's the way to a girl's heart. That and booze. :D

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAAnwYbDBB4sU3I9qCcjwBpzdlvXoXhaJSDGhclxxCzeFpulp6[IMG]

put me down for tears.

tears of happiness that is. MY tears of happiness that is.[/QUOTE]

Ends in Happiness: 2 (+1, but only for Ghostmate)
Ends in Tears/Children/STDS/Missing Organs: 2

You're right, but for the sake of simplicity I guess that would fall under Tears. This isn't any serious betting, after all. I'm just curious as to what people think will actually go down besides gleefully predicting marriage and/or a dirt nap. :)

Well, this is just the end guessing for this initial meeting. My own relationship didn't even take off until 6(?) years after that first meeting. :)

I can see a middle ground happening. OP has an awesome weekend, but then gets chlamydia.

Angry Fork

Haven't checked all the responses yet just the first page but nobody finds this kind of creepy? I mean someone spending 600$+ on you (because you were allowed to keep the 300) after a few days of online chat and talking on the phone? How does this happen over a few days and not at least a couple weeks of talking, these are complete strangers over the internet...

I feel like I'm missing something here. Has she shown you her face? Did you ask to talk on webcam + confirm her identity? Did you vet her via google or other sites? Is OP going to get himself into some texas chainsaw shit?

This is what I imagine. I would be kind of worried.

Lissar

Reluctant Member

That's great that it eventually worked out even after a long time!

Long distance is awful, but it can work for those who are dedicated and have a plan for when the long distance will end.

jasonng

The |OT| in the title confuses me. This is an official topic meaning there are going to be more gaffers flying over 1000 miles to see a woman they met before Christmas?

Mordeccai

dont worry bro you dont need condoms

you want the full effect, skin on skin, fluids mixing with fluids, free unimpeded transfer of microbes from her reproductive tract to yours

it'll make your body stronger and your bonds longer

also if I were you i'd take the 300 dollars she gave me and buy her the most beautiful pair of 300 dollar earrings ever and pin them to an epic poem you pen on the plane while your infatuation neurotransmitters are kicking in and taking control of your CNS

I bet we get neither happiness nor tears. "It just didn't work out." Book it!

Well, that would be anti-climactic, wouldn't it?

?_?

That's great that it eventually worked out even after a long time!

Long distance is awful, but it can work for those who are dedicated and have a plan for when the long distance will end.

Haha. Yeah. He was blocked two times before it actually worked out, but his patience paid off. Long distance is tough, but the plan is key. And the internet. :p

Haven't checked all the responses yet just the first page but nobody finds this kind of creepy? I mean someone spending 600$+ on you (because you were allowed to keep the 300) after a few days of online chat and talking on the phone?

Ofc it's creepy, which is why everyone is interested in it.

Hanmik

Only 11 days into the 2013 and we already have Thread of the year.. damn.. we are off to a good start..!

I hope Mandrake is taking notes and is going to recap somewhere down the line..
ohh and somebody please call Sunhilegend.. we NEED him.. lol

Mikey Jr.

You know how gaf hypes up a game beyond belief, and you start to believe that its the best game ever? Then you play it, and its mediocre and could never lived up to your hype? This is what that looks like.
Best of luck op, just try and keep you expectations in check.

Llyranor

works at a bio lab, remember?
Yes, they use urine samples for some of the tests now, which is a godsend for guys. They problem is the sample won't be as accurate for women because of basic physiological reasons. Do they offer gyne swabs at this bio lab, too?

Also, the last place I would want to get STI-tested would be my workplace.

And yes, some tests won't have positive results until 3-6 months after the fact.

Maybe I'm just being negative and paranoid.

Martian

Dude, once more: BRING CONDOMS OR YOUR DICK WILL FALL OFF!

seriously, don't take this stuff on faith and get tested first. You don't want to be stuck with an STD for the rest of your life because 'She said it was okay'.

Put me down for tears btw, no way this is gonna end good. Which is good

Ryaaan14

Banned
You know how gaf hypes up a game beyond belief, and you start to believe that its the best game ever? Then you play it, and its mediocre and could never lived up to your hype? This is what that looks like.
I think most of us know that, but based on how the OP is handling this by making a huge thread about it, avatar quoting himself several times like it's funny, making this an "OT" and generally how he's handling this, it's going to be amusing to see his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom