• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am flying over 1000 miles to see a woman I met before Christmas |OT| On her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Thisisgonbgud.gif

Seriously. Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but the chances of this going well are incredibly small.

Ow well, at least this thread will be fun!

It's fun when you want to go from Omaha to Seattle and they want to send you to backwards to Atlanta.

But then you remember that it's amazing that they can send you in the complete wrong direction for hundreds of miles and it's still the fastest way to get to your destination.

Yeah, Atlanta has become the main hub airport for most of the US- making it the busiest for quite a few years now.

...which reminds me, OP, if your initial flight is running a little late and you're in the back of the plane, then be prepared to have to run to your other flight's terminal- Atlanta's airport is huge.

NateDrake

You are already dad

7pYJW.gif

JaxJag

Banned
If you're trusting her enough to buy you a ticket and fly you all the way out. It would be rude to not trust her enough and wear a candom.

Don't be rude.

Trey

Yeah, Atlanta has become the main hub airport for most of the US- making it the busiest for quite a few years now.

...which reminds me, OP, if your initial flight is running a little late and you're in the back of the plane, then be prepared to have to run to your other flight's terminal- Atlanta's airport is huge.

It's a fucking city. Timely trams though.

I will be positive and place my bet on the side that it will all work out and it will be a pleasant meeting.

Ends in Happiness: 1
Ends in Tears/Children/STDS/Missing Organs: ?

Vinci

Danish

Yes, it is.

That said, he could just do it China style: Stand up the moment the plane hits the ground, rush to the front, get into a shouting match with the stewardesses... It works.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I will be positive and place my bet on the side that it will all work out and it will be a pleasant meeting.

Ends in Tears/Children/STDS/Missing Organs: ?

I like to err on the side of positivity, I'm going with happiness despite the odds.

Tears.

Should have called that Catfish guy. We could have got an entire episode on this.

Ends in Tears/Children/STDS/Missing Organs: 1

Why does it have to be all those negative things? Could just be STD's and missing organs.

It was more like, pick any of those choices. Or bundle the most likely ones together? Either way, it would still only count as one vote in that category (that encompasses them all).

Ends in Tears/Children/STDS/Missing Organs: 1

It was more like, pick any of those choices. Or bundle the most likely ones together? Either way, it would still only count as one vote in that category (that encompasses them all).

Ah I see. Well, to be fair to those betting, the HIV can take up to 6 months to show up in a test. And by then, OP's girl might not be sending him money anymore for things like air plane tickets/STD testing

Cloudy

Banned
It's almost like the OP is making this thread to leave a trail when he's reported missing lol

Good luck but unless this chick is super rich, this sounds very sketchy. Also, if she was super-rich, surely she wouldn't have to fly someone in to get a date. Be careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom